PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Monday 8/12 Patriots Training Camp Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A WR worthy of being a member of the defending SB champions has to fight through the contact and not lose his concentration. He didn't, so maybe he isn't.

"Harris finished 2018 with 90.3% true catch rate, eighth-best in the league."

That's not by luck or lack of fighting through contact. Let's see how he does the rest of the way.

1.) Nowadays a "starting WR" means one of your top 3 guys since we will be playing a lot of 11 personnel this year, IMO.

2.) My current WR rankings (assuming full health and no suspensions):

Edelman (Should be OK week 1)
Gordon (Suspended)
Meyers (Best WR in camp so far)
Harry (2nd best WR in camp so far)

Thomas (Not practicing yet)
Dorsett (Consistently available)
Slater (Not a WR, but a LOCK)
Harris (Dropsies lately...)
Inman (Just started playing and was OK in Detroit)
Berrios (Could be our PR)
Oleszewski (Could be our PR and contribute on ST's)
Meredith (Likely to be PUP'd)
Patterson (Likely to be cut, maybe PS later)
Davis (Likely to be cut, maybe PS later)

*Guys in BOLD are locks for week 1.

3.) In any case, I can probably see Meyers getting significant snaps but maybe not start as he would not be in the slot.
I think given the rhetoric on Harris, a player with NFL experience, has gone from stud to dud, I’d pump the brakes on Meyers being WR2. We’ve seen a lot of young WRs look good early on and fizzle our, many ending up cut.

"Harris finished 2018 with 90.3% true catch rate, eighth-best in the league."

That's not by luck or lack of fighting through contact. Let's see how he does the rest of the way.
It could be by circumstance with that circumstance being the length and catchability of throw. In other words you better catch a High % if they are all screens, dump offs and short passes, but no one catches a high % of intermediate and deep throws.
That number does indicate he wasn’t dropping a lot of passes though regardless of what the throws were.

Tough day for Etling. Nice guy but probably not going to end well for him :(

121452424355263ca2b30d640cd8b350.png

Not for nothing, but I was just thinking. The Pats played a preseason game on Thursday, in which most of the starters didn't play at all and the rest played minimally. THEN they had the next THREE days off before coming back to the field on Monday where they had a vigorous practice. Tomorrow they have a one hour walk through, and they are off to Nashville for their work with the Titans.

Sorry but that doesn't sound like any TC I remember. The next time you hear a player of today say he hates TC, remember this SOFT schedule and compare it the 2 a days of mere decade ago, let alone the hellish TC's of my era. WOW!
There’s a meme for this but I will not post it out of respect and love.

Sounds like Ross was released, not placed on IR.

Yea I guess we all have high hopes for players who didn't shine in other stops but once they put on the Flying Elvis become rock-solid players.

I still think Harris has the potential to be a decent WR4/5 but the problem is he is behind JE, Harry, Meyers and Dorsett. He might even be behind Berrios as he does not return punts.

Berrios ain’t making the team, harry is already far better than him at WR

The other logical choices were the "old man yells at cloud" meme and a "get off my lawn" meme, but the one I picked seemed less worn-out.

Berrios ain’t making the team, harry is already far better than him at WR
Harry or Harris? I’m confused.

Obviously, Harry is light years ahead of Berrios.

Tough day for Etling. Nice guy but probably not going to end well for him :(

121452424355263ca2b30d640cd8b350.png

Mr Dontrelle Iman is making some noise looked really nice last game. Pats WR situation much better regarded.:cool:

Mr Dontrelle Iman is making some noise looked really nice last game. Pats WR situation much better regarded.:cool:

Yeah I see that. I don't know if "better late then never" applies at this point.

Harry or Harris? I’m confused.

Obviously, Harry is light years ahead of Berrios.

Berrios
is battling sup: that's all he can do. Slot guys do well here traditionally. I feel like Fatty Matt Patricia is going to raid our WR and CB Pipeline. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes