PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami likely to be 1-0 (Big Ben has surgery : Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Miami likely to be 1-0

CrazyDave said:
Wow, you really think the difference between the 2 is that great?

I really don't want to get into this, but;

4th greatest rating of all time.
Highest completion percentage of all time.

But seriously, I'm not in the mood to argue this today, so take your one shot and lets be done with it.

Figures Ben gets felled again (what is it with this kid) and our resident 18 year old fish fan hijacks the thread into a referendum on the Dolphins. Bad choice of merger titles on the Mods part I guess...

Thing is the Steelers did OK with Ben out for 4-5 games last year - they won the Superbowl I hear. While the Vikings almost salvaged their season once Fumblepepper went on IR.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I really don't want to get into this, but;

4th greatest rating of all time.
Highest completion percentage of all time.

But seriously, I'm not in the mood to argue this today, so take your one shot and lets be done with it.
Boy, those are some pretty lofty stats. So he's a HOF'er?
4th greatest rating all time? Gee whiz.
Guess we should be worried after all.
How's his post season stats?

MoLewisrocks said:
Figures Ben gets felled again (what is it with this kid) and our resident 18 year old fish fan hijacks the thread into a referendum on the Dolphins. Bad choice of merger titles on the Mods part I guess...

Thing is the Steelers did OK with Ben out for 4-5 games last year - they won the Superbowl I hear. While the Vikings almost salvaged their season once Fumblepepper went on IR.

Well the thread is about the Dolphins. Check out the title bro.

Disregarding all these trash talk... I do wish a quick recovery to Big Ben, it's never a pleasant thing to see anybody having a surgery.

CrazyDave said:
Boy, those are some pretty lofty stats. So he's a HOF'er?
4th greatest rating all time? Gee whiz.
Guess we should be worried after all.
How's his post season stats?

Like I said, no need to argue here. No ground will be gained from either side because we both think we are right. Let's just let the playing determine who is right.

edgecy said:
Disregarding all these trash talk... I do wish a quick recovery to Big Ben, it's never a pleasant thing to see anybody having a surgery.

Well said, Edge.

edgecy said:

I think we all can agree on that. Good post man.

MoLewisrocks said:

The Steelers beat the Packers and Browns in those games, and lost to the Jaguars and Ravens. I'd say the Dolphins this year are closer to the Jaguars than they are to the Browns.

It is kinda funny though how the Vikings actually got better without Culpepper last year. 2-5 with him, 7-2 without him. Ewing Theory, anyone?

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Like I said, no need to argue here. No ground will be gained from either side because we both think we are right. Let's just let the playing determine who is right.
i don't think anything, I'm just curious about this guy's stats.
You guys seem real excited about having him, and I'm wondering why.
Now that you mention those stats, i understand.
I had no idea he was so good. 4th best rating all time? Holy Crap.
That's even better than Brady.

dolphins had a chance even with ben in there and now the chances have increased but i still think pitt can win. we have to wait and see how culpepper handles that pits defense of **** lebeau. it isnt an easy one to solve,heck even manning was left scratching his head and ronnie brown i doubt will run over the steelers.

BoTown said:
It is kinda funny though how the Vikings actually got better without Culpepper last year. 2-5 with him, 7-2 without him. Ewing Theory, anyone?

You should look at how much better the defense started playing the second half of the year. And also, Brad Johnson play the much worse teams.

CrazyDave said:
i don't think anything, I'm just curious about this guy's stats.
You guys seem real excited about having him, and I'm wondering why.
Now that you mention those stats, i understand.
I had no idea he was so good. 4th best rating all time? Holy Crap.
That's even better than Brady.

Is that sarcasm? You must understand first the quarterbacks the Dolphins have had the past 6 years. Jay Fiedler, Ray Lucas, AJ Feely, Brian Greise, Gus Frerotte and Sage Rosenfels. If you were an above average football fan, you wouldn't know who any of those guys are lol. Now we get a guy like Culpepper, and it's very nice to have a real QB. It's been a long cold hard road since the Marino retirement.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
You should look at how much better the defense started playing the second half of the year. And also, Brad Johnson play the much worse teams.

The team as a whole was better, and coincidentally that happened after Brad Johnson took over and the Vikings offense stopped committing so many turnovers (Daunte Culpepper).

I think Culpepper makes the Dolphins better than Frerotte would, obviously. But it is amusing to me how much better the Vikings were after Culpepper was out of the picture. Brad Johnson isn't even that good!

Last edited:
BoTown said:
Brad Johnson isn't even that good!

No, he's not, but he is efficient and (most of the time) careful with the football.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
LOL! Trust me, you had better be rooting for the Steelers. If the Fins get this one, they will be 4-0 heading into Foxboro on October 8.

You will be heading into Foxboro on Oct. 8th......
and you'll be leaving in a bodybag

Honestly, Brad Johnson is underrated. Hes one fo those QB's that no one really gets excited about. But he does an acceptable to good job no matter where he goes.

Freakin' Roethlisberger, can't do anything right. Terrible timing.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Is that sarcasm? You must understand first the quarterbacks the Dolphins have had the past 6 years. Jay Fiedler, Ray Lucas, AJ Feely, Brian Greise, Gus Frerotte and Sage Rosenfels. If you were an above average football fan, you wouldn't know who any of those guys are lol. Now we get a guy like Culpepper, and it's very nice to have a real QB. It's been a long cold hard road since the Marino retirement.
The question with Culpepper isn't whether he can distribute the ball around with flair. Rather, the question is, TO WHOM is he chucking the thing and at what times of the game.

Vinny Testaverde. Drew Bledsoe. Kerry Collins. All guys who could, at times, look like world-turners. All guys who would KILL you at the worst possible time. Daunte's one of those dudes.

Live by the sword, and so forth. . . .

Last edited:

Sundayjack said:
The question with Culpepper isn't whether he can distribute the ball around with flair. Rather, the question is, TO WHOM is he chucking the thing and at what times of the game.

Vinny Testaverde. Drew Bledsoe. Kerry Collins. All guys who could, at times, look like world-turners. All guys who would KILL you at the worst possible time. Daunte's one of those dudes.

Live by the sword, and so forth. . . .

Live by the sword... then fall off your horse and impale yourself on it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick