PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Reiss: Alan Branch didn't make the trip to TB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he was our best fatty and with Valentine on IR that sucks. Considering we traded a lot of picks recently that will affect the 2018 draft I wasn't expecting trades but if he is cut then there may be no other option.

He was not somebody I expected we'd have to replace. It sucks when key performers suddenly stop playing well. We have a number of guys in that category, though, especially on D.

Think I'm going to head to the liquor store before the game and take the day off tomorrow just in case.

Not so sure. Mike seems to be hinting otherwise.

I was at Sunday's game and noticed that failure of effort/capability. Sad, as I was really in the guy's camp the last couple years.
That and Gillmore's fiasco when faced with an overload to his side, frantically gesturing to McCourty to take the inside and then following him inside only to leave the right side of the backfield undefended. I've never noticed so many pathetic efforts in one game that I was at.

Why is it either playing well or giving up with you people ? He has not performed well for whatever reason, he gets a breather and lets see what else happens with the roster during the mini BYE.

Glad for the glass half full mini-bye upcoming. If we can get thru tonite with a W, however inelegant, there's time to lick wounds and re-sync. At the game Sunday, forgetting for a moment we had a Thursday game, I was wishing for an early season bye.

In 2002 and 2005 there were age, talent and injury issues that brought the team down.

In 2009 you had talent issues but certainly there were some malcontents that by 2010 were jettisoned.

I don't really know if this is 2002, 2005, 2009 or something different but whatever it is it needs to be fixed quickly.
It could also be 03 or 14.

I was at Sunday's game and noticed that failure of effort/capability. Sad, as I was really in the guy's camp the last couple years.
That and Gillmore's fiasco when faced with an overload to his side, frantically gesturing to McCourty to take the inside and then following him inside only to leave the right side of the backfield undefended. I've never noticed so many pathetic efforts in one game that I was at.

They just need to scrap out a win tonight if not just to prevent ten days worth of hawt takes.

Is Valentine out for the season?

Branch has not been on board since the beginning of camp, long before the big protest issue.
yeah thats true

he has a history of being a little bit of a wildcard

but when people like PWP (one of the more esteemed members) start comparing this year to 2009......my post is what comes to mind

at least my mind

remember the huge expectations before the year.....undefeated season and all

Last edited:
Is Valentine out for the season?

We don't know yet. We do know that there are 3 IR players who are potentially eligible to come off -- Mitchell, McClellin, and Valentine. But only 2 are allowed to be activated. I haven't heard anything from a reporter that Valentine's injury is expected to last the whole season.

remember the huge expectations before the year.....undefeated season and all

Only the homer-est of homers believed that.

Anyone with half a brain could look at their schedule and chalk up at least one or two wins. Problem is hardly anybody picked the KC and Carolina games as losses.

Unfortunately, he may be satisfied with his 2 rings and new contract ($$$) to have any motivation left. We'll see, but things don't look too good right now.

Only the homer-est of homers believed that.

Anyone with half a brain could look at their schedule and chalk up at least one or two wins. Problem is hardly anybody picked the KC and Carolina games as losses.
i thought it was gonna be a dominant year

and vegas did too.....the odds were unprecedented

but this was before edelman tore his knee up.....i knew that would really hurt

strangely enough.....its been the other side of the ball that has been awful

Not so sure. Mike seems to be hinting otherwise.

After re-watch earlier today I was so disappointed in Branch. When he entered the DL was dead. He didn't return anymore for a reason.

After a couple of good plays vs HOU I was looking forward for him to come back by the time games matter most. Seeing him so sluggish and with no power, energy, allowing OLs to toss him around at will I wondered if he can come back at all.

Later today I was thinking about this exact play and wondered if he decided to go on playing and took the money . why didn't he join the team early . break the routine of previous years and do more bc w his body and age much more work is needed to even break even to years past. He really seemed to enjoy last year..

After being fed it is not easy to recall being hungry..

...also got a $2m bonus and $3m in total guarantees.

..or he could have cut one of his 120Db Nuclear Farts again in a team meeting. He got suspended for a week for that in 2016 TC

Or he did it in the teams new airplane, took away all that "new car perfume" in a second. Maybe it is Kraft who suspended him.

Or he did it in the teams new airplane, took away all that "new car perfume" in a second. Maybe it is Kraft who suspended him.

That happened to me once. I had a window seat on a flight to SFO and this skinny college kid in the middle seat kept farting in his sleep. Turned out he had a gastro thing going and kept going to the can and pissing off the old guy in the aisle seat trying to sleep. After about 45 minutes I couldn't take it anymore and I hit the call button and asked to change seats.

They put me in first class thank god. Man that kid stunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back