PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots 2022 Draft Profile, WR, Jameson Williams, Alabama

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I would take him at 21 for sure .....but I would suspect BB may trade down.

I would take him at 21 for sure .....but I would suspect BB may trade down.
I have been saying this for awhile. I think the Pats will have long time regrets if they pass on him (especially if he goes to a divisional opponent). He has elite talent at a position of need on a 5 year rookie deal. They seem reluctant to pay the going rate for #1 type WRs, so drafting one is just about the only way to get one for any length of time. Moss and Brown scenarios would be he only other way it could happen if they are unwilling to open the pocket book.

Another reason I am confident in him being a success here is the fact that he played spring 2021 football for Ohio st. I did not transfer to Alabama until after that. He not only picked up the new system quickly, he dominated even after Metchie went down, Thats impressive.

I would love to see them draft him but I think Belichick is going defense with the first ick, probably DL.

No matter what WR it would be, 1st round pick, or the ones we've missed out on, if BB would pick them, they'd bust here. Don't know what it is, but it's just the facts. I guess the ONLY caveat of hope is that with a new OC and QB, maybe there's a chance. Because the last time it worked was Givens & Branch, and that's when it was Weis and very young Brady. Still, we can't use a 1st rounder on a WR that won't play (much) this year because of ACL.

I would love to see them draft him but I think Belichick is going defense with the first ick, probably DL.
Thinking Wyatt will be the pick and I’d be perfectly ok with that. Thats the problem with having a few holes on the roster. CB, LB, G, DL would all be a welcome addition. However, Williams is special and only falling because of the acl. Still might not make it to us. I’d be cool with Burks and Olave too.

No matter what WR it would be, 1st round pick, or the ones we've missed out on, if BB would pick them, they'd bust here. Don't know what it is, but it's just the facts. I guess the ONLY caveat of hope is that with a new OC and QB, maybe there's a chance. Because the last time it worked was Givens & Branch, and that's when it was Weis and very young Brady. Still, we can't use a 1st rounder on a WR that won't play (much) this year because of ACL.

I agree with most of this. Wyatt would be a great 1st rd. Pick, and they have plenty needs they can address. I would love Williams, and he may be there, but I think he will wait until at least the second for a WR. Fortunately there is really good depth at DT, and that’s a major need. I don’t think solace is a #1, but Burks would give Jones a big target over the middle and downfield.

I agree with most of this. Wyatt would be a great 1st rd. Pick, and they have plenty needs they can address. I would love Williams, and he may be there, but I think he will wait until at least the second for a WR. Fortunately there is really good depth at DT, and that’s a major need. I don’t think solace is a #1, but Burks would give Jones a big target over the middle and downfield.
Burks might fall down outside the first round.

I prefer Olave over Williams

Rumor has it that he can catch footballs. I know right?

adam-gase-taco-press-conference.gif

EDIT: I do value your opinion

Last edited:
I feel like we could draft prime Jerry Rice at 21 and still find a way to **** up his development. Maybe I'm just a cynic.

The more I look at this draft the more convinced I am that they won’t be drafting at #21. He’s going to move down to add picks, probably multiple times.

The more I look at this draft the more convinced I am that they won’t be drafting at #21. He’s going to move down to add picks, probably multiple times.
Yep. Pick up a couple of Josh Boyces or Brandon Tates in the 4th, rinse and repeat for next year

Rumor has it that he can catch footballs. I know right?

adam-gase-taco-press-conference.gif
Don't we have guys that can perform similar task? Maybe discounted versions but all the same? I feel like Williams is more of a "missing piece" when you look at the collective of what we have. Higher upside, elite speed to be a legit outside threat. Like Olave just think his value is more in the 2nd than at 21. Keep repeating myself but if we're at 21, not trading out. It's Burks or Williams for but I get the Olave love. He'd do great here.

Why???????
View attachment 42036

*edit*
Just curious.
I'm concerned about Williams injury. It would be an interesting matchup to have Olave in the slot with his speed with Bourne and Meyers on the outside (perhaps Nelson too if he is still with the team). At times Edelman was the best WR on the team...he moved around sure but was money in the slot.

I'm concerned about Williams injury. It would be an interesting matchup to have Olave in the slot with his speed with Bourne and Meyers on the outside (perhaps Nelson too if he is still with the team). At times Edelman was the best WR on the team...he moved around sure but was money in the slot.
Yea I get that too. Its no fun drafting prospects that don't play right away. Sometimes it's worth it like Simmons, Easley comes to mind but he should have been a 2nd or 3rd round pick imo (where I had him)

I also agree about what you say about Olave. He could be an upgrade from Agholor or Meyers who might be gone in a few years.

Just think you can get Olave's skill set later and we already have a few interchangeable guys. Getting a true outside threat would do a lot more to further this offense imo.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back