PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Draft - Trades - Free Agents

The Warriors have lost another piece of their dynastic infrastructure ... waiving the mid-range maestro Shaun Livingston
D_I1HsSX4AE0aeT.jpg:small

pic.twitter.com/TdfwE6104T
12:34 PM - 10 Jul 2019

Theis is awful and gets paid $5 mill per year with his new deal.
Gives Hayward someone to talk to?

Heyward can also text "little" Terry down in Charlotte. :D

Theis is awful and gets paid $5 mill per year with his new deal.
Gives Hayward someone to talk to?
We nicknamed him the Lone Ranger in my house.
He always enters the game like he is in there to fight outlaws.

Last edited:
Agree with some of what you said borg but most times with some of these NBA Big men you just never know. They could groom Taco to be a rim protector but Stretch Fives now neutralize those type of players. That said he's never going to be an offensive powerhouse but if he can get up and down the field and work on his lateral quickness or reaction to the ball we might have something.

Other than "Geno time" I can't imagine much real use for Tacko. Maybe disrupting an inbound pass in the final seconds of a close game?

I understand that there are roster limits to consider, but I wouldn't be surprised if, in a different quantum reality, Bill were able to squeeze somebody with Tacko's unique toolbox into the building. Danny & Brad should figure out a way too.

Other than "Geno time" I can't imagine much real use for Tacko. Maybe disrupting an inbound pass in the final seconds of a close game?
He's a good 2-3 years away ... but I think worth the effort.

Other than Siakam ... that bottom half of 2016 draft was uneventful. But still ... Yabu was selected to be a 3pt shooting big. He runs like a girl... cannot shoot ... cannot jump ... his brain runs to slow for the game in front of him. But $8 million for a suck-ass player ... what a country.
I missed a few ... heres' a better list.
To be fair Ainge was looking for stash players but anyways:
Yabusele failure highlights misses of '16 draft
No. 21: Caris LeVert, SG, Brooklyn Nets
No. 27: Pascal Siakam, PF, Toronto Raptors
No. 29: Dejounte Murray, PG/SG, San Antonio Spurs
No. 32: Ivica Zubac, C, Los Angeles Lakers
No. 36: Malcolm Brogdon, PG/SG, Milwaukee Bucks
Undrafted: Fred VanVleet, PG, Toronto Raptors

I’ll blow a gasket if Ainge doesn’t sign Tacko. There’s never been a player like him before, largest wing span ever measured at the combine.

He isn’t Hasheem Thabbeet, he wants it sooo soo badly. He’s already worked with Hakeem and it shows. He’s also eating 6k calories a day to keep from turning rail thin. Ainge HAS to at least give him a two way. Bet Toronto pounces on him if we don’t.

He's a good 2-3 years away ... but I think worth the effort.

But what's his ceiling? Don't see him as anything more that an "end of the bench" player who can be used in limited situations. NBA is all about switching and match-up hunting. On defense, maybe Tacko can "out tall" an NBA big effectively someday but switch him to an NBA level wing or ball handler and he's going to get killed.

I’ll blow a gasket if Ainge doesn’t sign Tacko. There’s never been a player like him before, largest wing span ever measured at the combine.

He isn’t Hasheem Thabbeet, he wants it sooo soo badly. He’s already worked with Hakeem and it shows. He’s also eating 6k calories a day to keep from turning rail thin. Ainge HAS to at least give him a two way. Bet Toronto pounces on him if we don’t.

If Tacko isn't signed to a 2 way or to the 15 man roster many people on this board will be depressed- including myself. It's not because hes this once a generation talent and Danny blew it but because this whole situation surrounding him is pure fun.

After last year, Celtics fans need fun.

But what's his ceiling? Don't see him as anything more that an "end of the bench" player who can be used in limited situations. NBA is all about switching and match-up hunting. On defense, maybe Tacko can "out tall" an NBA big effectively someday but switch him to an NBA level wing or ball handler and he's going to get killed.
I think his ceiling is 2nd unit big man - 12-15 minutes a game.
Not sure he'll ever be able to handle starting/mobile 5's.
But hell I would be overjoyed to be wrong and he's got more than that in him.

If Tacko isn't signed to a 2 way or to the 15 man roster many people on this board will be depressed- including myself. It's not because hes this once a generation talent and Danny blew it but because this whole situation surrounding him is pure fun.

After last year, Celtics fans need fun.
2 way is the way to go but Ainge already used those unless he moves waters to the 15.
I don't think Tacko on the 15 is what's best for him - regular Red Claws center is better.
Poirier needs the minutes behind Kanter more than Tacko right now.

I think his ceiling is 2nd unit big man - 12-15 minutes a game.
Not sure he'll ever be able to handle starting/mobile 5's.
But hell I would be overjoyed to be wrong and he's got more than that in him.

If he stays with the Celtics, I hope he turns into a taller version of Olajuwan but I'm not banking on it.

If he stays with the Celtics, I hope he turns into a taller version of Olajuwan but I'm not banking on it.

Well I can tell you right now he will not turn into a taller Olajuwan.

NBA is all about switching and match-up hunting.

The NBA is about winning. Because a bunch of pencil pushing geeks posited a theory about the 3 point shot, and perhaps the greatest deep shooting backcourt in NBA history was able to implement that theory with championship results, the league has temporarily changed away from playing actual basketball and gone more towards a really crappy version of horse combined with 2-on-2 halfcourt. But, the league will likely eventually find that you don't win by abandoning the middle and post, and shooting from outside all game, unless you've got all-time type shooters.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back