PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mock draft game discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 4 is probably the logistical limit. Hard to run a mock draft when half the GMs have dropped out. Plus once you get in the 5-7 range, those guys are really fringe players who might as well end up UDFAs anyways.

I guess it time to vote on the Seahawks pick.Selections so far.

Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa
Dez Bryant WR Okla St.
Chad Jones S LSU

needs: running back,guard,defensive tackle,defensive end,cornerback,tight end,center,inside linebacker

It's time for them to take a RB.

I'll vote for LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon.

Bruiser type power back.

It's time for them to take a RB.

I'll vote for LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon.

Bruiser type power back.

Does Blount really fit in the Zone Blocking Scheme that the Seahawks plan to use?

Does Blount really fit in the Zone Blocking Scheme that the Seahawks plan to use?

I think the linemen are more important to the zone blocking scheme than the RB. As long as the RB isn't dumb as rocks and can't understand how to use the blocking in front of him. Then again a pure powerback can usually fall forward for 3 yards based on muscle alone. Besides look at their depth chart at RB: Julius Jones, Forsett, Rankin. They're all little guys. They don't have any power/goal line type backs.

http://www.seahawks.com/team/depth-chart.html

But, if you have a BETTER suggestion, be my guest.

Last edited:

He would fit in great. Sure he's a big guy but he's not really a contact back. Good cutback runner.

Aaron Hernandez is sensational value this late IMO. Especially in my offensive scheme.

I'm totally up for all seven rounds. If we're going to stop at four, though, would anyone mind if the GMs left posted their projected 5th - 7th round picks? If there's any conflict of players selected by multiple teams we can put it up to vote, perhaps. But I'm pretty sure the three or four guys I still have in mind will be available, and I'd like to finish what I started. Thoughts

Oh, and thanks for all the hard work, by the way. Everyone's done a great job. :)

When you do a summary of your teams draft I believe that will be a good time to do the projection of your 5th - 7th round picks. I look forward to seeing that. Thanks again everyone for your time.

Hernandez is good value. Nice way to top off the draft. Good work everyone.

When you do a summary of your teams draft I believe that will be a good time to do the projection of your 5th - 7th round picks. I look forward to seeing that. Thanks again everyone for your time.

Okay, great. That sounds like an excellent solution. Thanks again to everyone who made this happen. I had a blast, and I look forward to next year! :D

Sorry I haven't checked in til now but I've been roadtripping along the east coast.

I've posted the order for round 5. I would like us to continue even if that means voting on half the picks. We have 2 weeks to finish 3 rounds. That's plenty of time!

Sorry I haven't checked in til now but I've been roadtripping along the east coast.

I've posted the order for round 5. I would like us to continue even if that means voting on half the picks. We have 2 weeks to finish 3 rounds. That's plenty of time!

I've posted my selection so I won't be holding you'll up if we're going to continue.

I've posted my selection so I won't be holding you'll up if we're going to continue.

I'll need to do some checking up on a couple of things. I'm in a bit of a dilemma about the value/need thing. I think the Lions could usefully upgrade two positions with this pick, but I'm not as sold on the value on the position of most need...

I'm guessing that Polk can play SS as well as FS. He is very aggressive in the tackle and has a lot of upside. He is raw, so will need to be developed.

I'm treating the Lions' rebuilding as a 3-4 year exercise, so I think BPA has a lot of importance over picking purely for need.

The one thing I have really got from this is just how deep this draft is. There is some fantastic value out there. I'm even more glad that we have three picks in the second.

If we're going to continue this game, then I need the GMs before me to make their picks. I've been waiting all day. :p

While it's pretty clear that the majority of the GMs have quit I'm still pressing forward with the mock draft. Since we've gone well past the scheduled deadline from here on out we will allow ALL picks to be available to anyone interested in making them.

Only rules are: allow 2 hours between each selection if it didn't belong to you originally and with the exception of broadwayjoe and myself you can't make back to back picks for others.

Last edited:
Please delete that pick Broadway Joe, I only got your message now. I can't be on during the day all the time. And by the way I took a Center/Guard in the last round.

I have a pick ready to go but you need to delete that pick first.

Please delete that pick Broadway Joe, I only got your message now. I can't be on during the day all the time. And by the way I took a Center/Guard in the last round.

I have a pick ready to go but you need to delete that pick first.

Ok its deleted and you can make your selection.

I'd been looking through the draft over the last couple of days and I asked myself who was missing. I think Edds could be anything in the NFL, he might not be able as a starter or he could become a monster in a 4-3. I like him a lot, that Iowa was really impressive and he was the leader on the defense. That leadership quality could be a huge thing for him, he has great drive and determination also and has spoken about having to be ready to start from the off in the NFL, he is a very intelligent football player too. Jacksonville could do with adding a depth at LB and I think this guy is very promising and a positive addition to any dressing room.

I think he is very likely to become a very successful player in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents