PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Julio thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of him.
One of the creatures from Draft Twitter. A little bit of a weirdo but I don't believe he'd do this for attention. No idea how credible he is.

Reiss, Howe, and Bedard have all said in the last few days that the contract is likely a problem regardless of what the trade compensation is.

Reiss, Howe, and Bedard have all said in the last few days that the contract is likely a problem regardless of what the trade compensation is.
The contract is almost always a problem for the Patriots, even though it's almost never actually a problem.

Please let this happen, I have wanted him with the Pats for years !! A 32 Jones is better than nearly 75% of the WR’s

I may be wrong but seems like in the short term absorbing Julio’s entire salary cap hit is not a problem but they would have to make additional moves at some point, to be able to pay for possible end-of-season performance bonuses, not to mention leaving wiggle room for in-season trades, not to mention possible Gilmore extension.

The people saying Pats wouldn't give up a 1st.... Did you forget Bill traded a 1st for Cooks?

but he was 24 years old, not 32 and coming off an injury

The injuries are a bit overstated last year was the first time he missed more than 2 games since 2013.

But Belichick isn't gonna coach forever and i'm guessing he wants to get another SB before he retires and when Jones is healthy he's probably better at 32 than Cooks was at 24. Averaged 100 yards per game last season in games he played more than 20 snaps.
It's not like they kept Cooks for very long

There are reports out today that a team has offered a 1st for Jones. It’s really doubtful that was the Patriots. I wouldn’t give up a 1st for him, doing so is a move that makes more sense to get over the top and win a SB, and I think the Patriots are a year or two away from reaching that level, and that’s if they continue to put together really strong off-seasons.

There does seem to be a lot of attacking anyone who disagrees or posters following other posters around picking a fight on every post. Not sure if it just the offseason but there does seem to be an uptick in the vitriol.
Does this surprise you one bit? It happens to be the exact same trend currently happening in the United States with just about anythiing and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes