New England Patriots Free Agent Profile Dion Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
New England Patriots Free Agent Profile Dion Lewis

Steve Balestrieri

Lewis is a willing back to carry the ball between the tackles and for a smaller back, showed remarkable ability to carry would-be tacklers for yards after contact.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

This is the must sign imo. 3/15/ 10 is completely reasonable.

I would hate to see him go. He is a quick player, who's skill set is tailor made for this offense.

Not sure if the pats will committ 5 million a year to him though, given the injury history. But I wouldn't regret it if they did.

I honestly think that he's gone. The reason I think he's gone is that I think that Burkhead and Lewis are too close to the same player, and we have needs in too many other areas of the offense and defense to carry both players right now.

I think our running back core next year is going to be Burkhead, Gillislee and White, with maybe a bit of Bolden or some draftee or UDFA thrown in for good measure. Since the running game is a minority share of the offense, that's probably good enough with so many othe areas to spend cap space on.

I'd love to see Dion Lewis back but I don't see the Pats spending that much. I also think that while he's the best back, the Pats offense will be fine with James White and the cheaper Burkhead, who they hopefully will resign. With Brady and the passing attack I don't think they'll put as much premium on RB spending.

Assuming tough choices have to be made I think the Pats are much better taking the extra Dion Lewis money and spending it on LB/DL

Fantastic player, but was only able to stay healthy 1 of the 3 years he was here.. Id love to have him back, but I'd be hesitant to pay a premium on him

They might be able to get Burkhead back at a lower deal

I am completely irrational when it comes to Dion Lewis. He is my unabashed binky.

He is such a joy to watch, he’s one of the few players who are able to surprise you even after watching decades of football.

He seems like a good guy too from what I’ve heard in interviews. I know RB careers are short and he needs to get as much money as he can but I’m hoping we can find a way to keep him.

Burkhead? Bleh, he was dead to me when he crashed into the GOAT.

This is the must sign imo. 3/15/ 10 is completely reasonable.
I would find that offer to be reasonable, although I think that is the basement of what Lewis is looking for. I’d like to see Belichick spend a bit more here, but I just don’t really see it happening. Hope I’m wrong.

In my opinion, the “must sign” is clearly Nate Solder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back