PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mock draft game discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raiders get the #1 rated FB in the draft according to some scouting services, in round 7. Harbor is a versatile weapon that can line up at FB/H-Back/TE and had over 700 yards receiving his senior year. He's also an athletic beast, putting up, 30 bench reps, a 40" vertical, 10 foot broad jump, and a sub 4.6 40 time at 252 lbs.

Clay Harbor*|*Missouri State,*FB*:*2010 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Last edited:
Dangit Reamer, you nabbed what would have been my second choice in the 7th, Scott Long! :p Back to the drawing board, nice pick. Hehe.
I like Long as a possible sleeper picks for the Pats on the 3rd day. The Pats had him in for a private workout.

"Long was free to focus on position drills at the Cardinals’ pro day. He was worked out by Patriots wide receivers coach Chad O’Shea and is a good prospect. – Gil Brandt, NFL.com"

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=67853&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR

Last edited:
I just had to give the Steelers their local product Nate Byham with their last pick of the draft. I'm surprised he fell this far actually. I hope the Pats will take a stab at him as early as the 6th.

Last night I selected Ekom Udofia for the Chargers. I know they already picked Mount Cody, but the value was just too great. I actually intended to select him for the 49ers who also have a need for a 3-4 NT, but broadwayjoe was in rapid fire mode over the weekend. lol

Last edited:
I just had to give the Steelers their local product Nate Byham with their last pick of the draft. I'm surprised he fell this far actually. I hope the Pats will take a stab at him as early as the 6th.

Last night I selected Ekom Udofia for the Chargers. I know they already picked Mount Cody, but the value was just too great. I actually intended to select him for the 49ers who also have a need for a 3-4 NT, but broadwayjoe was in rapid fire mode over the weekend. lol

Yeah that was my pick, I made all the previous Chargers picks. :(

But, I was going to select a second NT for depth, so good pick. :D

Oh sorry but thanks! lol Um would you like to make the Colt's pick? Or Carolina?

I'll make oakland's pick in a minute. sorry for the delay, was busy.

A.J. Jefferson was selected in round 5 by Tennessee.

Nice pick for Al's Undead Army.

Sorry about taking your guy earlier, but I had to scramble for someone after my top SIX targets were taken in the prior round and I had a couple picks coming up. Overall, though, I'm really pleased with my mock, and I think if Buffalo followed this path in real life, they'd be much improved as a team.

A.J. Jefferson had a freakish combine, and at this point in the draft you might as well swing for the fences. Along with nice size at 6' 193 lbs he ran a decent 4.42 40 but more importantly killed the explosion and agility numbers with a 44" vert, 10'6" broad, and 6.72 3 cone. He will also add value with his kick return abilities, scored 3 career kick return touch downs. Lots of upside to this kid if he can harness that athleticism.

A.J. Jefferson | Fresno State, CB : 2010 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Wow almost done. Just posting to say well done to everybody, and especially to to thank broadwayjoe who has put an incredible amount of time and effort into this.

Wow almost done. Just posting to say well done to everybody, and especially to to thank broadwayjoe who has put an incredible amount of time and effort into this.

You're welcome and I look forward to see how our selections compare to the actual draft. I look forward to doing it again next year.

Between BritPat in rounds 1-4 and myself in the final two rounds, here is the NE draft:

22. DE/OLB Brandon Graham
44. CB Devin McCourty
47. WR Damian Williams
53. DL Alex Carrington
119. TE Tony Moeaki
190. DL Corey Peters
205. DE/OLB Chris McCoy
229. DE/OLB Alex Daniels
231. FB Manase Tonga
247. OL Kevin Haslam
248. OL Chris Campbell
250. S Damaso Munoz

I wanted to add another WR, but those remaining were best targeted as Free Agents and I preferred to create the best competition for openings in the trenches. This includes a FB who can also be a third down back (receiver/blitz p/u). I close out with an undersized LB who has Safety speed & quickness, wasn't too bad in coverage, and was a Special Teams' Ace - no way Bill could go through an entire draft without his Special Teamer.

Nice pick for Al's Undead Army.

Sorry about taking your guy earlier, but I had to scramble for someone after my top SIX targets were taken in the prior round and I had a couple picks coming up. Overall, though, I'm really pleased with my mock, and I think if Buffalo followed this path in real life, they'd be much improved as a team.

Nice upside with Long. The thing is that the more you examine the back end of the draft, there are still lots of interesting players with potential. I mean if you can get guys like Long and Harbor in round 7, there's bound to be other guys who slip through the cracks. I suppose that's why 20% of NFL rosters are populated by undrafted free agents.

I think that I did a helluva job for the Titans...
Tennessee-Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech
Tennessee-Brandon Ghee CB Wake Forest
Tennessee Titans-Eric Decker WR Minnesota
Tennessee Titans-Dekoda Watson OLB Florida State
Titans-A.J. Jefferson CB Fresno State
Tennessee-Scott Sicko TE New Hampshire
Tennessee-Kevin Matthews C Texas A&M
Tennessee-Sean Lissemore DT William & Mary
Tennessee – Alex Joseph – ILB - Temple

A healthy Decker could easily work into a starting role. Ghee and Jefferson will be pushing for time opposite Finnegan. Jefferson will instantly become their kick returner.

In Kevin Matthews, he'll be looking to continue in his father's footsteps.. The bar is high, but he should be able to be starting at C or G in a couple of years with a good work ethic..

Lissemore and Joseph are my dark horses.. I think that Joseph can make their team on special teams and Lissemore should have a good shot at a back-up role to start with, but could push for time if Tony Brown gets injured.

Between BritPat in rounds 1-4 and myself in the final two rounds, here is the NE draft:

22. DE/OLB Brandon Graham
44. CB Devin McCourty
47. WR Damian Williams
53. DL Alex Carrington
119. TE Tony Moeaki
190. DL Corey Peters
205. DE/OLB Chris McCoy
229. DE/OLB Alex Daniels
231. FB Manase Tonga
247. OL Kevin Haslam
248. OL Chris Campbell
250. S Damaso Munoz

I wanted to add another WR, but those remaining were best targeted as Free Agents and I preferred to create the best competition for openings in the trenches. This includes a FB who can also be a third down back (receiver/blitz p/u). I close out with an undersized LB who has Safety speed & quickness, wasn't too bad in coverage, and was a Special Teams' Ace - no way Bill could go through an entire draft without his Special Teamer.

Not my favorite, but it looks like a solid, productive bunch. Nice work, guys.

Here's Buffalo's haul:

9) Trent Williams OT Oklahoma
41) Jerry Hughes DE/OLB TCU
72) Linval Joseph NT/DE East Carolina
107) John Skelton QB Fordham
140) Deji Karim RB Southern Illinois
178) Blair White WR Michigan St
209) Mike Johnson ILB North Alabama
216) Scott Long WR Louisville

My number one priority was to upgrade the offensive line. They now have a legitimate left tackle. The defensive lineman and pair of linebackers should aid the switch to the 34, giving them pass-rushing speed on the outside and a big, playmaking thumper in the middle. Edwards is not the answer in Buffalo, but he should be a good caretaker for the next year. Skelton is good-looking developmental quarterback with serious upside. Staying with the offense, Buffalo has stated they want to add a third down back in the draft, and Karim fits in somewhere between Leon Washington and Ray Rice. I'm a big fan of the wide receivers, as well; I think they will make a serious push to start--not bad for late round guys.

Unlike in years past, I didn't follow the Discussion thread.. Did any of my picks cause the controversy that Chris Johnson in the 2nd round did for Tennessee 2 years ago????

I think that I did a helluva job for the Titans...
Tennessee-Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech
Tennessee-Brandon Ghee CB Wake Forest
Tennessee Titans-Eric Decker WR Minnesota
Tennessee Titans-Dekoda Watson OLB Florida State
Titans-A.J. Jefferson CB Fresno State
Tennessee-Scott Sicko TE New Hampshire
Tennessee-Kevin Matthews C Texas A&M
Tennessee-Sean Lissemore DT William & Mary
Tennessee – Alex Joseph – ILB - Temple

A healthy Decker could easily work into a starting role. Ghee and Jefferson will be pushing for time opposite Finnegan. Jefferson will instantly become their kick returner.

In Kevin Matthews, he'll be looking to continue in his father's footsteps.. The bar is high, but he should be able to be starting at C or G in a couple of years with a good work ethic..

Lissemore and Joseph are my dark horses.. I think that Joseph can make their team on special teams and Lissemore should have a good shot at a back-up role to start with, but could push for time if Tony Brown gets injured.

Yeah, nice work. I'm a big fan. :rocker:

The only pick I wonder about is Sicko, who I think will be a good TE, but may be lost in a numbers game with the Titans. They already have Cook and Scaife as [pass-catching TEs, and Stevens is entrenched as a blocker. Most clubs simply don't carry 4 TEs. I would have looked at another DE or DT, personally. That's just nitpicking, though, and I really do like your mock. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes