PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami likely to be 1-0 (Big Ben has surgery : Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClosingTime

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Rothlisberger having emergency apendectomy. Should be out at least 2 weeks. Fan-freakin-tastic.

Re: Miami likely to be 1-0

Geeeeze, talk about timing.

Sorry, bad news. My condolences. I will be rooting for the Steelers. Also, judging from Matt Light and other pro athletes two weeks would be miraculous. Then again, with Ben's ability to sustain damage and keep going, anything is possible. Is there any chance for a conspiracy- could they be covering up for something related to his accident? There definitely is a "drama queen" factor with the big guy, no doubt.

Last edited:

I think when the Dolphins lose to the Squealers with no Ben, that should squelch the fish for a spell.

ClosingTime said:
Rothlisberger having emergency apendectomy. Should be out at least 2 weeks. Fan-freakin-tastic.

Steelers will roll on Miami with or without Roethlisberger.

I would actually enjoy that Pitts victory. ;)

GO STILLERS!!! Is it thurs yet?

Big Ben has surgery

KDKA.com reports Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (appendix) has undergone an appendectomy Sunday, Sept. 3. The team will update his condition later in the day.

Re: Big Ben has surgery

Read the Dolphins 1-0 topic.....

Even with the vastly overrated Ben Roethlisberger, the Fins would beat the Steelers. The Steelers are not even close to the team they were last year and they hit a string of very fortunate events in the post season. Also, Hines Ward might not play.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Even with the vastly overrated Ben Roethlisberger, the Fins would beat the Steelers. The Steelers are not even close to the team they were last year and they hit a string of very fortunate events in the post season. Also, Hines Ward might not play.

I'll take a Super Bowl champ on opening night, raising the banner, etc over an overrated Miami team. If this game were in Miami, I'd probably give Miami the nod, but they aren't going into Heinz and coming out with a victory. I'l be surprised anyhow.

who would we want to win? the dolphins are overrated and will be no threat to us this year... the steelers may well be fighting us for home field/bye.

PatsWorldChamps said:
who would we want to win?
Whoever Miami is playing.

PatsWorldChamps said:
who would we want to win? the dolphins are overrated and will be no threat to us this year... the steelers may well be fighting us for home field/bye.

LOL! Trust me, you had better be rooting for the Steelers. If the Fins get this one, they will be 4-0 heading into Foxboro on October 8.

Miami Sucks.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
If you say so Kreskin.

Normally I wouldn't care who wins. They are BOTH rivals. But this time around I'm a Steelers fan, being that the Miami fans (see reply in this thread) already have such HUGE heads for no reason. I'd love for the Steelers to take them down a notch from the outset. But hey, if Miami does win it wouldn't be a surprise. Facing backups at WR and QB makes a win easier for any team in the NFL.

CrazyDave said:
Miami Sucks.

Well said. The only bad thing is that if Miami does win, the Ben won't get a loss on his record. Ever notice that Ben has only lost like 4 games as the Steelers QB because he misses all the tough games due to injury or he wasn't the starter yet.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
LOL! Trust me, you had better be rooting for the Steelers. If the Fins get this one, they will be 4-0 heading into Foxboro on October 8.

A lesser team is a lesser team no matter the record they bring into the game.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
And then they'll go 2-6 to end the season like usuual. Dolphins late season collaspes are even more predictable than the Red Sox'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back