PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Freeman - Gronk comeback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, you're all a bunch of fools. I, Joe Cronkite-ker, recently interviewed Peyton's wife and she informed me Rob spent a weekend at the Manning compound wrestling alligators and when he left, he took a case of her pregnancy HGH as a memento.

hgh_before_and_after_Ben.jpg
My wife asked me how long it would take me to to get to the week 1 version.

I (deadpanned back to her) based on the change from 1-4, perhaps 5-7 weeks :D

Would it be fair to ask her to look like Monica Belluci? (Yes, pulling in the old Casual Chat thread)

Ummm, 2 months he'll bulk 15-20 pounds of muscle up?
Fyi, the generally considered consensus: If you are a 21 year old male, born with perfect muscle regens/protein synthesizers, your nutrition is perfect, your workouts are perfect, you are at the top of the testosterone genetic heap (abt. 1000ng) and the bioavailability of it is about as perfect as you will find in a human -- you can expect at very very best 2.5 pounds of muscle gain per month (though this wouldn't be linear through a 12 month span). At gronk's age there is virtually no chance he possesses that kind of perfect muscle building capability. (no he's not old but this is just the way it is).

With that said, the pic is hard to tell. If he is all muscle and low body fat (let's say 10% BF -- it's all muscle on that leaner frame), he can add a few % of fat weight to go with the muscle gain a lot quicker and still be solid. But if he's sitting at, let's say, 230 now and his weight loss has been in large part muscle, you can take it to the bank he ain't gonna be the Gronk of old in Nov if starting muscle hypertrophy training in Sept.
Now, of course something like 600mg test cyp once a week for 10 weeks? Then all bets are off. Just sayin :)
I'm not exactly sure about the science behind muscle fibers and their memory.. but what I do know is that 2 months of protein, creatine, heavy lifting, and a calorie surplus will get him looking just about as gronk-like as he did in Feburary.

A thought occurred to me the other day when I saw the "skinny" Gronk picture of that seemed to doom the possibility of him coming back. I thought what if Gronk didn't come back as a TE, but rather a WR. :eek:

Think about it. a 235lb Gronk, running a 46 something on the outside. What a target. 6'6, great hands being covered by 5'10" CB's. Who cares if they are faster and quicker than him. No more pass blocking 270lb edge rushers. No more blocking 290lb run defenders. fewer passes being thrown to him where he can be crushed by multiple defenders

So maybe next year when the competition bug hits him, Gronk will return, but THIS time not as the drudge hard working moth of a TE, but the preening butterfly of a WR. ;)

A thought occurred to me the other day when I saw the "skinny" Gronk picture of that seemed to doom the possibility of him coming back. I thought what if Gronk didn't come back as a TE, but rather a WR. :eek:

Think about it. a 235lb Gronk, running a 46 something on the outside. What a target. 6'6, great hands being covered by 5'10" CB's. Who cares if they are faster and quicker than him. No more pass blocking 270lb edge rushers. No more blocking 290lb run defenders. fewer passes being thrown to him where he can be crushed by multiple defenders

So maybe next year when the competition bug hits him, Gronk will return, but THIS time not as the drudge hard working moth of a TE, but the preening butterfly of a WR. ;)

Love it

My wife asked me how long it would take me to to get to the week 1 version.

I (deadpanned back to her) based on the change from 1-4, perhaps 5-7 weeks :D

Would it be fair to ask her to look like Monica Belluci? (Yes, pulling in the old Casual Chat thread)
Fair yes, but I wouldn't suggest it.

I'm not exactly sure about the science behind muscle fibers and their memory.. but what I do know is that 2 months of protein, creatine, heavy lifting, and a calorie surplus will get him looking just about as gronk-like as he did in Feburary.
At his age, probably accurate. I worked out with a 26 year old guy from work last winter. We hit it hard for 2-3 months. 8 weeks in, he's shredded, while I have a slightly a little more definition, but it took me 4 months to even approach what he did in 2. I'm 53 now, so I was 52 then.

Gronk's not in the "no way" category yet, but he's close. If he starts in August, he could be ready. But I think there's no way he's coming back.

Why do you believe he would attempt to do this?

LOL at the new thread title

Why do you believe he would attempt to do this?
Extra time would allow him to get his body into an ideal state of healing. Slim down in order to improve joint healing, flexibility, and muscle pliability. He might find it intoxicating to play for the greatest team of all time, I just wouldn't rule that out as quickly as most people seem to be.

Anyone who wants to believe Gronk is coming back simply needs to look at current photos of him -- he looks like he's lost about 30 lbs. He is done.
Ive seen a picture of him and its hard for me to believe he could lose that much muscle mass in six months.

Extra time would allow him to get his body into an ideal state of healing. Slim down in order to improve joint healing, flexibility, and muscle pliability. He might find it intoxicating to play for the greatest team of all time, I just wouldn't rule that out as quickly as most people seem to be.

He has already retired here is why:

Rob Gronkowski injury history and analysis

He is not trying to heal himself so he can throw himself right back into the fire so to speak.

He has already retired here is why:

Rob Gronkowski injury history and analysis

He is not trying to heal himself so he can throw himself right back into the fire so to speak.

I'd love for him to come back as well...but most of his back issue will never go away...it's just not going to heal. The best he can do is lose weight so their is less stress on it...just like he's been doing.

Ive seen a picture of him and its hard for me to believe he could lose that much muscle mass in six months.
In addition to working like a madman with weights it's safe to assume he was taking tons of supplements, perhaps with some PED assistance.

Good for Gronk, He took a beating season after season, and he’s a big part of the dynasty. I hope he’s healthy and happy going forward.

Assuming the OP's premise 'Gronk starts in Sept - ready by Thanksgiving' and 6'6" 265 former player X is now (assumption) 235, then we will agree to disagree. Again assuming his weight is 235 and give him a full offseason of working out? At age 30 still unlikely but at least the window is wide enough to include an outside shot.

But let's put aside the science of optimal genetic potential muscle gain I pointed out in my last post and go to the juice potential. Assuming no NOR 19s/Devil's juice, just a 3 month cycle of test (which will perform the otherwise virtually impossible gain of muscle while erasing fat -- fyi along with growing your skeleton as well as providing the increase in red blood cells to assumingly shoulder the oxygen load needed for this kind of beyond genetics accelerated growth): Test at 500mg for 12 weeks. General optimal expectation: 15 pounds of muscle, let's say 13 pounds of net muscle weight minus water. a drop of 3 to 4 pounds of fat comes with it. However, let's say player X is the top of the mark. Let's say 20 pounds of muscle, net 18 minus water (the fat loss will still come but it's minimal, fyi it's part of the magic juice deal).
To make it round numbers, everything is perfect and in 12 weeks magic juice puts him at 20 pounds heavier at 255. With the beyond genetic potential assistance even in 3 months he is not the player from the SB. and I'd say chances are zero he'll go to the juice. And if Juice can't do it? No offense but the science of non juiced potential isn't even on the same plane as juice potential.

Find the potentials, gain arcs etc here: Lewellyn - Anabolics, 11th Edition. This guy has devoted his life to the study as well as taking it. You can search these figures I provided and find them at multiple sources.

Assuming the OP's premise 'Gronk starts in Sept - ready by Thanksgiving' and 6'6" 265 former player X is now (assumption) 235, then we will agree to disagree. Again assuming his weight is 235 and give him a full offseason of working out? At age 30 still unlikely but at least the window is wide enough to include an outside shot.

But let's put aside the science of optimal genetic potential muscle gain I pointed out in my last post and go to the juice potential. Assuming no NOR 19s/Devil's juice, just a 3 month cycle of test (which will perform the otherwise virtually impossible gain of muscle while erasing fat -- fyi along with growing your skeleton as well as providing the increase in red blood cells to assumingly shoulder the oxygen load needed for this kind of beyond genetics accelerated growth): Test at 500mg for 12 weeks. General optimal expectation: 15 pounds of muscle, let's say 13 pounds of net muscle weight minus water. a drop of 3 to 4 pounds of fat comes with it. However, let's say player X is the top of the mark. Let's say 20 pounds of muscle, net 18 minus water (the fat loss will still come but it's minimal, fyi it's part of the magic juice deal).
To make it round numbers, everything is perfect and in 12 weeks magic juice puts him at 20 pounds heavier at 255. With the beyond genetic potential assistance even in 3 months he is not the player from the SB. and I'd say chances are zero he'll go to the juice. And if Juice can't do it? No offense but the science of non juiced potential isn't even on the same plane as juice potential.

Find the potentials, gain arcs etc here: Lewellyn - Anabolics, 11th Edition. This guy has devoted his life to the study as well as taking it. You can search these figures I provided and find them at multiple sources.
You sound like the Monalisa Vito of muscle atrophy. Good information. I think that recency plays a role, as in he was jacked 4 months ago and the micro fibers have a certain amount of memory and didn't completely dwindle away.

he's taking some different supplements now:

Looks like he’s trying to help the inflammation in his back. Good move.

You sound like the Monalisa Vito of muscle atrophy. Good information. I think that recency plays a role, as in he was jacked 4 months ago and the micro fibers have a certain amount of memory and didn't completely dwindle away.

Well I'm expert at this level = I know Atrophy sucks! :) (fyi, worry increases body's production potential of an anti inflammatory that increases Atrophy potential. So everyone don't worry about the Patriot victories. Moa Lisa Vito! :)). Where I know a little something is A.A.S.(anabolics) and that obviously will have lots of overlap for muscle.

Muscle memory is one of those that some believe in but it's basis in fact may or may not be. But I'd venture to guess a player of Gronk's continued working out (the only way to naturally stave off atrophy/keep muscle is minimum of maintenance weight lifting) for many years would me a 'muscles have memory' candidate.
Ultimately I don't think many people realize the calorie intake needed to keep muscle. 5'11" 175lbs notably south of 10% body fat (not even NFL size)? approx. 5000 along with very regular lifting. You can't blame someone like Gronk to want to go back to regular, normal human eating schedule/amounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes