PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE@TB . PRE-GAME thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew played baseball. Gronk is an NFL TE. Comparing durability between a guy who doesn't even play a contact sport vs. a guy who plays arguably the most damaging position in his (and who's had something like 9-10 surgeries) isn't exactly apples to apples.
Taking the comparison too literally .

Gronk and Drew were unable to play entire season regularly and we're consistently dinged up.

Rowe out, Gilmore banged up against Evans and Jackson? nice

Just keeps getting worse. Don't think the Gronk loss would that bad if the pats stopped giving up 450 yards and 30 points a game.

Marshall "awesomest player of all time" Faulk : "blah blah blah what IF they had kept Jones & Collins & ..."

2014 champions. 2016 champions.

Yup, if they kept Jones and Collins that $22-28M in cap space would've had to come from somewhere, and that's assuming you could get them to buy in to the point that you could give them those contracts without poisoning the locker room. We'd also be out our left guard, since we drafted Thuney with a pick we got in the Jones trade. Plus in Wise, we've already got a guy who's making peanuts and doing 80-90% of what Jones does, so I don't have any issue with trading him away. I'll concede that this defense could use a guy with Collins' talents in a bad way, but if the issue is communication and Collins was traded away in part because he was freelancing too much, are we really sure he would've fixed any of the problems we're seeing out there?

I'm nearly certain that Faulk considered zero of these points before offering up his stupid hot take.

Marshall "awesomest player of all time" Faulk : "blah blah blah what IF they had kept Jones & Collins & ...The Patriots have the worst defense blah blah blah"

2014 champions. 2016 champions. 2017 champions

Fixed :D

I sense a blowout, sorry. When is the last time patriots had losing record?
Chickens are coming home to roost, unfortunately. To ROOST!

Giardi directly contradicting Lombardi...

I think both made reasonable points. If I'm the Pats, I would be very reluctant to run into the teeth of this defense, particularly Thuney's way, given how overmatched I expect Thuney and Andrews to be against the likes of McCoy and Baker. McCoy's first step is too fast and he's too strong, I'm really worried he might end up living in the backfield today.

But having said that, I think the Bucs can be gashed with runs to the outside, jet sweeps, etc. Thanks to injuries their LBs are in as bad of shape as ours, arguably even worse. Just gotta figure out how to get to the second level, once we get there there'll be huge plays on the table.

Taking the comparison too literally .

Gronk and Drew were unable to play entire season regularly and we're consistently dinged up.

Eh, you're being coy about it now but JD Drew has a very specific and well-known reputation and I find it hard to believe that you made the comparison innocently without considering that reputation.

I just saw that gronk's out. Yikes. Things just got even tougher. Like someone mentioned i am getting a 2009 vibe with this team.

Hope he's healthier than Rowe was on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back