PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE@TB . PRE-GAME thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I didnt have an issue with Ward playing.

He is horrible in space and to be quite honest it doesnt make me feel any better that the Bucs safety is someone from the practice squad who needs to flash to stick around. Ward got his ring and a contract, that other guy is playing for his life in the NFL. I dont think that makes him any less likely to produce a season ender with a shot at someone knees.

Personally I didnt have an issue with Ward playing.

He is horrible in space and to be quite honest it doesnt make me feel any better that the Bucs safety is someone from the practice squad who needs to flash to stick around. Ward got his ring and a contract, that other guy is playing for his life in the NFL. I dont think that makes him any less likely to produce a season ender with a shot at someone knees.

I thought Gronk not in perfect health as it is so keeping Ward away from him makes one less worry.. and you know there are plenty as it is. Remember the order, no injuries #1..

Mostly trying to figure out what I'm gonna have for suppah pre-game. I have beer and snacks for the game, but I need something with at least a pretense to nutrition before I subject my body to those stresses again. :)

Mostly trying to figure out what I'm gonna have for suppah pre-game.

80 degrees on Long Guyland... we are gonna grill burgers and dogs... our own tailgate party... in the backyard. LOL

For the game I'm drinking bourbon, as always... hopefully TB will be offering Tampa a different libation...

tom-brady-can-of-whup-ass.jpg

The Branch news kind of bummed me out a bit. Still feeling that this is going to be a turnaround point for the defense. I just cannot fathom them being as bad as they were on Sunday.

Pats should be able to score and this may turn into a shootout.

Let's get some stops on D and get the running game going.

It would be nice for this team to go into the 10 mini on a positive note.

80 degrees on Long Guyland... we are gonna grill burgers and dogs... our own tailgate party... in the backyard. LOL

For the game I'm drinking bourbon, as always... hopefully TB will be offering Tampa a different libation...

View attachment 18150

I usually have a jug of bourbon or Canadian to hand but I forgot to replenish the stocks. I still have a half bottle of Stoli in the freezer, and some V-8 juice, so there's that, I suppose.

The Branch news kind of bummed me out a bit. Still feeling that this is going to be a turnaround point for the defense. I just cannot fathom them being as bad as they were on Sunday.

Pats should be able to score and this may turn into a shootout.

Let's get some stops on D and get the running game going.

It would be nice for this team to go into the 10 mini on a positive note.

I don't want a shootout. I want this defense to finally show what they're capable off. They need to show up tonight and have a feeling they will.

I don't want a shootout. I want this defense to finally show what they're capable off. They need to show up tonight and have a feeling they will.

That would be nice. Not sure how much they can fix in 3 days. Maybe they just put Gilmore in man and let him shut down one side of the field. Fix the issues next week.

Hoping for a game like that @NYJ blowout in 2011. We were coming off 2 consecutive losses including one home game, and the Jets had knocked us out of the playoffs the previous season. Sterling Moore was signed off the PS to start at safety, and it looked just about obvious the Jets would win.

Of course, we won that 37-16.

I usually have a jug of bourbon or Canadian to hand but I forgot to replenish the stocks. I still have a half bottle of Stoli in the freezer, and some V-8 juice, so there's that, I suppose.

3 shots of Absolut Pepper, V8, 6 olives, Claussen pickle in 16oz glass sets the mood and my salt fix for the week.

Here is a breakdown of the opposing QB ratings minus the game against the Pats and the game against the Pats. Not as clear cut as the Pats D stinks. Yes, two of these guys had there best games (by a long shot) against the Pats D - Smith and Newton, but Brees had his worst game and Watson was even better the next week than against the Pats.

Alex Smith: 115.6 - 148.6
Drew Brees: 113.5 - 99.9 (worst)
DeSean Watson: 86.9- 90.6 (best to that point by a 15).
Cam Newton: 71.3 -130.8
Jam Winston: 94.8 - ?

I can see Winston going for a 110 rating with 2-3 TDs. Brady will hopefully do what he does and go for a 115-120 rating with 3-4 TDs.

3 shots of Absolut Pepper, V8, 6 olives, Claussen pickle in 16oz glass sets the mood and my salt fix for the week.

Yup. I miss Stoli Pertsovka. It was a red-colored pepper-infused vodka that was wikkid pissah is you kept it in the freezer and did straight shots. :)

I'm just looking for slight improvement and a win. Everything doesn't have to be fixed tonight. Just limit the big plays and stop the run. Make TB's game plan one dimensional on D.

On O, just BLOCK FOR THE GOAT!

Yup. I miss Stoli Pertsovka. It was a red-colored pepper-infused vodka that was wikkid pissah is you kept it in the freezer and did straight shots. :)

I dont recall every having it but damn I wish I could now!

Im going to have some mimosas, wine cheese and crackers, some goat cheese pastry puffs, a veggie tray and lite ranch dressing and maybe a wine spritzer

i'm not eating or drinking . or breathing for that matter - until this D stays under 30;)

We better win this game or I'll be making some very angry posts around here

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes