PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mularkey out in Tenn; Titans aiming for McDaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
would love for McDaniels to take Titans over Colts

I hate the Colts 2nd only to the Jets... i would hate for McDaniel's to go there and resurrect that franchise from the basement, because the basement is where they belong

Yea, it may have been Grigson that was one of the main driving forces behind Deflategate, but the entire organization participated in it and piled on... Luck even got his low blows in on Brady after the fact, even tho they were very mild..

F that entire organization and especially their fanbase... Maybe the Colts would never win their division again! A man can dream

Lombardi's reporting on TEN seems to support both theories:

1) Front office was done with (the) Mularkey and wanted to get rid of him but owner resisted:

2) Owner decided to dump him when he wouldn't get rid of his OC:

It could be the front office wanted him gone for quite a while and his refusal to fire the OC was the owner's tipping point.

Lombardi's reporting on TEN seems to support both theories:

1) Front office was done with (the) Mularkey and wanted to get rid of him but owner resisted:

2) Owner decided to dump him when he wouldn't get rid of his OC:

It could be the front office wanted him gone for quite a while and his refusal to fire the OC was the owner's tipping point.

He'd rather go down with his men than keep his job? Damn. That's some loyalty right there.

The article I read didn't say that, but thanks for the heads up, Chris.
Isn't that a Rooney rule violation? First Noisegate now Rooney rule. That's repeat cheats. The league HAS to come down hard on them (but I'll still complain it wasn't nearly enough even if they do).

Isn't that a Rooney rule violation? First Noisegate now Rooney rule. That's repeat cheats. The league HAS to come down hard on them (but I'll still complain it wasn't nearly enough even if they do).
The rule was changed in the off season.

I don't really think playing for an erratic drug addict owner is Josh's preference. Luck is a good QB who has never taken the next step, and may never be healthy enough to do so again.

Josh wanted to build a program in Denver. It wasn't just about the coaching on the field, but implementing the whole system, marrying the FO with the coaches. He never got that far, but would have that opportunity in Tennessee with former Patriots Director of College Scouting Jon Robinson, who spent over a decade with the team.

Regardless of what you think of Mariota, Robinson gives him the better chance to implement a Patriots-like program.

I don't really think playing for an erratic drug addict owner is Josh's preference. Luck is a good QB who has never taken the next step, and may never be healthy enough to do so again.

Josh wanted to build a program in Denver. It wasn't just about the coaching on the field, but implementing the whole system, marrying the FO with the coaches. He never got that far, but would have that opportunity in Tennessee with former Patriots Director of College Scouting Jon Robinson, who spent over a decade with the team.

Regardless of what you think of Mariota, Robinson gives him the better chance to implement a Patriots-like program.
I agree completely but it's being reported McDaniels and Ballard have a special bond and the deal is done.
We can't play match maker for him because Josh made his decison and my guess is Since they have the same agent that Ballard was wooing him directly or indirectly.

The title of this thread could be construed as Mularkey threatening McDaniels' life for hanging 35 points on Tennessee and getting him fired.

I agree completely but it's being reported McDaniels and Ballard have a special bond and the deal is done.
We can't play match maker for him because Josh made his decison and my guess is Since they have the same agent that Ballard was wooing him directly or indirectly.

Love is a strange thing I guess...

Rooney rule changed? Didn't hear that.
I thought you were talking about the rule that stated a team couldn't publicly announce that they had anything in place (or something like that) with a coach who was still coaching before or after a particular time period. I'm sorry to be so vague. But I know there was some rule like that and it was changed in the off season. I just don't know the exact wording of the rule itself. My B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News