Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami’s first 4 games:

Ravens
Patriots
Cowboys
Chargers

Brutal...

1. Miami has 9 picks in the first two rounds of the next 2 drafts, including 5 first round picks.
  2. Miami has over $100,000,000 in cap space for next season.
People are overselling the death of the Dolphins. This can be a 1 year overhaul, if they hit on their picks and are active in free agency.
It's great to have picks but more picks doesn't = success. Ask Cleveland, SF etc

Also we've seen the Jets, Raiders & 100000 other teams have insane cap space only to overpay on good not great talent, aging vets etc.

Miami is abt as far away from winning as you can be.

How in the world is this even possible, or allowed? Isn't there, like, a salary cap Floor too?

The salary floor is over a 5 year window. So you can spend $100m under one year and $100 over the next year.

It's great to have picks but more picks doesn't = success. Ask Cleveland, SF etc

Ask Cleveland? That team's current, much improved, outlook is because of having high picks and hitting on them.

Also we've seen the Jets, Raiders & 100000 other teams have insane cap space only to overpay on good not great talent, aging vets etc.

Miami is abt as far away from winning as you can be.

To repeat what I wrote:

This can be a 1 year overhaul, if they hit on their picks and are active in free agency.

Ask Cleveland? That team's current, much improved, outlook is because of having high picks and hitting on them.

To repeat what I wrote:
They're in that position bc they hit on the picks. Not bc they had more picks. This is a team that drafted Danny Shelton Rd1 12 & Cam Erving Rd1 19. Manziel & Gilbert Rd1 as well.

They're basically hoping those picks turn out well, while also having no QB/OL or weapons.

Sounds like a total babe. Let’s sign her.

I guess its a good move for Pitt. Fitz is a blue chip talent and if they have any aspirations to compete with KC, CLE, NE or other teams with pass-first offenses with good Qb play they need cover guys. They needed that before Ben went down regardless.

Time will tell if Ben can come back and if Rudolph is the future.

Agreed. Pittsburg was considered by many (including me) to be the third best team in the AFC. Big Ben looked pretty cooked to me anyway. Are we really so sure Pittsburgh will be one of the worst teams in the league with Rudolph under center so that the draft choice will be top 5 or 10? I’m not sure about that.

I watched Fitz at Alabama and he is one of the best prospects I’ve ever seen. He doesn’t want to be part of a clear tanking operation? I can’t say I’m surprised.

This move is questionable, and reeks of Tomlin trying to “win now”, but I don’t think it is a no-brainer idiot move, Fitz could really solidify the Pitt defense.

What I can’t figure out is what the dolphins are doing.

Wow. Pittsburgh who are now in a rebuild mode give up a first for this dude?
Miami will be a dynasty if they do a great job using all these picks. But they are Miami so...

Stupid move by the Steelers, probably from desperation

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. Pittsburg was considered by many (including me) to be the third best team in the AFC. Big Ben looked pretty cooked to me anyway. Are we really so sure Pittsburgh will be one of the worst teams in the league with Rudolph under center so that the draft choice will be top 5 or 10? I’m not sure about that.

I watched Fitz at Alabama and he is one of the best prospects I’ve ever seen. He doesn’t want to be part of a clear tanking operation? I can’t say I’m surprised.

This move is questionable, and reeks of Tomlin trying to “win now”, but I don’t think it is a no-brainer idiot move, Fitz could really solidify the Pitt defense.

What I can’t figure out is what the dolphins are doing.
Only thing I can think of is Flo and Grier do not want anyone on the team who is not 100% on board with the program. If they aren't, they are gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes