PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mostly good Pats-worship from the Steelers board

The game is in Pittsburgh, no? I wouldn't say zero chance. I'd say 60/40 Pats win.
I'll give the Steelers a generous 30% chance in Pittsburgh. There is no "quality" opponent I have been less scared of over the past decade plus than the Steelers.

We've had so many layups against them when they were supposed to present a challenge.

I'll give the Steelers a generous 30% chance in Pittsburgh. There is no "quality" opponent I have been less scared of over the past decade plus than the Steelers.

Their offense could be explosive at times but after brown who do they have at wr? Yes I know that schuster has played well but he's still a rookie. Shutting down bell's a big key as well. I think their secondary's still suspect. We saw what stafford did although he couldn't get his team in the endzone.

That matchup with them is lookin like a pretty big showdown right now, definitely the matchup of the regular season if things continue. Brady owns them but that could also mean they are due for a win on him like in 11 and 04, that's just how NFL works it's amazing enough what his win% is against that team even if they pull one more off on him anytime before he hangs it up.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is utter domination. Be fortunate that we, fans on this board, are on the right side of this unprecedented domination, and enjoy it while it lasts.

Steelers are Brady's *****es. Never matters how good they look, he always demolishes them.
Pittsburgh dominated Pats/Brady in 2011 at Pittsburgh. Folks cited Pittsburgh laying off the blitz and their ability to generate pass rush W 3 or 4 that game. Supposedly this year Pittsburgh can do the same... Should be a good game but without HT, Edelman and likely Hogan it'll be a tall order. Unless, of course, they get some mitigating injury or Pats get Mitchell back 100% by then...

Steelers have one of the most passionate and dedicated fans in football, not surprising they're speaking the truth.

If we meet them in the payoffs, Fog Machine 2.0 gets rolled out. Fog Machine 1.0 in 1996 was nothing in comparison.

Why wouldn't they worship the Pats? Pats own them and they know it.

They have a 0% chance of beating NE this season.

This is a different Pats offense with all the injuries. They have been garbage in the red zone this year. They no longer have the talent to make up for Josh McDaniels poor play calling. And we are halfway through the season. It's not a small sample size.

If we meet them in the payoffs, Fog Machine 2.0 gets rolled out. Fog Machine 1.0 in 1996 was nothing in comparison.
No Curtis Martin and Terry Glenn this time. Both better players than anybody currently on the Pats not named Brady or Gronk. Game breakers.

No Curtis Martin and Terry Glenn this time. Both better players than anybody currently on the Pats not named Brady or Gronk. Game breakers.

You're underrating Brandin Cooks. He is at least as good as Terry Glenn and this is coming from a huge Terry Glenn

Cooks just turned 24 and is already on pace for a 3rd consecutive 1100 yard season

You're underrating Brandin Cooks. He is at least as good as Terry Glenn and this is coming from a huge Terry Glenn

Cooks just turned 24 and is already on pace for a 3rd consecutive 1100 yard season

Maybe, but when Glenn was healthy (which was not often) he completely changed the offense. I would say Gronk would be a better comp than Cooks even though they play different positions as far as what he meant to the offense. Cooks is only on pace to catch 66 passes this year. His YPC is impressive, but he is a bit of an afterthought right now for me given the number of touches he is getting.

This would probably be the best set of circumstances for Pittsburgh to play the Pats. At home and the last Pats road game of a 5 road games in 6 week stretch. Meanwhile Pittsburgh will be on there 4th home game in a 5 week stretch.
Yes, they have as good of a chance as they’ve had in a long time, partially due to the reasons that you mentioned.

Also, anyone who seriously thinks that they’ll be using the same defensive scheme obviously hasn’t been paying attention. It was a highly discussed topic following their AFCCG loss, and they continued to build on the scheme change through the draft in April. Through the first half of the season their defense has been greatly improved, despite the opinions of some who saw them give up 15 points to the Lions on Sunday. :rolleyes:

If the Pats don’t win the SB, I can stomach anyone but Pittsburgh or Denver, but it looks like Pittsburgh is the legit threat. I hate their superstar culture of individual player worship. Putside of Polamalu, their championship clubs last decade were so unlikeable. Their boasting and conspiracy digging (SHOULD have beaten the cheating Pats X times on a fair playing field) would reach a fever pitch. Unfortunately they are really healthy this season, and this Pats team worries me despite having a 12 game (or something) road winning streak. Every team the Patriots have held off long-term during the dynasty has eventually knocked them out (Indianapolis, Baltimore, Denver). Steelers are the only team left that has been owned by the Patriots for a long time without getting any taste of revenge. It concerns me the Steelers can win with Big Ben playing little, much like the 2015 Broncos. If the Steelers come out of the AFC, I can only hope they draw a team like Seattle.

our offense can hang with their defense, and that's accounting for no squirrel and possibly no Hogie. It's the defense I'm afraid, that won't be able to stop them this time.

This is a different Pats offense with all the injuries. They have been garbage in the red zone this year. They no longer have the talent to make up for Josh McDaniels poor play calling. And we are halfway through the season. It's not a small sample size.
6-2 after losing first game... Points against way down now... Like 23 a game now and dropping.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back