PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Draft - Trades - Free Agents

I really hate this play by play and commentary format.

Draper making noises and flapping his gums.

Scal crapping on everything.

Side Mouth adding zero value.

It's like the Celtics version of the Bob's Discount Furniture morons
They were all annoying tonight ... side mouth is more useless than Yabu.
Not sure how Gorman tolerates these morons.
One thing I like about Drapper is that he pisses off Scal.

Now you’re thinking about the C’s. As an exercise, let’s say Miami keeps Waiters in the hypothetical trade. Where are you slotting them in the 2019-2020 season? I’m assuming you’d have them making the playoffs in the lEast. As what seed? And who are you taking over them besides Philly?

Let me start by telling you something that's very obvious, but you seem to be ignoring with regards to its impact on the Heat:

Westbrook is a ball dominant player who can't shoot, but keeps trying to. He's like Marcus Smart that way, but playing more minutes.

Now, to your question*:

Philly and Milwaukee are the clear class of the conference right now.

Boston, Indiana and Brooklyn are likely second tier teams, with some other team (Orlando? Detroit? Miami?) possibly joining them at that level.

Toronto lost more than just Leonard, and I currently have them as no better than a 3rd tier team. They join the other unnamed teams as likely either being 3rd tier teams or being cellar dwellers.

Miami, with Westbrook, is a tier 2 or tier 3 team.

* Note: Because it's far too soon to be remotely fair as far as rookies go, I'm not including any of them in current analysis.

How the hell did Scalabrine crowbar his way into the Boston basketball scene in any way, shape, or form after his playing “career” was over?
He never, Ever, should've even worn the Green in the first place...just a horrible, horrible contract from the microsecond it was signed...Danny's first (but obviously and certainly Not his last) bad move as GM here...can't stand the sight of him, never mind the sound of him.

How the hell did Scalabrine crowbar his way into the Boston basketball scene in any way, shape, or form after his playing “career” was over?

While we are at it....how the hell did Michael Rapaport weasel his way onto a, "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" reunion show?*

(*Yes, I saw it happen...)

This looks like it's going to be a fun team:
Walker/Edwards/Wannamaker
Brown/Smart/Waters
Tatum/Hayward/Langford
G. Williams/Theis/Ojele
Kanter/R. Williams/Fall

If Langford play up to his potential coming out of HS, this may be Ainge's best draft ever.

Let me start by telling you something that's very obvious, but you seem to be ignoring with regards to its impact on the Heat:

Westbrook is a ball dominant player who can't shoot, but keeps trying to. He's like Marcus Smart that way, but playing more minutes.

Now, to your question*:

Philly and Milwaukee are the clear class of the conference right now.

Boston, Indiana and Brooklyn are likely second tier teams, with some other team (Orlando? Detroit? Miami?) possibly joining them at that level.

Toronto lost more than just Leonard, and I currently have them as no better than a 3rd tier team. They join the other unnamed teams as likely either being 3rd tier teams or being cellar dwellers.

Miami, with Westbrook, is a tier 2 or tier 3 team.

* Note: Because it's far too soon to be remotely fair as far as rookies go, I'm not including any of them in current analysis.
Westbrook’s shooting, particularly from beyond the arc, has eroded. However, George averaged 28 PPG and was All-NBA first team with Westbrook last year. Butler is also talented and they both have excellent work ethics. Long term, the move makes me nervous because I have questions over how effective Westbrook can be once his speed begins to erode as well. But you hold the 2019-2020 East in higher regard than I do. Milwaukee is the class of the conference and Philly is certainly talented, but both have their fair share of issues as well. If Durant is able to even play, I think it will take a year before the Nets are contending.

Might be wearing some homer glasses, but I think Westbrook in Miami, depending on what they would have to give up to get him, would make the East as such...

1. Milwaukee
2. Miami
3. Philly

You are saying the Heat would have a more Talented Roster than the Celtics with the overrated Butler and Westbrook?? I would love for them to get him with that remaining contract plus his age. Westbrook is worse than Kyrie what a cancer to any Team. And I am glad the talk of him going to Houston have ended Harden > Westbrook with Ball in his hand.

Brown/Smart/Waters
Tatum/Hayward/Langford
G. Williams/Theis/Ojele
Kanter/R. Williams/Fall

If Langford play up to his potential coming out of HS, this may be Ainge's best draft ever.

Kawhi Leonard's decision have leveled the NBA playing Field across the Board. That said the Celtic have some fine wing players and Great Bench dept. Question what's Langford's current injury??

Brown/Smart/Waters
Tatum/Hayward/Langford
G. Williams/Theis/Ojele
Kanter/R. Williams/Fall

The Celtics stole Carson Edwards you can see it his range and basketball intelligence is just phenomenal. The only knock on him is his height the kid can flat out shoot. If Gordon Heyward gets back t0 75% of what he was plus more improvements from the youngsters. With Kemba we should be able to compete with just about any Team on any night.

Kawhi Leonard's decision have leveled the NBA playing Field across the Board. That said the Celtic have some fine wing players and Great Bench dept. Question what's Langford's current injury??
He tore a ligament in his right thumb and had surgery in April. They are just being super-duper cautious with him and hope he is ready to go full-tilt in September

My Taco hot take:

I’m rooting for the guy but let’s be realistic.
The man can’t jump
The man can’t shoot
And sitting him on the last seat of a NBA bench will do nothing to expedite his development.

If I was in control of his rights and truly believed in his potential, I would concentrate on rebuilding his body and installing basic basketball skills before ever worrying about his on court game.

As athletic as he looks running up and down the floor, the man does not jump more than a few inches and shows no battle to win rebounds. He has never had to.

Most NBA players have ridiculous verticals that offset much of Taco’s natural advantage.
Most NBA players battle hard for rebounds. This guy waits for a ball to be near his motionless body.
Taco needs to be reprogrammed, physically and mentally.
I’ve seen enough athleticism in this guy to believe he can take quantum leaps if given the time and attention.

Someone buy him a membership at TB12.

I would put him in the G league part time but devote most of his time to physical training and repetitive motions. Then I would send him to Europe and let him play hard minutes and bang with the big boys to develop some toughness and fight.

Physical and mental retooling

Being the 15th man on a NBA roster is useless. Yabu’s giant ass agrees

You are saying the Heat would have a more Talented Roster than the Celtics with the overrated Butler and Westbrook?? I would love for them to get him with that remaining contract plus his age. Westbrook is worse than Kyrie what a cancer to any Team. And I am glad the talk of him going to Houston have ended Harden > Westbrook with Ball in his hand.

There are a lot of bad things that you can say about Westbrook but when has he ever been a bad teammate/cancer?

My Taco hot take:

I’m rooting for the guy but let’s be realistic.
The man can’t jump
The man can’t shoot
And sitting him on the last seat of a NBA bench will do nothing to expedite his development.

If I was in control of his rights and truly believed in his potential, I would concentrate on rebuilding his body and installing basic basketball skills before ever worrying about his on court game.

As athletic as he looks running up and down the floor, the man does not jump more than a few inches and shows no battle to win rebounds. He has never had to.

Most NBA players have ridiculous verticals that offset much of Taco’s natural advantage.
Most NBA players battle hard for rebounds. This guy waits for a ball to be near his motionless body.
Taco needs to be reprogrammed, physically and mentally.
I’ve seen enough athleticism in this guy to believe he can take quantum leaps if given the time and attention.

Someone buy him a membership at TB12.

I would put him in the G league part time but devote most of his time to physical training and repetitive motions. Then I would send him to Europe and let him play hard minutes and bang with the big boys to develop some toughness and fight.

Physical and mental retooling

Being the 15th man on a NBA roster is useless. Yabu’s giant ass agrees
I don't think the future of Tacko is worth discussing at this point. However I will anyway :p

Danny signed him to an Exhibit 10 contract, which gives him the flexibility to sign him to a two-way contract prior to the start of the season if they have a spot available. That would result in most of his time in Maine while affording Boston a chance to call him up to the NBA for up to 45 days without it costing them a roster spot. Danny already signed Strus to a two-way contract so hes got one more two-way spot to burn and might go to Waters, whos seems like he might be PG3 material.

So he'll get more playing time in ME but spending the year on an NBA roster I don't think will kill his career. He'll still work out, get great coaching and practice against NBAers.

Brown/Smart/Waters
Tatum/Hayward/Langford
G. Williams/Theis/Ojele
Kanter/R. Williams/Fall

Semi-Talent sucks almost as badly as YabbaDabbaDoo does; I would've taken stretch-5 with size, draft-&-stash candidate Isaiah Hartenstein @ 37.

And a better draft this year would've been:
F Sekou Doumbouya @ 14
Romeo (or better still SF Naz Little) @ 22
(G Ty Jerome @ 24)
Grant Williams (or C Bruno Fernando) @ 33
Edwards (or Waters) @ 51.

Last edited:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes