PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England at Denver AFCCG pre game thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriots must be prepared to play 4 full quarters. Let's say for example they get a big lead like the Panthers did toady, (unlikely to be that big) the offense and the defense cannot shift and play conservative.

I honestly see very few runs next week. Belichick is going to put the ball in Brady's hands all game cause he knows how motivated Brady is to get to that next game in his backyard.

CBS gets the AFC games
FOX gets the NFC games
NBC gets the primetime games
They rotate every year the Superbowl

NBC had the Seahawks/Vikings game though (1:00 pm)

Anyway, not a big deal I guess. I just can't stand Simms/Nantz

I'd be really surprised if we don't handle business. Last time we had no Collins, dola, je11, hightower left early and bunch of bs calls against us. We are certainly better now than then. Can't say same for broncos.

Not if Goody and Belandino have anything to say about that.

it should be in NE, we'd smoke them...

..gotta stop the run. very worried that they get their running game going early and slowly start making our defense tired in the mile high air..

steelers defense isnt any good and they held up pretty well. if we can't replicate that, then we don't deserve to win.

I am not sure what all the nervousness and hesitation about the Pats being able to win on the road next week. Denver started three drives on the Pitt 40 and better and scored 6 points........I am happy to paly Denver, they have way less weapons than Pitt. Yes, it sucks not getting a home game but what better way to win number 5 than to knock out 5 head in his own stadium!

The last time when Brady's weapons consisted of Mulligan, Hooman, Dobson, Slater, and we had Gregory, Dennard, and Arrington ( playing on the outside) in our secondary?

What an absurd thing to bring up.

What's ****ing absurd about saying that I couldn't handle another loss like that?

Could you? Would you be happy to lose like that again?

Keys to the game

- Have to stop the run, Anderson ate us up in the first match-up - seemed like it had alot to do with the snow though

- I want to see the Refs STAY out of it on both sides. The refs absolutely screwed us in the first match-up on quite a few game-changing calls.

- Peyton looks like ass and has no deep ball, I doubt we'll see a pass beyond 30 yards, so just play tight

- Denvers front is beast mode but their secondary show'd a ton of weakness, screw the run and just spread it out and let Brady rip it

edit - that's right this account is 5 years old and this is my first post, come at me bros

Not if Goody and Belandino have anything to say about that.

Goodell can't be overtly obvious with the referee agenda. It's a championship game. Denver will definitely get some "lucky" calls their way, but our team should be able to balance it out with intelligent decisions, lack of turnovers and good old fashioned Patriot football.

I hate that ****ing stadium and that thin air. Every opponent's defense is gassed by the middle of the third quarter. Ugh!

The last time we had no running game, little-to-no passing game, did a momentum changing mistake, played without half the offense, lost Hightower and especially Gronkduring the game, and the Broncos had huge help from the refs.

And we lost that game in OT.

I think it's highly unlikely all of the above happens again, and considering we have the entire offense minus Lewis back, we're already in a much better place.
All true, but that was that game and it doesn't mean **** next week. This will be a close game.

Denver got into the AFCCG 20 minutes ago and I am already tired of the bellyaching about how the Pats struggle in Denver and we shouldn't want to go there,

First, the Patriots with Belichick and Brady struggling in Denver have been a bit overstated. Yes, they are 2-5 in Denver in the Brady and Belichick era, but one loss was Brady's 5th start of his career and the last loss was when the Pats had about 6 starters out of the game and still lost in overtime.

The Pats are the better team. If they cannot beat Denver in Denver, they don't deserve to go to the Super Bowl. Bring on the Broncos.

Nobody is afraid of Denver. I don't know why some keep assuming this when fans say "I don't want to play Denver". People wanted to avoid them because 1) Playoff road games are tough to win and Brady is FAR better at home and 2). Even tougher to win when the refs are going to want to **** us in the ass long **** style and finish inside. There's no point in me crying all week about the refs so I believe the Pats will play good enough to where the refs won't matter significantly. That's all I can hope at this point.

Denver didn't look good today but the Patriots don't play well there period.

Patriots didn't exactly look great yesterday either. There was about three times that Kansas City should have intercepted the ball but just couldn't.

People seem to be thrilled about this matchup after watching the game today you want to play Pittsburgh 100 out of 100 times at home rather than trying to win a game in Denver.

I hate this match up and I simply don't think the Patriots can win a playoff game there.

If we execute we have a better chance.But the denver calls and our run D worries me and their WR's dropped a lot of balls too. Weird things happen in denver.

Goodell can't be overtly obvious with the referee agenda. It's a championship game. Denver will definitely get some "lucky" calls their way, but our team should be able to balance it out with intelligent decisions, lack of turnovers and good old fashioned Patriot football.

From your mouth to God's ears.

Weird game time next week, 3:05pm EST.

Also, why does CBS get the game? They get the AFCCG and SuperBowl?

Should be Fox = NFCCG, NBC = AFCCG.

No.

SB rotates every year, CBS, FOX, NBC.

CBS is the AFC channel. FOX is the NFC channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST