2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How would feel if M. Vick joint the PATs

• I have no problem if that happens

Votes: 106 48.4%
  • I would be disappointed but still be a loyal PATs fan

Votes: 98 44.7%
  • I would be very disappointed and may not support the PATs.

Votes: 15 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Scenerio : Say the unlikely happens and Vick is signed as a Patriot....

I agree I'll be glad when its over, but while it lasts its interesting to talk about it since so many here have such different views and opinions ;)

See, I don't find the discussion interesting, though, I find it revolting and sickening. The thought of that thing here in any capacity is enough to make me want to crawl into a hole and die.

I guess we need to always understand that there are those here who think everyone on other teams sucks, especailly pro-bowl quarterbacks, HOF quarterbacks in the case of Favre.

So lets see your points..

Dont give me 3 pro bowls.. The pro bowl is a joke, Brett Farve was voted to the pro bowl.. And he sucked..

Have you seen this rocket arm recently??? No so dont compare that

He is not a QB... Sorry he was and I quote WAS, a rb playing Qb... He did nothing in the passing game except for a few short passes..

Here are other people I would want as a second string Qb than this overated thug..

Brian Griese
Charlie Batch
Jp Loseman
Steve Grogan
Tony eason
Marc Wilson
Todd Philcox
Brian Sipe

Are you getting the picture??? We do not need this overateed thug...

Mods, can we get some merges on these Vick threads, please?

D. "I don't care, because if Vick joins I will no longer care about the Patriots"

Wow. Strong words. I don't really care about individual personalities on the team I cheer for... you can jump ship if you want, it's your life. But if you're that strongly against Vick - yikes. There are criminals all over professional sports. If you're a dog lover - OK whatever. I hate dogs, cats, and all domesticated animals. But I like the Patriots.

I heard somewhere that we need a punt returner? Vick maybe?

how long has he been out of football? I don't see him being effective anywhere

Seriously.

I don't see a single position where him being on the field wouldn't be an obvious downgrade.

WR: Who comes off? He's never played it before so hes not going to be better than Galloway or Lewis, and you're certainly not taking off Moss or Welker.

RB: He's too small, and would never hold up. He weighs the same as Kevin Faulk and is 4 inches taller, can't block, and like to run with the ball in one hand.

QB: Seriously?

KR: Again, runs with the ball in one hand, and has fumbilitis.

Seriously.

I don't see a single position where him being on the field wouldn't be an obvious downgrade.

WR: Who comes off? He's never played it before so hes not going to be better than Galloway or Lewis, and you're certainly not taking off Moss or Welker.

RB: He's too small, and would never hold up. He weighs the same as Kevin Faulk and is 4 inches taller, can't block, and like to run with the ball in one hand.

QB: Seriously?

KR: Again, runs with the ball in one hand, and has fumbilitis.

That's what the weeks he'd be suspended for would help with. 6 weeks of just returning kicks in practice.

That's what the weeks he'd be suspended for would help with. 6 weeks of just returning kicks in practice.

Okay, fine, he gets rid of running with the ball in one hand. That doesn't change the fact that hes been sitting in jail for a year, and most definitely will have lost some of his best attributes: speed and agility. It doesn't change the fact that his entire career, hes refused to watch film. It doesn't change the fact that hes shown absolutely no ability or desire to learn anything to improve his game, because he believes his game is flawless.

There's certain skills needed by a KR, and there's no reason to believe he has them. Edelman is probably faster than he is at this point.

Wow. Strong words. I don't really care about individual personalities on the team I cheer for... you can jump ship if you want, it's your life. But if you're that strongly against Vick - yikes. There are criminals all over professional sports. If you're a dog lover - OK whatever. I hate dogs, cats, and all domesticated animals. But I like the Patriots.

Still haven't looked into therapy I see... The guy who owns this team is on record saying he'd jump ship and actually sell the team if in order to win he has to hire thugs and hoodlums.

ISSUE ONE -TALENT AND ROSTER ROOM
Would Vick add more to the roster than Gut or Edleman or Hoyer or BJGE? I would think so. Many believe that Vick has zero talent. That's ridiculuous for a 3-time pro-bowler. But then, many of these folks have stated that the Mannings and Favre have no talent, so I guess that Vick is in good company.

ISSUE TWO - KILLING ROTWILERS SHOULD EXCLUDE YOU FROM THE NFL
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is that Rotwilers should be banned as they are in many jurisdictions and removed or killed if they are found.

With regard to better on animals and killing the losers, I don't bet on coc$k fights or bull fights. However, mistreating animals is not something that excfludes you from the NFL, especially after serving time in jail, and being let back in the NFL by the commissioner.

What if he ate dog or monkey for lunch, would that be OK? Many cultures do.

ISSUE THREE - THE NFL TOLERATES WORSE
The NFL accepts folks who beat their girlfriends and wives. There are those who have commited all many of assualts, including killing HUMAN BEINGS. There is a process for accepting criminals back into the NFL, after they serve their time and then ADDITIONAL time as the commissioner sees fit. Even the patriots look the other way in domestic "disputes" and when our players traffic in ecstasy.
===============================
MY BOTTOM LINE
A) GET REAL
We accept lots worse in our athletes than beating up on Rotwilers and/or chickens.
B) VICK IS A TALENTED PLAYER
He may take time to get back into game shape, but he ahs years left.
C) WE DON'T NEED HIM
That is the bottom line. Another team will find a great addition in Vick.

Still haven't looked into therapy I see... The guy who owns this team is on record saying he'd jump ship and actually sell the team if in order to win he has to hire thugs and hoodlums.

Mr. Kraft seems to be a great guy. Thank goodness he is the owner - he sets the Pats up for success.

Doesn't mean he can't say things one day and do something different the next. That's what humans do : they say things they don't mean most of the time.

He's a criminal but he's also a sociopath.

He's a criminal but he's also a sociopath.

If I'm a dog, I'm scared of Vick. If I'm a football fan, I'm not scared of him being on my favorite team.

I see a difference between the people in my life and the people on TV running with a football in their hand. I don't want to be Vick's bff - I just don't think it's worth it to cease being the fan of a sports team because he's a member of that team.

I don't think he's coming to NE for many reasons. If he does, I'm still going to be a huge Pats fan. I cheer for the logo.

He's a good option to have for us as a team. Moreover, being a Patriot will help make Vick a better football player and a better man. This would be a stable productive environment for him and the guys on the squad would welcome him with open arms.

Re: Scenerio: Say the unlikely happens and Vick is signed as a Patriot...

He plays quarterback, doesn't he? Are we getting rid of that Brady guy?

BB speaks on Vick

Asked if the Patriots have ruled out Michael Vick, coach Bill Belichick answered that he doesn't know that "it's ruled in or ruled out."

Pressed further on the team's possible interest in Vick, Belichick replied: "You know, I think we would consider ... Well, we’re coaching the players we have on the field right now. Anybody who isn't here ... is there a potential they could be here? Yeah, there probably is." Now he's just toying with us.
Source: Boston Herald

Re: Scenerio: Say the unlikely happens and Vick is signed as a Patriot...

All these Vick threads about nothing, the reality for this franchise is that BB will not allow a distraction of this magnitude here.. and the Kraft family will not tolerate it...

BB can say all he wants, but what he desires least are distractions from the team.. London is a big enough distraction.

I guess we need to always understand that there are those here who think everyone on other teams sucks, especailly pro-bowl quarterbacks, HOF quarterbacks in the case of Favre.

Brett Favre did suck the last couple of years, and did get voted to the pro-bowl. The fact that he'll be a HOF'er is irrelevant to how he played the last couple of years, and goes further to cement the previous poster's comment that the probowl has nothing to do with talent.

anyone see that cragislist comment about vick landing at logan airport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes