PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Minkah Fitzpatrick available...if the price is right

Status
Not open for further replies.
All due respect I think it's naive at best to think a new HC that's taking over this type of team doesnt have a big say in this sort of thing.

Arguably their 2 best players, the HC is going to have quite the say. Again esp when he's taking over a team that isnt good or going to be good any time soon.

So, you'd have everyone believe that Flores is ok having a crappy record and was ok with trading his top 3 players so the team could suck and draft some QB that may or may not be good?

Sorry. I respect the hell out of you when it comes to your draft analysis, but I ain't buying the idea that Flores is part of this intentional tanking. No Good to excellent Head Coach ever wants to suck that bad. Ever. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves.

We discussed this in a Gronk thread. New England has Gronks rights if he comes back. Only the pats release him does he go through waivers. Otherwise, players would just retire if they don’t like their team and then sign with someone else.

If that is truly the case, I stand corrected.

So, you'd have everyone believe that Flores is ok having a crappy record and was ok with trading his top 3 players so the team could suck and draft some QB that may or may not be good?

Sorry. I respect the hell out of you when it comes to your draft analysis, but I ain't buying the idea that Flores is part of this intentional tanking. No Good to excellent Head Coach ever wants to suck that bad. Ever. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves.
Appreciate that.

Idk man it seems the Fins are tanking. From the amount of udfa already on a bad team. The team turmoil. Possibly trading their 2 best players that are young/cheap. How unprepared they were last week.

They definitely aren't trying to rebuild rn imo. You dont have to blow everything up to rebuild. You keep guys like Tunsil & make guys Minkah work. Who knows maybe its a bad fit but Flores is going to have to coach up players that dont buy in right away.

Also the public nature of all of this I dont like. Handle it inside. Not in front of 31 other teams.

They're a mess. Tanking, who knows but they're not doing everything they can to win. Directly, indirectly Flores is a part of it. Hes the HC. I have a hard time believing the owner, gm/fo are on board w this but not the HC.

Can he cover Kelce or either of those (2) Eagles Tight Ends? If so, SIGN HIM!

As Josh already proved and that Flores is learning is don't just jump at the first HC job that comes along. You need to consider the organization, Which is what Josh did his 2nd time around.

If the Phins owner and GM told Flores that they're tanking this year they could have done that with any HC and Flores could have said call me next year.

Because they do seem to be tanking well, the only stumble so far is that 2nd for Rosen. That was just dumb.

How much of this is not wanting to play multiple positions and how much is just wanting out. It seems from what I heard of that game they didn't put their positions in a place to succeed and refused to make in-game adjustments even though they were getting killed by the deep ball. I think if he had someone putting him in a position to win at those positions it might be a different story. And we do need youth at safety big time.

If the Phins owner and GM told Flores that they're tanking this year they could have done that with any HC and Flores could have said call me next year.

What you are missing here is how much more guaranteed money Flores is making.

He set himself and his family up for their lives by taking that job. He has all five years fully guaranteed. As a DC he made somewhere between 300-500k here. Now most probably somewhere between 3-4M (maybe even 5M).

Just do the math. It was the right decision no matter how it ends.

My guess is Eagles or Chiefs...

Dolphins fleeced the Steelers. Could easily end up being a top 5 pick.

So, the Dolphins will have the first two picks of the 2020 draft then.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back