PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Analysis : Drew Brees' Last 48 games - 33 played in a Dome

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not arguing it now. I'm pointing out Brady's bona fides as a way of basically saying "So what if people here pick Brady? He's arguably the GOAT and you're on a Patriots board.".

But, please, stop with the "He had better teams" stuff. Both guys have been on highly talented teams, and both guys have been on teams with less talent. Brady's done better with both, although Brees has been excellent when surrounded with weapons.

You should defend Brees. He's been the #3 or #4 QB for much of his later career. But there's no need for you to get defensive every time someone here slights Brees in favor of Brady. That's not exactly saying JaMarcus Russell > Brees, after all.

SD was highly talented? lol. I don't believe in defending Brees he can take care of himself. These threads are not about a comparison. There is none.
ITs just a reason for people to voice their negative opinion on him, and thats fine, and its also fine that I point that out. Its stroking the chicken :)

No, not really, but Im not getting into a Brees vs Brady comparison either, just makes no sense. When Brees gets 4 rings we will talk about this, and thats never going to happen especially that goodell killed this season for him.

Last edited:
SD was highly talented? lol. I don't believe in defending Brees he can take care of himself. These threads are not about a comparison. There is none.
ITs just a reason for people to voice their negative opinion on him, and thats fine, and its also fine that I point that out. Its stroking the chicken :)

No, not really, but Im not getting into a Brees vs Brady comparison either, just makes no sense. When Brees gets 4 rings we will talk about this, and thats never going to happen especially that goodell killed this season for him.

Stroking the chicken? Pherein lies the problem. ;)

Plenty of QBs lose seasons or have the Commish diminish their team's chances. Brees won't be getting any sympathy from this Pats fan.

I agree that Goody screwed the Saints (welcome to the club) but that doesn't make Brees any less of a record chaser. He reminds me a lot of Brint Favre in that regard.

When Brees gets his second ring then we can start talking about his fourth.

So I looked back at Brady's game logs and, somewhat ironically, he'd have this record but for 2 games. The first is the game from 2009 against Houston where Fred Taylor had TD runs of 4 and 11 yards and Brady had no TD's. Brady missed a few drives in that game and Welker was injured. The other is the 2009 game against New Orleans where Maroney had 2 TDs one from the 2 yard line and one from the 4. It's basically a situation where if Brady had audibled to a pass and completed it in those 2 games and Brees had audibled to a run in any of the games where he had one short TD pass (Tampa in 2010, the Rams last year, etc) he doesn't get the record. It's impressive, no doubt, but almost a fluke for the first 25-30 games until you actively start trying to get the record. Like Brees last year was actively trying to continue that streak vs St Louis, no other reason to be in the game throwing for a TD pass with no chance to win and 8 seconds left. Brady on the other hand would have only been at his 6th straight game with a TD pass vs NO, not even part of the thought process. Not surprisingly the Saints were dead last in rushing attempts last season. Again not downplaying the record it is still an impressive thing to do but it's really something that until you get to the point where you're actively going for it, it's just a coincidence of the play calls. Now if Brees doesn't throw a TD next game will Brady start actively trying to break it? Maybe, but I think winning games is more important to Brady/Belichick (not that it isnt important to the Saints, of course) and I don't think that will stop Brady from changing to a run if it's what the defense is giving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back