PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Draft - Trades - Free Agents

And once again, those of us who knew that YabbaDabbaDoo was a Horrible pick @ 16 the Instant it happened were proven correct - again; and that Danny was proven Wrong - again.
Danny loves his tweener sized strongmen who only belong on bottom tier NBA teams with free roster spaces to fill
Big Baby
Crowder
Yabusele
Semi
And .....Williams ?????

Danny loves his tweener sized strongmen who only belong on bottom tier NBA teams with free roster spaces to fill
Big Baby
Crowder
Yabusele
Semi
And .....Williams ?????

Williams looks pretty damn good, actually. I thought he was a STEAL at 22.

Carsen Edwards looking like an even bigger steal at 33.

Big Baby
Crowder
Yabusele
Semi
And .....Williams ?????
He LOVES them

Sullinger
Gomes
Powe
Brandon Bass
Theis

Westbrook’s shooting, particularly from beyond the arc, has eroded. However, George averaged 28 PPG and was All-NBA first team with Westbrook last year. Butler is also talented and they both have excellent work ethics. Long term, the move makes me nervous because I have questions over how effective Westbrook can be once his speed begins to erode as well. But you hold the 2019-2020 East in higher regard than I do. Milwaukee is the class of the conference and Philly is certainly talented, but both have their fair share of issues as well. If Durant is able to even play, I think it will take a year before the Nets are contending.

I don't hold the East in high regard, at all. I'm just not buying your Heat Kool Aid anymore than I'm buying into Viper's Celtics Kool Aid.

Big Baby
Crowder
Yabusele
Semi
And .....Williams ?????

Damn, you really underrate some guys...

Dancing Bear...I agree...nothing in two seasons.

Big Baby? He gave us solid minutes off the bench along with Nate Robinson a few years back. Never was starter material, but played some good ball.

Crowder? Loved him when he was here....played well in Utah and will probably contribute in Memphis as long as the new rookie Morant picks up things quick.

Ojeleye fills a need for us as he is one of our few defenders that can defend small/big players and hit a stretch 3 now and then.

My Taco hot take:

I’m rooting for the guy but let’s be realistic.
The man can’t jump
The man can’t shoot
And sitting him on the last seat of a NBA bench will do nothing to expedite his development.

If I was in control of his rights and truly believed in his potential, I would concentrate on rebuilding his body and installing basic basketball skills before ever worrying about his on court game.

As athletic as he looks running up and down the floor, the man does not jump more than a few inches and shows no battle to win rebounds. He has never had to.

Most NBA players have ridiculous verticals that offset much of Taco’s natural advantage.
Most NBA players battle hard for rebounds. This guy waits for a ball to be near his motionless body.
Taco needs to be reprogrammed, physically and mentally.
I’ve seen enough athleticism in this guy to believe he can take quantum leaps if given the time and attention.

Someone buy him a membership at TB12.

I would put him in the G league part time but devote most of his time to physical training and repetitive motions. Then I would send him to Europe and let him play hard minutes and bang with the big boys to develop some toughness and fight.

Physical and mental retooling

Being the 15th man on a NBA roster is useless. Yabu’s giant ass agrees

Yabu's problem hasn't been being the 15th man on an NBA roster. Yabu's problem has been his inability to use his giant ass as more of an advantage.

Damn, you really underrate some guys...

Dancing Bear...I agree...nothing in two seasons.

Big Baby? He gave us solid minutes off the bench along with Nate Robinson a few years back. Never was starter material, but played some good ball.

Crowder? Loved him when he was here....played well in Utah and will probably contribute in Memphis as long as the new rookie Morant picks up things quick.

Ojeleye fills a need for us as he is one of our few defenders that can defend small/big players and hit a stretch 3 now and then.
Ojeleye sucks...Period....he's next of Danny's slew of lousy draft picks to go, unmissed.

Last edited:
I don't hold the East in high regard, at all. I'm just not buying your Heat Kool Aid anymore than I'm buying into Viper's Celtics Kool Aid.
My Heat Kool Aid is, and has been, based on the fact that the East generally sucks. Not because they will have a stacked roster. As a matter of fact, I’ve poo-pooed the hypothetical trade if it means surrendering both Herro and Waiters.

Semi-Talent sucks almost as badly as YabbaDabbaDoo does;

I have to disagree there Coach cap...YabbaDabbaDoo:rolleyes: was the 16th overall selection haven't show jack **** for where he was selected. At least Semi Ojeleye can occasionally make a shot and play some D. I would like to see if there are anymore improvements going forward for him I like his size and toughness.

And once again, those of us who knew that YabbaDabbaDoo was a Horrible pick @ 16 the Instant it happened were proven correct - again; and that Danny was proven Wrong - again.

Now explain to us again about how Bill has been wrong with every one of HIS draft picks.

My Heat Kool Aid is, and has been, based on the fact that the East generally sucks. Not because they will have a stacked roster. As a matter of fact, I’ve poo-pooed the hypothetical trade if it means surrendering both Herro and Waiters.

But you still have it putting the Heat above the 76ers, when they would obviously not be there. That's just being the Miami version of Viper.

My Taco hot take:

I’m rooting for the guy but let’s be realistic.
The man can’t jump
The man can’t shoot
And sitting him on the last seat of a NBA bench will do nothing to expedite his development.

If I was in control of his rights and truly believed in his potential, I would concentrate on rebuilding his body and installing basic basketball skills before ever worrying about his on court game.

As athletic as he looks running up and down the floor, the man does not jump more than a few inches and shows no battle to win rebounds. He has never had to.

Most NBA players have ridiculous verticals that offset much of Taco’s natural advantage.
Most NBA players battle hard for rebounds. This guy waits for a ball to be near his motionless body.
Taco needs to be reprogrammed, physically and mentally.
I’ve seen enough athleticism in this guy to believe he can take quantum leaps if given the time and attention.

Someone buy him a membership at TB12.

I would put him in the G league part time but devote most of his time to physical training and repetitive motions. Then I would send him to Europe and let him play hard minutes and bang with the big boys to develop some toughness and fight.

Physical and mental retooling

Being the 15th man on a NBA roster is useless. Yabu’s giant ass agrees

Agree with some of what you said borg but most times with some of these NBA Big men you just never know. They could groom Taco to be a rim protector but Stretch Fives now neutralize those type of players. That said he's never going to be an offensive powerhouse but if he can get up and down the field and work on his lateral quickness or reaction to the ball we might have something.

Ojeleye sucks...Period....he's next of Danny's slew of lousy draft picks to go, unmissed.
I don't lose sleep on 2nd round picks that don't pan out ... spec picks to save cap space ... no big deal.

Other than Siakam ... that bottom half of 2016 draft was uneventful. But still ... Yabu was selected to be a 3pt shooting big. He runs like a girl... cannot shoot ... cannot jump ... his brain runs to slow for the game in front of him. But $8 million for a suck-ass player ... what a country.

Agree with some of what you said borg but most times with some of these NBA Big men you just never know. They could groom Taco to be a rim protector but Stretch Fives now neutralize those type of players. That said he's never going to be an offensive powerhouse but if he can get up and down the field and work on his lateral quickness or reaction to the ball we might have something.

In the new age NBA having a player with a standing reach of 10ft 2.5in to defend stretch 5s isn't a bad thing either

One thing I disliked so far this off-season with the Celtics is the Daniel Theis signing. I don't know what he does well and its seems like he's always injured. That said I Love the Kanter signing.

Other than Siakam ... that bottom half of 2016 draft was uneventful. But still ... Yabu was selected to be a 3pt shooting big. He runs like a girl... cannot shoot ... cannot jump ... his brain runs to slow for the game in front of him. But $8 million for a suck-ass player ... what a country.

Lets hope Yabu have some of that $8 Mill stashed away.

But you still have it putting the Heat above the 76ers, when they would obviously not be there. That's just being the Miami version of Viper.
Maybe. I think you’re overrating Philly a bit. We’ll see. Anyway, reports are that OKC wants Bam and Herro to be a part of the package and Miami doesn’t want that. They want OKC to take on the bad contracts they’ve given out to guys like Dragic over the last few years. So it probably won’t happen.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back