PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Is Mac Jones on the Trade Block? Six Thoughts On the Patriots QB’s Situation

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Is Mac Jones on the Trade Block? Six Thoughts On the Patriots QB’s Situation
Ian Logue
It's been an interesting 24 hours since Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com reported on the club potentially exploring trade options for Mac Jones, and here are some thoughts on it.

The post Is Mac Jones on the Trade Block? Six Thoughts On the Patriots QB’s Situation appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Mac ain't going anywhere. Not in 2023 at least.

Mac ain't going anywhere. Not in 2023 at least.

This is where I am at too....

And if we are to move Mac...it would be before the draft...probably before OTA's even....

Is Mac Jones on the Trade Block? Six Thoughts On the Patriots QB’s Situation
Ian Logue
It's been an interesting 24 hours since Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com reported on the club potentially exploring trade options for Mac Jones, and here are some thoughts on it.

The post Is Mac Jones on the Trade Block? Six Thoughts On the Patriots QB’s Situation appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
Great write-up, Ian. best I've seen summarizing the situation.

As a Bama alumni, I was so happy Mac was selected by the Patriots because it was a franchise that was run like a well oiled machine.

Unfortunately, that is not case any longer. Last year, particularly the OC situation, was nothing short of a hot mess! Reminds me of the Falcons. I hope Bill finds a partner to trade Mac so he gets with a franchise that is on the up swing.
Y’all can beat me up for my comment, but be honest. This current team is not the Patriot teams of the past.

As a Bama alumni, I was so happy Mac was selected by the Patriots because it was a franchise that was run like a well oiled machine.

Unfortunately, that is not case any longer. Last year, particularly the OC situation, was nothing short of a hot mess! Reminds me of the Falcons. I hope Bill finds a partner to trade Mac so he gets with a franchise that is on the up swing.
Y’all can beat me up for my comment, but be honest. This current team is not the Patriot teams of the past.
It's the same team. BB just had the greatest QB of all time to cover his mistakes.

Hypothetical trade to SF. Mac and a 4th to SF for Trey Lance. After seeing how well Purdy played in SF, I think Mac would be better than Purdy in that specific Shanahan type offense, I think he’s tailor made, and I think SF realizes they made a mistake not taking Mac.

Lance, the NFL is moving towards Lance kinds of QBs, the type that can extend plays with their feet. You have an open competition between Lance and Zappe.

FWIW, Curran point-blank says Mac Jones will not be traded tonight.

Also, he says the Pats will not select a QB tonight.

Reactions: Ian
FWIW, Curran point-blank says Mac Jones will not be traded tonight.

Also, he says the Pats will not select a QB tonight.

Said it Tuesday on his podcast also:

“As I tell the Patriots to be aggressive, does that include going off at the quarterback position? No,” said Curran. “I mean, the Patriots should adopt that ‘F-them picks’ mentality that is everywhere in the league, take advantage of the willingness of teams to deal, put those picks together, and move up. Not necessarily at 14, but you can’t wait there until 46 and 75 to make your second and third picks.”

“Now, back to Mac. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. The Patriots moving on from Mac Jones would be Bill Belichick basically putting an ‘I effed up’ shirt on and parading it around the draft room. He was the offensive rookie of the year until J’Marr Chase overtook him in 2021. Last year before the season began, he had shown dramatic improvement. Now he can’t play? That would be a complete and utter resignation by Bill that he said, ‘I didn’t do it right.’ He can’t play now? Well why can’t he play now? Because Bill made it that way.”

“You know I also said earlier this offseason that Mac Jones gets traded over Robert Kraft’s dead body. And to me, Kraft looks fine. O.K.? And God-willing, it stays that way. It makes no sense for a coach, whose seat is fairly warm, to defy the owner.”

It's the same team. BB just had the greatest QB of all time to cover his mistakes.
Like not calling a time out in the Seattle SB win? I can’t think of another coach that wouldn’t have called timeout!

Since when is Curran credible??
Big Sean Omg GIF

Said it Tuesday on his podcast also:

“As I tell the Patriots to be aggressive, does that include going off at the quarterback position? No,” said Curran. “I mean, the Patriots should adopt that ‘F-them picks’ mentality that is everywhere in the league, take advantage of the willingness of teams to deal, put those picks together, and move up. Not necessarily at 14, but you can’t wait there until 46 and 75 to make your second and third picks.”

“Now, back to Mac. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. The Patriots moving on from Mac Jones would be Bill Belichick basically putting an ‘I effed up’ shirt on and parading it around the draft room. He was the offensive rookie of the year until J’Marr Chase overtook him in 2021. Last year before the season began, he had shown dramatic improvement. Now he can’t play? That would be a complete and utter resignation by Bill that he said, ‘I didn’t do it right.’ He can’t play now? Well why can’t he play now? Because Bill made it that way.”

“You know I also said earlier this offseason that Mac Jones gets traded over Robert Kraft’s dead body. And to me, Kraft looks fine. O.K.? And God-willing, it stays that way. It makes no sense for a coach, whose seat is fairly warm, to defy the owner.”
I miss the old Tom Curran, the one who did football instead of narratives.

Based on this, we have no idea if Bill actually thinks Mac is the right man for the job, all we have is Tom's feckless jabber about BB defending his reputation.

Tom has really become a tool.

Personally, I'm certain that Bill doesn't worry about his reputation to the degree Tom suggests he does, and worries a lot more about building a team than Tom suggests he does.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back