PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Onwenu

I re-watched the game highlights, including Watt's PBU on 3rd/4, the penultimate play of the game for the Pats offense...Big Mike lunged at him too early and Watt easily avoided the contact and immediately proceeded to come at Cam with both arms in the air because he now knew that a pass was obviously being thrown to his side of the field...Hoping this is simply a rookie OLman mistake correctable with more reps...

He’s maintained his play. Onwenu now has the fewest combined sacks, hits, pressures & penalties of all tackles in the NFL.

This kid is amazing. Played like 4 of the OLine positions this year, with shortened covid virtual training camp. And with elite stats as a run blocker and pass protector. This dude is like the Tom Brady of OLinemen, a 6th rounder from Michigan no less.

This kid is amazing. Played like 4 of the OLine positions this year, with shortened covid virtual training camp. And with elite stats as a run blocker and pass protector. This dude is like the Tom Brady of OLinemen, a 6th rounder from Michigan no less.

What a find. IMO this makes Cannon an easy cut, if he doesnt retire.

Looks like a $4.8M savings if he's released, if I'm reading this correctly:

Looks like a $4.8M savings if he's released, if I'm reading this correctly:

if I am not mistaken a pre-June 1st cut 2021 would leave the Pats with ~2.5M Dead Cap and would free up around 7M
but the only one to know that for sure is @Miguel

if I am not mistaken a pre-June 1st cut 2021 would leave the Pats with ~2.5M Dead Cap and would free up around 7M
but the only one to know that for sure is @Miguel
A Cannon departure from the Patriots 2021 roster will increase the Patriots cap by about $6.3M if we presume a player with a $780K salary takes his place.

If only he was protecting Tom Brady. Boy doesn't Nkeal really suck. BB the coach is getting killed by BB the manager. How do you think Tampa will do the rest of the season. Boy if Tampa had Onwenu Tom would be awesome.

If only he was protecting Tom Brady. Boy doesn't Nkeal really suck. BB the coach is getting killed by BB the manager. How do you think Tampa will do the rest of the season. Boy if Tampa had Onwenu Tom would be awesome.

you laugh at yourself, you shouldn't

I prefer that Onwenu stay at RT for the rest of this season, and for the foreseeable future...I don't feel that he's a satisfactory long-term option on the left side, though I do feel that he could also become a starting-caliber RG should Mason be unavailable for whatever reason.

p.s.: It didn't appear that Elmanure or Herron were total disasters at LT either...It would be nice to have Wynn waiting for them in Foxborough and good to go for the final 2 games, but it also appears that we'll be out of contention by then unfortunately...

bumping up to get people to focus on something other than n'keal harry

dude is awesome
I, in all of my infinite f.ucking wisdom, thought we should move him to DT before the season.

PortlyElatedChinchilla-size_restricted.gif

Bye Cannon and Thuney.
Onwenu is good, but he can't play two positions.

Plus, if they get rid of Cannon, then arguably they have enough money to keep Thuney.

Bye Cannon for sure, one way or the other...We can still afford to keep Thuney too, if Bill wants to keep him.
The Pats can keep BOTH. It's whether or not Cannon is healthy enough to play or if he decides that his body has had enough..

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back