PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Minkah Fitzpatrick available...if the price is right

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me the more interesting name on the trade block is Evan Engram/TE/Giants. I would offer up a 2nd and a 5th for him.
He belongs in NE. Been a huge fan forever. He would kill it here.

Multiple reports of players being unhappy followed by trading arguably their best player, Tunsil. Minkah, the Stills BS.

Over his head may be too much but by accounts, what we saw on the field, its not good.

Its a rebuild, its messy but I think things could have been handled better in some cases.

Who cares if the players are happy ?

The only thing that matters for this year is that the owner, GM and coach have the same aligned vision.

If it is understood that it is a rebuild / tank year then all of this is a calculated part of the plan and not someone being in over his head. It sucks until January and then nobody will care anymore because of draft picks and potential cap space.

Now if it is not a purposeful tank then it is a different story.

Also if Minkah really only to play in the slot its not the worst thing in thw world. Yea it might not make him the perfect Patriot but I think everyone should be careful abt that considering AB & the others brought through here.

Slot corner is extremely valuable in today's game & Minkah has been great/vg in both college/pros. If I'm facing Ari, TB, SF etc twice a year I would seriously consider it. Esp for a 2nd. Young, cheap & ready to roll rn at an important position. Fins have already paid most of that contract last year if I'm not mistaken?

Who cares if the players are happy ?

The only thing that matters for this year is that the owner, GM and coach have the same aligned vision.

If it is understood that it is a rebuild / tank year then all of this is a calculated part of the plan and not someone being in over his head. It sucks until January and then nobody will care anymore because of draft picks and potential cap space.

Now if it is not a purposeful tank then it is a different story.
Stevie Wonder can see it's an obvious tank job.

Tank for Tua?
But is Tua that good?
Wouldn't it make more sense to talk Luck out of retirement and pay him top money?

Tank for Tua?
But is Tua that good?
Wouldn't it make more sense to talk Luck out of retirement and pay him top money?
Luck will be under contract with the Colts if he returns.

No thanks.

They're not calling Miami "The Fish Tank" for nothing.

Regards,
Chris
They're rivaling the 76ers of a few years ago. Imo that was the most obvious tank job ever, I could be missing someone but yea... They're tanking.

LOL look at their depth chart.

BB doesn't put players in position to fail though, if a player can only do one job well * (even thought that kind of player is not selected/signed by BB) , he will put the player in position to do exactly that. It looks like a simple concept but it's not rare to see coaches in the hot seat or newcomers trying to reinvent the wheel.

The problem is that the scouting report on Fitzpatrick is that he would EXCEL in the DMAC role. Helping the defense by playing multiple positions as the scheme demanded. HELPING that defense. Instead., Fitzpatrick is throwing a tantrum declaring he only wants to play the Slot Corner position. Do you really believe that Belichick would stand for that? Hell no. BB would ship his ass out so fast that his cleats would be left behind.

I think that Flores is being made the sacrificial lamb for the current GM. The moves they made have been horrible and have basically bent Flores over and said "Take it and like it.". And Flores is doing the best in a bad situation.

I don’t understand why you bring in a new coach to go 0-16. It’s demoralizing for the coach and any remaining players to lose week after week, and makes it harder to turn the page. If you’re going to tank, tank. Get a sacrificial lamb and get the real coach next year.

Multiple reports of players being unhappy followed by trading arguably their best player, Tunsil. Minkah, the Stills BS.

Over his head may be too much but by accounts, what we saw on the field, its not good.

Its a rebuild, its messy but I think things could have been handled better in some cases.

Flores isn't the one who triggered those trades, by all accounts. That was their GM.

Luck will be under contract with the Colts if he returns.

No. Luck won't be under contract if he returns. He filed his paperwork. The Colts took Cap hits with accelerated bonus. His contract is done. Just like Gronk's contract is done with the Patriots because he retired. If Gronk were to come back, it would be an entirely new contract.

No. Luck won't be under contract if he returns. He filed his paperwork. The Colts took Cap hits with accelerated bonus. His contract is done. Just like Gronk's contract is done with the Patriots because he retired. If Gronk were to come back, it would be an entirely new contract.
They’d be free agents?

Fine with me.
Talented not particularly durable in his first 2 years. Weird he'd be on the block though. He's by far their best receiver.

Flores isn't the one who triggered those trades, by all accounts. That was their GM.
All due respect I think it's naive at best to think a new HC that's taking over this type of team doesnt have a big say in this sort of thing.

Arguably their 2 best players, the HC is going to have quite the say. Again esp when he's taking over a team that isnt good or going to be good any time soon.

The Dolphins could offer Luck a young team tons of cap draft picks and a new start.
If I was the Dolphins I would monitor him and his want to come back then offer him the world to play.

They’d be free agents?

We discussed this in a Gronk thread. New England has Gronks rights if he comes back. Only the pats release him does he go through waivers. Otherwise, players would just retire if they don’t like their team and then sign with someone else.

We discussed this in a Gronk thread. New England has Gronks rights if he comes back. Only the pats release him does he go through waivers. Otherwise, players would just retire if they don’t like their team and then sign with someone else.
That’s what I had thought because there was always talk with the Lions owning Calvin Johnson’s rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back