PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

National Championship GDT: Bama/OSU

Looking at surtain he could fall all the way to the cowboys who need secondary help.

In college there is Saban and then everyone else

I was told coaches are overrated...

Mac Jones looks great
I’m a little terrified that he is such a big Tebow fan
Both from Jacksonville area. Jones went to Bolles, Tebow to Nease and Trinity Christian

Leatherwood needs to pass the GD trophy. What an *******

Waddle is a 600 yard receiver and has declining catches and yards for 3 straight years. He's not worth a first rounder. That is except for maybe the idiot opinions from the John Carroll braintrust of McDaniels and Ziegler who likely backed the total bust pick of NKeal Harry.

I mean, are you only looking at his raw stats without looking at the context like games played or whatever? Waddle was a 557 yard receiver this year - in 4 games. In the 4 games in which Waddle got his 557 yards and 4 TDs, DeVonta Smith got 483 yards and 4 TDs.

I mean, are you only looking at his raw stats without looking at the context like games played or whatever? Waddle was a 557 yard receiver this year - in 4 games. In the 4 games in which Waddle got his 557 yards and 4 TDs, DeVonta Smith got 483 yards and 4 TDs.

I'm looking at the context of 3 whole years where the guy is a 600 yards per year receiver. I guess it depends on if you're saying he's a 1st round pick or not. Our idiot John Carroll staff probably thinks he's a first round pick just like NKeal Harry. No, this kid hasn't produced enough to waste our first round pick on another offensive bust.

I'm looking at the context of 3 whole years where the guy is a 600 a yard receiver.
The context of 3 years is, he got 850 yards as a freshman and 550 yards in 4 games before he broke his ankle in his junior season. That's hardly a 600 yard receiver over 3 whole years.

The context of 3 years is, he got 850 yards as a freshman and 550 yards in 4 games before he broke his ankle in his junior season. That's hardly a 600 yard receiver over 3 whole years.

Oh so he's injury prone multiple years? Should be an awesome fit next to our existing bust injury prone WR.

Waddle's stats. This is NOT a first round pick. The direction of the table is down, meaning yes his production is declining annually.

RECYDSAVGTDLNG

Last edited:
Oh so he's injury prone multiple years? Should be an awesome fit next to our existing bust injury prone WR.

He's had one injury this year. Way to go in terms of reading injury prone over multiple years into it.

@BaconGrundleCandy Barmore has been disruptive.
He's been vg both playoff games. Playing with great leverage. Still not a ton of moves as a rusher but I love his effort and tenacity. Motor never stops, he wanted to make a statement tonight. I'm not in love with him though. Granted I'm not doing defense yet but I'm not sure I see a top 40-45 player. I'm thinking Nixon, Shelvin, Onwuzrike and Tufele will be in the mix for my top 3-4 IDL. He's been disruptive though.

You think he worth a 2nd?

He's had one injury this year. Way to go in terms of reading injury prone over multiple years into it.

We're going in circles. You can't refute his actual lack of production. Waddle is grossly overrated.

We're going in circles. You can't refute his actual lack of production. Waddle is grossly overrated.
Make your case as to why Waddle is not worthy of a 1st round pick based on his on-field performance, technique, ability, etc.

Doesn't seem good-faith to keep arguing he's not a 1st round player based on some stats/production in a vacuum that another poster clarified/contextualized for you in light of his injury.

Production is one variable but there are plenty of others. Not all productive collegiate players make good pros, and vice versa, not all unproductive collegiate players make bad pros. There are a lot of factors to weigh and consider.

The question I would ask you is:

Waddle's production clearly concerns you and leads you to believe he will not be a good player in the NFL. What about his technique/ability causes his production to suffer in your opinion? What about his technique/ability is holding him back from producing at a higher level? Genuine questions.

Make your case as to why Waddle is not worthy of a 1st round pick based on his on-field performance, technique, ability, etc.

Doesn't seem good-faith to keep arguing he's not a 1st round player based on some stats/production in a vacuum that another poster clarified/contextualized for you in light of his injury.

Production is one variable but there are plenty of others. Not all productive collegiate players make good pros, and vice versa, not all unproductive collegiate players make bad pros. There are a lot of factors to weigh and consider.

The question I would ask you is:

Waddle's production clearly concerns you and leads you to believe he will not be a good player in the NFL. What about his technique/ability causes his production to suffer in your opinion? What about his technique/ability is holding him back from producing at a higher level? Genuine questions.

Let's break down the excuses. If injuries then is he injury prone? The year before he still only put up 550 yards. Excuse is what, he was second fiddle to someone else, meaning not even the best WR on his team. To invert the question, with so many other good players out there, why burn a 1st round pick on a guy with multiple question marks. Especially with a Patriots staff where I have zero confidence they can evaluate offensive talent with the John Carroll idiots in the building giving guys like NKeal Harry or Tim Tebow 1st round grades.

Alabama...again...no game...Devonta is incredible...

Don't forget that Waddle is also an electrifying kick returner with multiple touchdowns. Not saying he's a first round pick, just saying he's more than a receiver.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back