PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Silver: Source says BB 'full of it'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly!! I felt like my Super Binkie from 2 Seasons ago just scored 16 TouchDowns!! :rocker:

I don't care for Pix that show a guy pointing a Gun at the Viewer, which is why I chose to withdraw it...But I gotta say that Richard Harrow was my MAN from the very 1st Episode that he joined the Crew, back in Season 1. :cool:

*And I couldn't agree more about Bobby Canavale!!

"BarNEE GOOGLE...with the googly, googly EYES!!" Hah!!
jester.gif

*And I was quite mesmerized with the performance of Meg Chambers Steedle, who played the delicious Billie Kent ~ Nucky's Girl: She actually far more scrumptious in 21st Century garb, though I gotta say that it was not'er plentiful scrumptiousness, but rather her incredibly awesome acting in Empire that got my attention!! :rocker:

20120913__120914Boardwalk2.jpg

meg_chambers_steedle_meg_cute_tank_top_selfie_7Od1Hcdz.sized.jpg

Yeah, that's me in the BackGround. ;)

Cool Group Shot, Hither:

meg_chambers_steedle_meg_mob_museum_vegas_oM1tTkgW.sized.jpg

Honestly, the Cast is incredibly Deep & Talented on this Show, despite the relentless slaughter!!
jester.gif

It's worse than dealing with the Salary Cap!! :eek:

I knew Harrow was destined to be one of the most badd ass characters on the show from scene one too. I love the way his character has developed too.

Not being a Tebowite, I find this signing a little embarrassing. The first time he flings himself into his Tebow pose, I may just hurl. I'm kind of gagging on my Kool aid as it is.

Honestly, I sympathize with your response from an emotional perspective. But this is a minor, zero-$$-guaranteed deal, so there isn't a lot of downside vis a vis football.

Why didn't the attention-starved Jaguars bring him on as a 3 or 2, or 1 even?

IMO, it made sense for the Patriots to take a flyer on Tebow for the same reason it made sense for them to draft Ryan Mallett: because they don't need a quarterback.

Tebow in Jacksonville would be chaos (just as Tebow in Jersey was chaos). Tebow in Foxboro is just another guy at practice.

Last edited:
Honestly, I sympathize with your response from an emotional perspective. But this is a minor, zero-$$-guaranteed deal, so there isn't a lot of downside vis a vis football.

IMO, it made sense for the Patriots to take a flyer on Tebow for the same reason it made sense for them to draft Ryan Mallett: because they don't need a quarterback.

Tebow in Jacksonville would be chaos (just as Tebow in Jersey was chaos). Tebow in Foxboro is just another guy at practice.

Sometimes BB does things that are headscratchers -- but he has earned the space to do unusual things. For "In Bill We Trust".

But signing Tebow takes it to a different planet. BB and McDaniels maybe good coaches -- nay, they are indeed great coaches. But they are not MIRACLEWORKERS. It is onething to bring in Corey Dillon, Randy Moss -- whose football talent was never questioned. Tebow had had a history of BAD PRACTICES and GAMES -- all captured by NFL cameras. It wasn't as if he was NOT coached. He just did NOT grow. His game at QB stinks. So what is BB saying by signing Tebow?

I don't know what's worse. Yes, it is a low-risk, no guarantee contract. But Bruschi (ESPN) tells us today BB would not have signed Tebow unless he was planning to keep him on the 53 man roster for 2013. Give me a break. The Pats have a history of carrying 2 QBs for many seasons. Are we now to carry 3 QBs-- with Tebow being constantly inactive -- at the HUGE opportunity cast of a talented extra TE like Sudfeld or an extra WR like Thompson or Aiken. That is too heavy a price. It is NOT GOOD for the PATS.

I'm sorry. I'm not buying BB as a miracleworker. I am not buying signing Tebow as "doing what's best for the team", either. I can handle a circus, if the show inside is great. I hate a circus when its empty inside.

Tebow had had a history of BAD PRACTICES and GAMES -- all captured by NFL cameras. It wasn't as if he was NOT coached. He just did NOT grow.

He started 7 games, and got better as the season went on. Then he lost his job because Peyton Manning hit the FA market. There's probably 25 starting QBs who the same thing could have happened to.

He never played in NY because he had contract escalators that the jets literally could not afford. If he played more than X snaps, they'd bust the cap.

I don't think hes going to be any good, and I don't think he makes the team, but the idea that he's been proven to have no talent is a bit silly.

Sometimes BB does things that are headscratchers -- but he has earned the space to do unusual things. For "In Bill We Trust".

But signing Tebow takes it to a different planet. BB and McDaniels maybe good coaches -- nay, they are indeed great coaches. But they are not MIRACLEWORKERS. It is onething to bring in Corey Dillon, Randy Moss -- whose football talent was never questioned. Tebow had had a history of BAD PRACTICES and GAMES -- all captured by NFL cameras. It wasn't as if he was NOT coached. He just did NOT grow. His game at QB stinks. So what is BB saying by signing Tebow?

I don't know what's worse. Yes, it is a low-risk, no guarantee contract. But Bruschi (ESPN) tells us today BB would not have signed Tebow unless he was planning to keep him on the 53 man roster for 2013. Give me a break. The Pats have a history of carrying 2 QBs for many seasons. Are we now to carry 3 QBs-- with Tebow being constantly inactive -- at the HUGE opportunity cast of a talented extra TE like Sudfeld or an extra WR like Thompson or Aiken. That is too heavy a price. It is NOT GOOD for the PATS.

I'm sorry. I'm not buying BB as a miracleworker. I am not buying signing Tebow as "doing what's best for the team", either. I can handle a circus, if the show inside is great. I hate a circus when its empty inside.

I keep trying not to respond to stupid Tebow crap, and yet here I am again.
What your opinion good or bad of Tebow has nothing to do with any reality that we currently exist in. You have little or prehaps no professional football knowledge or the ability to evaluate talent. In other words, your opinion means as much as mine....zilch.
Now BB may or may not be able to help Tebow. He may or may not keep him on the 53. But he is willing to put in the effort as long as Tebow will also put in the effort.
Worse thing that happens is we release Tebow, BB looks bad... ouch poor BB
Best thing that happens, he learns and develops. BB flexes.
Most likely scenario its a wash, he sits, learns and leaves. Once he shakes the circus he can move on. May even find a job in football. Everyone needs another chance, why can't Tebow have that chance too?

Worse thing that happens is we release Tebow, BB looks bad... ouch poor BB

Best thing that happens, he learns and develops. BB flexes.

How in the world can someone think it would make BB look bad if he cut his 3rd string QB who is on an unguaranteed contract for the minimum salary?

He would look no worse than if he kept Kafka now and cut him in August. It's cutting a minimum salary no-guarantee guy. The type of player sometimes called "camp fodder". The media may try to fabricate some shame, but it is what it is.

First you are looking at this all wrong. This is the equivalent of bringing in a longsnapper, not Randy Moss.

Yes, Tedy Bruschi played for the Patriots, but if in fact he made that comment, it is no more insightful than anyone else's guess. Playing fro BB does not mean you understand the motivation of each of his decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference