PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE@TB . PRE-GAME thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
woudn't mind seeing the bouncer at all..

That is just stupid. For as bad as Branch has been relatively speaking.. his worst is still considerably better than putting a OL on defense in goal line packages.

That is just stupid. For as bad as Branch has been relatively speaking.. his worst is still considerably better than putting a OL on defense in goal line packages.
He's done it pre-season I believe.

Roberts is uncanny. Hard not to love this boy..
It will be if he keeps giving up big plays in the passing game. Remember the Freeman catch in the fourth quarter of the SB after NE came within 8 points and pinned them deep on the kickoff? LOL :D

No Langi reported in warm-ups..:(

Looks like - Burkhead (i), Rowe (i), Gronk (i) Branch, Croston, Langi, Waddle - inactive

Ugh Gronk injured again....ouch.....hopefully he will be ready to go next week....or if not, hold him out until playoffs (hopefully) so he can be totally healthy when it counts!!! Of course that would mean Allen would have to step up!!!

still a long wait . so maybe this time this thread makes sense

let's start with - good news is never old news: Gronk IN Ward (very likely) OUT

Was Gronk playing really in question? These Thursday night injury reports are a throwback because they are opinion based instead of practice based like they used to be. Bill probably blowing smoke.

Edit oh **** he’s out, read the report wrong

Last edited:
throws 97-102. throws 80% breaking balls
It's maddening. Price does the same goddamn thing.

Pound the strike zone. It's like watching Matsuzaka.

This game will be ugly for Pats

Eh, you're being coy about it now but JD Drew has a very specific and well-known reputation and I find it hard to believe that you made the comparison innocently without considering that reputation.
I'm not being coy.

Let me make it plain.

Gronk is constantly dinged up and his availability and durability is consistently a question mark.

So was Drew.

You can dispute the comparison but my observation re: Gronk is spot on.

Giardi directly contradicting Lombardi...

Lombardi is looking at a number without context. Giradi likely looked at the context, which is

At HT against Chicago, TB was up 26-0 and there went any running game for Chicago. For the game Chicago ran 16 times for 20 yards

Minnesota ran 37 times for 124 yards. So while it wasn't some great rushing game they stuck to it and got yards and averaged a little over what they have on the season (Minn. averaging 108.0 rushing yards per game)

Giants who have a terrible run game, probably worst in the league rushed 28 times for 91 yards, again while they didn't have some great game. They had a game that was almost double than their season average per game (59.9 rushing yards per gam is what they average)

The Minnesota and New York games show that this isn't some defense that is that "no point in trying to run against these guys" type. The Chicago game kind of skews their rush defense

He is definitely injury prone and may not have the highest pain tolerance ....but hopefully can make it back soon....gives me a real appreciation for Edelman again....guy took more brutal shots than anyone ever I think....rarely out and played thru a lot of sh!t including quad and groin strains!!....Gronk is just not able to go at that level I guess

Gronk is officially OUT

Gilmore and Roberts officially left off INACTIVES

He is definitely injury prone and may not have the highest pain tolerance ....but hopefully can make it back soon....gives me a real appreciation for Edelman again....guy took more brutal shots than anyone ever I think....rarely out and played thru a lot of sh!t including quad and groin strains!!....Gronk is just not able to go at that level I guess

????

Official Game Day Thread is now up. Going to lock this now

Edelman is a piss poor example to be using to knock Gronk.. But I guess trolls gotta troll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes