PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami just landed Robert Quinn.

If Miami wants to gamble on paying $12M per to Quinn based on his last few years of production, then that's cool. It could pay off, but I'd guess there's a much greater than 50% chance that they end up regretting taking him on at his cap number.

Rams are close to my heart because my best friend is a Rams fan. He thinks they'd have cut him anyways.

Bet they'll draft Landry to replace him. Putting together a BC defense in Los Angeles.

Living in LA, that was the word around here as well. He wasn't going to stay on the Rams at his cap hit, they were just hoping to get something for him.

They are going to cut Suh. He will cost them 26m in cap space if he stays on. They could extend him of course. But he has a $9m bonus coming up in a week which guarantees and extends a future contract. He is not costly to cut.

I will say this.

Aren’t we always saying this about (insert AFC East team here) every other year? It ALWAYS seems to never work out for these teams when they bring these guys in.
Ehh, I mean say what you will about the AFCE, but Miami is good for a win against us basically every single year, so something’s working for them.

Ehh, I mean say what you will about the AFCE, but Miami is good for a win against us basically every single year, so something’s working for them.
That’s cute that they can do that, but what’s hovering around 8-8 every year getting them

They are going to cut Suh. He will cost them 26m in cap space if he stays on. They could extend him of course. But he has a $9m bonus coming up in a week which guarantees and extends a future contract. He is not costly to cut.

We have very different definitions of not costly. Sure they can designate him as a post June 1 cut to space it out but at $17m it still won't be a 'cheap' cut. It just looks cheap compared to the cost of keeping him

Quinn hasn't been a terrific defensive player for 4 years now. This looks like a reclamation project to me. They are hoping he can return to former peak performance levels.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
I saw this thread title and thought it was Bob Quinn, who went from the part to Detroit... Bob Quinn who happened to be on my little league team when I was 12 and he was 10! :D:D:D

According to OverTheCap, the only bonuses that Suh has coming are the prorated payments on his most recent signing bonus. If they cut him now, they save a net of $3.4M in cap space while shifting $22M into dead money.

They're better off just cutting Wake and Timmons, which would save them a net of about $13M, and then resolve their Landry situation ASAP to get him off that $16.3M Franchise Tag cap hit.

We have very different definitions of not costly. Sure they can designate him as a post June 1 cut to space it out but at $17m it still won't be a 'cheap' cut. It just looks cheap compared to the cost of keeping him

Miami Dolphins Salary Cap | Over the Cap

Another cap management masterpiece from Mike "Christmas Tree" Tannenbaum.

According to OverTheCap, the only bonuses that Suh has coming are the prorated payments on his most recent signing bonus. If they cut him now, they save a net of $3.4M in cap space while shifting $22M into dead money.

They're better off just cutting Wake and Timmons, which would save them a net of about $13M, and then resolve their Landry situation ASAP to get him off that $16.3M Franchise Tag cap hit.

Yeah given those numbers it makes no sense to cut him. Which means at least we dont have to sit through the unavoidable "Suh released, should we get him?" thread.

I'd take Wake over Quinn at this point.

Dolphins were already over the cap when they traded for Quinn, so they need to unload Landry and others pretty soon.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back