PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF Game Thread: Squaws vs. Jackasses

They've had some hot starts before but faded. This QB though...things might be different this time.
It will be their defense that loses them HFA if the Chiefs offense slows down at all, which is possible at some point.

I'd rather they get off to this hot start right at the beginning then have it going down the stretch.

Denver revealed how you can beat KC.

Commit to run the ball and dont involve yourself in a aerial shootout.

The KC defense is bad. Denvers offense totally melted down at the end and played not to lose. The KC defense was expecting run, so you pass right there. Stay aggressive

The KC defense is bad. Denvers offense totally melted down at the end and played not to lose. The KC defense was expecting run, so you pass right there. Stay aggressive

Assuming Gordon continues to grow in this offense, if Gronk, Edelman, White, and Sony are all healthy for that game, the Pats could realistically hang 50 on them.

He was picked 10th overall. How was he 'overlooked' exactly?

He was an afterthought all throughout the process, at least according to the mainstream pundits. He wasn't even mentioned as a first round pick until about a week before the draft, so while he ended up going pretty high, very little was published and hyped about him as opposed to Trubisky and Watson. Even Kizer got a lot more attention for much of the draft process. That KC traded up to take him #10, even before Watson, makes it seem likely that teams regarded him much higher than most popular draft pundits realized.

Mahomes reminds me of Farve.

Improvising sandlot ball.

Assuming Gordon continues to grow in this offense, if Gronk, Edelman, White, and Sony are all healthy for that game, the Pats could realistically hang 50 on them.

And if our defense plays the way it did against Jax and Detroit the queefs are going to hang 50 or so on us. I like our defense better than theirs though. The Pats D has room for improvement (and will get better), the Chiefs D is what it is.

Chiefs are pretty stacked on O and they are Fast! I have always felt that Alex Smith held them back. Also Mahomes because he can keep plays alive with his feet is the kind of QB that traditionally give Pats D problems.

KC team reminds me a bit Packers a few years ago. Great offense and a garbage defense.Mahomes is really good,his mobility and screen passes are worth watching.

He was an afterthought all throughout the process, at least according to the mainstream pundits. He wasn't even mentioned as a first round pick until about a week before the draft, so while he ended up going pretty high, very little was published and hyped about him as opposed to Trubisky and Watson. Even Kizer got a lot more attention for much of the draft process. That KC traded up to take him #10, even before Watson, makes it seem likely that teams regarded him much higher than most popular draft pundits realized.

Seems like a stretch to me. It's not like he's some unpolished gem that dropped to the 4th round or something. You don't go #10 overall if no one has heard of you.

I'm not sold on Jacksonville notwithstanding their early season win against the Pats.
Neither am I. However, they are still a formidable opponent. We can/ have beat them, but I’m not so sure KC (Mahomes) is ready for that challenge yet. We shall see. As always, Bortles is the X-factor.

Seems like a stretch to me. It's not like he's some unpolished gem that dropped to the 4th round or something. You don't go #10 overall if no one has heard of you.

Here are some draft projections and blurbs, though his stock shot up very close to the draft, whereas a lot of guys I'm comparing him to with the hype were talked about throughout their senior year. I'm just going with the first results, not cherry picking, from this Google search of Pat Mahomes draft projection.

Patrick Mahomes’ stock is rising faster than anyone’s in the 2017 NFL draft
Texas Tech’s Patrick Mahomes has had a meteoric rise through the pre-draft process, working his way from a third day option to potential first-round pick.

2017 NFL Draft Profile: Patrick Mahomes
Projected Rounds: 1/2
NFL Comparable Player: Jay Cutler (lol)

*Patrick Mahomes | Texas Tech, QB : 2017 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

WalterFootball.com: 2017 NFL Draft: Quarterback Rankings
During the fall one playoff team told me they have a second-round grade on Mahomes and compare him to Derek Carr coming out of Fresno State. Two other teams said they had Mahomes in the third round, while one playoff general manager said he had him in Round 4.

Patrick Mahomes is NFL draft's ultimate QB conundrum

I told my co-worker Packers fan that Mahomes throws better on the run than Arod with a stronger more accurate arm and his head almost blew off!!!! LOL! Rodgers only claim to fame is his personal stats and circus throws. Now he has company!

Denver's Offense didn't play not to lose - Denver played to lose by having Keenum as QB - 90% of NFL QBs with that much time in the pocket would never have missed a wide open tall target like Thomas racing down the sideline towards the endzone with no one within 5 yards of him

Here are some draft projections and blurbs, though his stock shot up very close to the draft, whereas a lot of guys I'm comparing him to with the hype were talked about throughout their senior year. I'm just going with the first results, not cherry picking, from this Google search of Pat Mahomes draft projection.

Patrick Mahomes’ stock is rising faster than anyone’s in the 2017 NFL draft
Texas Tech’s Patrick Mahomes has had a meteoric rise through the pre-draft process, working his way from a third day option to potential first-round pick.

2017 NFL Draft Profile: Patrick Mahomes
NFL Comparable Player: Jay Cutler (lol)

*Patrick Mahomes | Texas Tech, QB : 2017 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

WalterFootball.com: 2017 NFL Draft: Quarterback Rankings
During the fall one playoff team told me they have a second-round grade on Mahomes and compare him to Derek Carr coming out of Fresno State. Two other teams said they had Mahomes in the third round, while one playoff general manager said he had him in Round 4.

Patrick Mahomes is NFL draft's ultimate QB conundrum
To compare him to a slug like Derek Carr is an insult

Mahomes reminds me of Farve.

Improvising sandlot ball.
Yeah, you're comparing a guy who hasn't committed one turnover to a guy who finished with more picks than TDs.

Some of you are straining yourselves so hard to trash the Chiefs that you're saying some terribly stupid things.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back