PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Mock Draft] Chargers send QB Justin Herbert to Patriots in mega trade

It used to be “silly season” with a steady flow of sewage in the month or so leading up to the draft. Now with the proliferation of sites desperate for clicks, the silliness of years past seems quaint in comparison to things like this.

Why don't we just trade the #3 for Patrick Mahomes instead?

Actually, come to think of it, let's keep the #3 and trade our second rounder for Mahomes.

Last edited:
Im not gonna lie , ive toyed with the thought that harbaugh would be that in love with McCarthy to do that trade. Talk about ideal, and either getting mhj as well, or selling pick 5 to Minnesota for a haul now that you have a QB. But i doubt lac would ever do that. And i remember checking otc, herbert’s dead cap is insane if the chargers get rid of him if im reading it right. Not sure if the financials could be worked out somehow in a trade. But its all a pipedream

Im not gonna lie , ive toyed with the thought that harbaugh would be that in love with McCarthy to do that trade. Talk about ideal, and either getting mhj as well, or selling pick 5 to Minnesota for a haul now that you have a QB. But i doubt lac would ever do that. And i remember checking otc, herbert’s dead cap is insane if the chargers get rid of him if im reading it right. Not sure if the financials could be worked out somehow in a trade. But its all a pipedream

An EXTRA $89M cap hit. The Chargers already did a bunch of finagling so they have $32M to work with.. They don't have the space for anything more, really.

An EXTRA $89M cap hit. The Chargers already did a bunch of finagling so they have $32M to work with.. They don't have the space for anything more, really.

yikes! Yeah hes not tradeable

I don't mind fans making up fantasy draft stuff.

I do mind people who are paid professionals regarding the NFL coming up with nonsense like this without doing even the most basic research, like our @DaBruinz did.

Shame on you, Jordy McElroy.

Last edited:
Not only will this not happen.... it.....it.... won't happen

I don't mind fans making up fantasy draft stuff.

I do mind people who are paid professionals NFL coming up with nonsense like this without doing even the most basic research, like our @DaBruinz did.

Shame on you, Jordy McElroy.
It's just clickbait and, as this thread proves, it did its job of attracting attention.

Wait. The Chargers would give up Herbert AND pick 5?

Lmao. Not in a million years.

Stop It Roe V Wade GIF by GIPHY News

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST