PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE 2018 TC . week 4 . info

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're just completely making things up. Go look at the game and you'll see that the only thing Von Miller and Ware are looking at is Stork's helmet. Time after time. The tape doesn't lie.
What do dL look at personal on every play? The ball. You are trying to tell me you can see they are looking at his head instead of the ball?

Let me explain.
When you have a silent count instead of verbally calling hut, hut, hut, it is done SILENTLY.
You establish a trigger then the “huts” are silent. Just as the Cadence has something prior to the first “hut” like “set” or “Omaha”.
The trigger was stork raising his head.
To say stork tipped the snap would be to say Brady tips it every time he gives the verbal trigger.
If the play call was on “1” every time and the defense picked up on it, they would have picked up on it just as well with a verbal cadence and no physical, head bob, trigger.

I mean how did you think a silent snap count works?

Has nothing to do with authority and everything to do with what's on tape. They show clips and stills.
No it has to do with people who don’t know what they are talking about.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: PP2
No you don’t. You make them up, such as when you made this up:

I guarantee you that I never said that. You will absolutely not find that statement anywhere in any of my posts.
I quoted it when you says it. I paraphrased it there. It’s a very close paraphrase. I’ll go find it again since you don’t seem to remember the things you say.

Ryan has nothing to do with the discussion. This is not about going against BB's "bend or break philosophy" as I've tried to explain many times, but at this point, you're just being obdurate.
You are saying Flores will be allowed to use his own philosophy. I said he will work within the philosophy Belichick ascribes to. Now you are either agreeing with me or contradicting yourself.
He can’t not be allowed to “go against” Belichicks philosophy and also gave free reign to implement his own philosophy whatever that may be.

What do dL look at personal on every play? The ball. You are trying to tell me you can see they are looking at his head instead of the ball?

Let me explain.
When you have a silent count instead of verbally calling hut, hut, hut, it is done SILENTLY.
You establish a trigger then the “huts” are silent. Just as the Cadence has something prior to the first “hut” like “set” or “Omaha”.
To say stork tipped the snap would be to say Brady tips it every time he gives the verbal trigger.
If the play call was on “1” every time and the defense picked up on it, they would have picked up on it just as well with a verbal cadence and no physical, head bob, trigger.

Now you're just dragging this discussion into silent counts. It's pretty obvious you're completely ignoring that article or why I posted it, never mind the fact that when a silent count is done properly, it does not result in the QB getting hit 20 times and sacked 4 times as Brady was in that game. But yeah, just ignore this salient point.

You claimed BB was a micromanager:

BB isn’t a micromanager? Are you kidding?

and I'm pointing out the preponderance of evidence that he's not. He's allowed the coordinators to have their influence on the game, unless it becomes detrimental.

And if BB was a micromanager, how come he didn't catch Stork's head-bobbing which had been a problem for quite some time, as a matter of fact, as early as the game against KC:

Horrible Passing: The KC Recap - Inside The Pylon

Cadence and communication are difficult in a loud, raucous environment like Arrowhead Stadium. However, telegraphing the snap count like this is something Stork must never do again.

Hahahahahaha. Just like when you claimed Hightower doesn't know what he's talking about, right? That's rich.

Last edited:
You are saying Flores will be allowed to use his own philosophy. I said he will work within the philosophy Belichick ascribes to. Now you are either agreeing with me or contradicting yourself.
He can’t not be allowed to “go against” Belichicks philosophy and also gave free reign to implement his own philosophy whatever that may be.

The problem is you never asked me how that could be possible. You just went off on a rant about how impossible it would be for Flores to implement a Ryan style defense under BB which is how you're starting to frame it.

Here again, for the 100th time is my post (from the game thread):

At no point did I say that Flores would clash with BB or go against his "bend but don't break" defense, or use schemes against BB's wishes. However, he is still going to bring his style and attitude to the defense, and that defense will bear his identity. How do I know this? We've seen it in the past, with Patricia, Dean Pees, Crennel, and Saban all of who brought their own style and approach to the defense they were in charge of.

Now you're just dragging this discussion into silent counts. It's pretty obvious you're completely ignoring that article or why I posted it, never mind the fact that when a silent count is done properly, it does not result in the QB getting hit 20 times and sacked 4 times as Brady was in that game. But yeah, just ignore this salient point.
Dragging into silent counts? That is EXACTLY what the issue is. I’m sorry that you don’t understand how a silent count works.
Your article is wrong and was debunked years ago.

and I'm pointing out the preponderance of evidence that he's not. He's allowed the coordinators to have their influence on the game, unless it becomes detrimental.
Now you are moving the goalposts. “Have their influence”. Before you said the defense will have Flores philosophy.

And if BB was a micromanager, how come he didn't catch Stork's head-bobbing which had been a problem for quite some time, as a matter of fact, as early as the game against KC:
Once again there is nothing to “catch”. The head bob is a designed trigger. If it results in the snap being tipped that is because the COUNT isn’t changing.
Once again explain how you think a silent avalanche count works.

Horrible Passing: The KC Recap - Inside The Pylon

Hahahahahaha. Just like when you claimed Hightower doesn't know what he's talking about, right? That's rich.
Yup make up something I didn’t say.
Hightower said BASED ON PLAY CALLING IN AN OTA Flores is more aggressive. I’m sure that comment is right. I’m also sure okay callling in an ota (just like in a preseason game) tells you nothing.

The problem is you never asked me how that could be possible. You just went off on a rant about how impossible it would be for Flores to implement a Ryan style defense under BB which is how you're starting to frame it.

Here again, for the 100th time is my post (from the game thread):
And I explained exactly why your comment was wrong. But you don’t want to listen you just want to look like you won an argument.

No you said you are certain he is not in one breath and then said you claim to know nothing about the internal management of the team in another.

B.B. is more detail oriented than any coach in the league.
He watches film to catch tells on players.
He runs drills in practice
He personally coached players on technique
He has a written manual for everything

That is a micromanager. Micromanager does not mean he personally addresses every detail because that would be impossible. It means he manages every detail, through his people by teaching them what he wants and demanding it of them.

You are seriously trying to argue that a coach who has overwhelming chosen to set his defense up as e trendily conservative, with not allowing big plays being the most important factor, because he knows he wins more games that way is going to allow a lb coach who isn’t even a coordinator and is calling plays for the first time to decide on his own what level of conservative or aggressive the defense will play, and let him roll “until there is a problem”. That’s ludicrous.
Flores will call the plays. But he will call them based upon a game plan (philosophy) that is what Belichick wants.
If Belichick and Flores differ philosophically I believe Belichick gets his way, you are saying Flores can run his philosophy until there is a problem. You are flat out wrong.

I am amazed that bill’s going into the season with this wr group. Does he really think guys like Patterson, decker, and dorsett will be good enough with edelman out for the first four games? If we go 3-1 during that stretch i would be ecstatic.

I am amazed that bill’s going into the season with this wr group. Does he really think guys like Patterson, decker, and dorsett will be good enough with edelman out for the first four games? If we go 3-1 during that stretch i would be ecstatic.
Obviously yes he does.

We should be ecstatic every time we go 3-1 in any 4 game stretch (outside of the playoffs). That nets out to a 12-4 record, which is a good season by any standard. The fact that we've just become so bored and accustomed to winning that 3-1 would EVER be unacceptable speaks more to our expectations as fans than to the Pats ability to build a team.

Lets be realistic even if we go 4-0 you will find things to ***** about.

No i am just stating facts here but you’re one of the biggest homers on this board. The wr situation is very thin. Need to hope Edelman and hogan stay healthy the rest of the season. Also hope Jules is the same player before the injury.

Let me explain.

No, to say Stork tipped the snap would be to say Stork tipped the snap. You have a pretty bad habit of putting words in people's mouths. Check out the article below.

Bryan Stork Was Tipping The Snap - Inside The Pylon

The Patriots are lined up in the shotgun and Stork has his head down, looking back at Brady. Just before the ball is snapped, Stork lifts his head and then snaps the ball. There is no pause or delay – Stork lifts his head and then snaps the ball, effectively telling the defense exactly when to start rushing.

On the second snap, Brady is lined up under center. As the line sets, Stork is looking forward, but then dips his head and then pulls it back up just prior to the snap. Again, there is no attempt to disguise the timing of the snap – lift and snap. Because these were the first two snaps of the game, the Broncos were not yet jumping with the motion.

But by the third quarter the Broncos had caught on, with Miller and Ware perfectly timing edge rushes. Combining Stork’s head bob with their already elite speed enabled the two to race around tackles Sebastian Vollmer and Marcus Cannon with ease.

No, to say Stork tipped the snap would be to say Stork tipped the snap. You have a pretty bad habit of putting words in people's mouths. Check out the article below.

Bryan Stork Was Tipping The Snap - Inside The Pylon
The article is wrong.

The head bob is not the cause of tipping the snap count. It is the trigger. There had to be a trigger. If you blame the trigger for the count being jumped you are ignorant to the fact there is a count.
Again if it were a verbal count; set, hit, hut
and almost every play was called on 1 and the defense figures it out the head bob argument says it was tipped brvagwe he said set instead of a diffetent word. Think a little.

We have been through this many times.

If you think the article is correct then please explain how you think a silent snap count works.

The article is wrong.

The head bob is not the cause of tipping the snap count. It is the trigger. There had to be a trigger. If you blame the trigger for the count being jumped you are ignorant to the fact there is a count.
Again if it were a verbal count; set, hit, hut
and almost every play was called on 1 and the defense figures it out the head bob argument says it was tipped brvagwe he said set instead of a diffetent word. Think a little.

We have been through this many times.

If you think the article is correct then please explain how you think a silent snap count works.
I don't think there's any question the head Bob was a problem. Whether you want to attribute it to Stork or the predictable snap count (meaning Guge is to blame) that's something else but they clearly teed off on Stork based on pre snap tendencies

I don't think there's any question the head Bob was a problem. Whether you want to attribute it to Stork or the predictable snap count (meaning Guge is to blame) that's something else but they clearly teed off on Stork based on pre snap tendencies
No they didn’t.
They tees off on the snap count after the trigger.
Stork is required to lift his head to tell his own team the silent count starts. He can’t not lift his head.
Are you seriously telling me that you think the OL coach is responsible for calling the snap count? If you are going to say things like that let’s just forget about football and talk about movies or something because that is an insane misunderstanding of coaching responsibilities.

No they didn’t.
They tees off on the snap count after the trigger.
Stork is required to lift his head to tell his own team the silent count starts. He can’t not lift his head.
Are you seriously telling me that you think the OL coach is responsible for calling the snap count? If you are going to say things like that let’s just forget about football and talk about movies or something because that is an insane misunderstanding of coaching responsibilities.
Yes a positional coach is kinda responsible for determining why Von Miller is starting his pass rush milliseconds before the center snaps the ball. If you're refusing to see why Von was beating Cannon like a drum one year and the next year Cannon becomes his daddy (hint: it's coaching) then perhaps it's you who needs to take a step back from discussing football

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes