PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Mod Edit:] Board Issues/Reaction Issues Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

crawhammer

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Can't find a good spot for this so putting it here... this new emoji "Already Been Discussed" is f'ing ridiculous. I could attach to about 75% of the posts on this main forum. Especially given offseason topics. Some dink spammed a bunch of my posts with this horseshit. I'm usually whatever about emojis but this one is especially annoying.

Last edited:
Can't find a good spot for this so putting it here... this new emoji "Already Been Discussed" is f'ing ridiculous. I could attach to about 75% of the posts on this main forum. Especially given offseason topics. Some dink spammed a bunch of my posts with this horseshit. I'm usually whatever about emojis but this one is especially annoying.
1689295026479.jpeg

There was a poster that's not here anymore that would spam many posters posts with drive by "dislike" or "disagree". This irritated a lot of people.

Another poster was in the middle of a nervous breakdown and had the "laughing" emoji on almost every posters posts. That poster eventually got banned.

They might be trying to tell you something lol. The point of the emoji is to let people know “we get it already” - like the emoji itself represents, it’s beating a dead horse.

Why would you care? You are a grown man complaining about an anonymous person rating your anonymous post on an anonymous message board. Get some perspective. Touch some grass.

Just an FYI - on new reports, please just go ahead and feel free to start a new thread, rather than search out a previous one and reply to it. We've got plenty of mega threads, and it's difficult to immediately spot new information when it just looks like, without clicking on it, new discussion in an old thread.

The only time @Ross12 and I typically will merge a thread will be if it's the same thing shared within a few minutes/the same hour, etc. and it's a duplicate because someone simply didn't see the other.

But if it's a more recent report, neither of us will give you a hard time for posting a new thread. And honestly, it's better for everyone else anyway if you do it, since people will instead immediately see the newer topic. :cool:
I like this, I thought we might still be posting in the "Hopkins to visit Pats next week" thread through week 12.

Says the guy crying over getting called out on his love for Patricia.
No one is crying except you. You mischaracterized my opinions and have continued to, knowing you were doing so, after I corrected you.
You are being childish in that example, just as you are being childish crying about someone putting a rating on your post.

Only thing that bothers me about emoji use is when folks use the disagree button but then don’t reply. The ADHD in me can’t handle that ****. Let’s talk d%#*!@t! What do you disagree with?! It’s so petty of me. Captains interesting emojis irked me at first. I’d think “what’s so ****ing interesting about that?” I now wear it as a badge of honor. As a matter of fact, when I make a post and don’t have a response within 48 hrs im internally yelling “why is this not interesting Capt’n?!?! Am I not intriguing you? ARE YOU NOT INTERESTED?!?!”

No one is crying except you. You mischaracterized my opinions and have continued to, knowing you were doing so, after I corrected you.
You are being childish in that example, just as you are being childish crying about someone putting a rating on your post.
lol this literally is an example of crying like a baby on a message board.

Last edited:
Only thing that bothers me about emoji use is when folks use the disagree button but then don’t reply. The ADHD in me can’t handle that ****. Let’s talk d%#*!@t! What do you disagree with?! It’s so petty of me. Captains interesting emojis irked me at first. I’d think “what’s so ****ing interesting about that?” I now wear it as a badge of honor. As a matter of fact, when I make a post and don’t have a response within 48 hrs im internally yelling “why is this not interesting Capt’n?!?! Am I not intriguing you? ARE YOU NOT INTERESTED?!?!”
I suppose it's within the realm of possibility that he doesn't care and can't stand it :haha:

lol this literally is an example of crying like a baby on a message board.
As the point was to start, grow up and find something better to do with your time than worrying about what anonymous people think of your posts on an anonymous board.
You can’t possibly not understand that 98% of this board wants you to just stfu and are surprised one guy said it with an emoji.

ron burgundy GIF

When I read this post it came to me in Joe Pesci’s voice

IMG_0072.jpeg

It’s interesting about the use of that rating by @captain stone. I’ve received a number of them from him as well and I always take it as a positive reaction, that he liked what I posted even if he didn’t necessarily agree with it.

i get exasperated by posters who hijack threads so I understand the rationale for the beating the dead horse rating. However I am concerned that it will be weaponized as @crawhammer indicated above happened to his(?) posts. I definitely do not agree with his opinions in the “Volin” thread but I don’t think it’s cool to spam someone like that. We need to trust the judgment of the mods here in cases where someone is hijacking a thread and make use of the ignore functions when something is irritating us to the point where the fun of reading and participating in the discussions is being reduced too much.

Last edited:
When I read this post it came to me in Joe Pesci’s voice

View attachment 51644

It’s interesting about the use of that rating by @captain stone. I’ve received a number of them from him as well and I always take it as a positive reaction, that he liked what I posted even if he didn’t necessarily agree with it.

i get exasperated by posters who hijack threads so I understand the rationale for the beating the dead horse rating. However I am concerned that it will be weaponized as @crawhammer indicated above happened to his(?) posts. I definitely do not agree with his opinions in the “Volin” thread but I don’t think it’s cool to spam someone like that. We need to trust the judgment of the mods here in cases where someone is hijacking a thread and make use of the ignore functions when something is irritating us to the point where the fun of reading and participating in the discussions is being reduced too much.
How does one weaponize a reaction emoji? It’s no different from if they had spammed disagree.

As the point was to start, grow up and find something better to do with your time than worrying about what anonymous people think of your posts on an anonymous board.
You can’t possibly not understand that 98% of this board wants you to just stfu and are surprised one guy said it with an emoji.
Dude, you've posted 60,884 messages, so god bless you, but don't lecture me on finding something better to do with my time. I've only got 55,000 less posts than you.

Secondly, I don't like the ****ing emoji, get over it. I stated my case on the matter, I wasn't looking for a discussion about it.

Thirdly, you want me to stfu but you reply to my posts as much as anybody. So what god damn sense do you make? None really. And 98% of the this board doesn't want me to stfu either. A much higher percentage than you're willing to admit agree with many arguments I make regarding Brady, Belichick, Mac, etc.

The Team Bill crowd is vocal and defensive. Can't take the criticism. Just want to cuddle up with IBWT and live in fantasy land. The fact is Bill's history as a GM and HC is riddled with mistakes too. Major, season altering mistakes. He possibly made a franchise altering mistake just last season. You count images of Patricia to fall asleep at night but for everyone else he's a nightmare. Bill's doing and see we'll how badly it may have screwed up his young franchise quarterback this season. But if Mac is ruined or he doesn't ascend to top 10-12 quarterback play then Bill is going to drift into retirement like a fart in the wind.

Dude, you've posted 60,884 messages, so god bless you, but don't lecture me on finding something better to do with my time. I've only got 55,000 less posts than you.

Secondly, I don't like the ****ing emoji, get over it. I stated my case on the matter, I wasn't looking for a discussion about it.

Thirdly, you want me to stfu but you reply to my posts as much as anybody. So what god damn sense do you make? None really. And 98% of the this board doesn't want me to stfu either. A much higher percentage than you're willing to admit agree with many arguments I make regarding Brady, Belichick, Mac, etc.

The Team Bill crowd is vocal and defensive. Can't take the criticism. Just want to cuddle up with IBWT and live in fantasy land. The fact is Bill's history as a GM and HC is riddled with mistakes too. Major, season altering mistakes. He possibly made a franchise altering mistake just last season. You count images of Patricia to fall asleep at night but for everyone else he's a nightmare. Bill's doing and see we'll how badly it may have screwed up his young franchise quarterback this season. But if Mac is ruined or he doesn't ascend to top 10-12 quarterback play then Bill is going to drift into retirement like a fart in the wind.
It has nothing to do with your opinion it has to do with the attitude you have, your disdain for a team you claim to be a fan of, and most of all the fact that a thread cannot exist without you polluting it with the same topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back