PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Are We Switching Reiff to RT?

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
1) Reiff has been a LT for most of his career.

2) Recently, Brown arguably has performed better at RT than at LT.

3) Unless a draftee starts, Reiff is likely to be a starter. He is being guaranteed $4.15M. I know that someone else might beat him out for the starting position.

4) Anderson is likely to be a backup LT. And if only 3 OTs are active, Anderson might be our swing OT.

5) The backup RT is likely to be McDermott, Cajuste or a draftee.
=========================
SHOULD WE CONSIDER PLAYING BROWN AT RT AND REIFF AT LT?

I have been wanting to have us run behind Brown and Onwenu.

Because evidently we like experimenting here, if it doesn't work out, there’s always next year.

1) Reiff has been a LT for most of his career.

2) Recently, Brown arguably has performed better at RT than at LT.

3) Unless a draftee starts, Reiff is likely to be a starter. He is being guaranteed $4.15M. I know that someone else might beat him out for the starting position.

4) Anderson is likely to be a backup LT. And if only 3 OTs are active, Anderson might be our swing OT.

5) The backup RT is likely to be McDermott, Cajuste or a draftee.
=========================
SHOULD WE CONSIDER PLAYING BROWN AT RT AND REIFF AT LT?

I have been wanting to have us run behind Brown and Onwenu.
I don't think Brown at LT in 2023 is a lock at all.

Because evidently we like experimenting here, if it doesn't work out, there’s always next year.
This without the next year shot lol though fully deserved.

We have always experimented with OL in off season and does not necessarily mean it will be that way come day 1.

Or, as was possibly the reason for the Wynn/Brown swap last season, they don’t want to team Onwenu on the right side with a tackle his size or bigger. He and Brown would block out the sun, but it might make more sense to put a 350 pounder on each side of the line paired with a smaller, more athletic and mobile lineman.

Didn’t he play RT in Chicago?

Reiff is a warm body to come off the bench.

Reiff played RT in Chicago but I don't think anyone has said if he will play RT or LT here. I also don't think Brown is a lock for the roster but they won't cut/trade him until they see what they have at the position at the end of camp.

He didn't even start off the bat in Chicago...their starting RT was hurt and he came on for the remainder of the season.
The back up rt for them is good enough to start here jk
I think he played rt for the bengals too with Williams at lt if I remember correctly

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back