PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami just landed Robert Quinn.

They are going to cut Suh. He will cost them 26m in cap space if he stays on. They could extend him of course. But he has a $9m bonus coming up in a week which guarantees and extends a future contract. He is not costly to cut.
He is very costly to cut. But the fins do have an option to rework his deal built into the contract. So I think you might just be right

Ehh, I mean say what you will about the AFCE, but Miami is good for a win against us basically every single year, so something’s working for them.
In the brady era they are 11-23 against us.
In the last 8 years they are 4-12.
So no, they don’t beat us almost every year .

In the brady era they are 11-23 against us.
In the last 8 years they are 4-12.
So no, they don’t beat us almost every year .
Quite a sample size you got there. Going back 17 years to try and make your point stretches very thin.

The 2003 team is in every way different from the 2011 team, and so on and so forth, sans Brady and Belichick. Unfortunately your point is moot when brought into the recent years of this unprecedented, nearly two decade “era”.

The facts are: the Dolphins have beaten us 4 out of the last 5 years. So yes, recently, they do beat us almost every year.

I could care less about what the record was against them a decade ago, especially when all those players who competed in those games, besides Brady, aren’t even in the league anyone.

Last edited:
Quite a sample size you got there. Going back 17 years to try and make your point stretches very thin.

The 2003 team is in every way different from the 2011 team, and so on and so forth, sans Brady and Belichick. Unfortunately your point is moot when brought into the recent years of this unprecedented, nearly two decade “era”.

The facts are: the Dolphins have beaten us 4 out of the last 5 years. So yes, recently, they do beat us almost every year.

I could care less about what the record was against them a decade ago, especially when all those players who competed in those games, besides Brady, aren’t even in the league anyone.

"Besides Brady" is a pretty huge besides. :D

Timmons and Thomas are expected to be cut, and reports are that they will rescind the $9m 5th year option for James. That would free up about $21m of cap space.

Then they better pray that James doesn't go get some surgery in the next week or so. . . .

We have very different definitions of not costly. Sure they can designate him as a post June 1 cut to space it out but at $17m it still won't be a 'cheap' cut. It just looks cheap compared to the cost of keeping him

Fun fact: if you designate a player as a post-June 1 cut, you still have to carry that dead money on your cap until June 1. [That's why it almost never happens.]

"Besides Brady" is a pretty huge besides. :D
Considering the guy is the GOAT and has beaten Father Time, yeah it is.

But him being the one single constant doesn’t neglect the fact that a record against a particular team nearly two decades ago has absolutely zero to do with a record against a that particular team nearly two decades later.

Especially when every single other player on either 53 man roster is not active on either team, let alone in the league, save for one freak of nature QB who’s the best to ever do it.

It’s just a bad comparison in every way.

Last edited:

Surely a small sample size is better than a large one:rolleyes:
Of course you choose your sample size arbitrarily. Why 5 years? Most of those players are gone too.
Feel free to fear a team that wins 11 times against us in 34 games, and 4 of the last 12.
I won’t.

Surely a small sample size is better than a large one:rolleyes:
Of course you choose your sample size arbitrarily. Why 5 years? Most of those players are gone too.
Feel free to fear a team that wins 11 times against us in 34 games, and 4 of the last 12.
I won’t.
Why 5? Because going back almost two decades like you did to try and prove the Patriots are far and away superior is moronic.

We all know the Pats are the better team. This isn’t even a question. But in recent years the Dolphins have been good for a win against us. That’s been the truth and that’s all I said.

Stop trying to find a fight when there isn’t one to pick. You’re adding nothing to the conversation with this mindless debate.

And no one “fears” them, not a soul said that. Quit the straw man argument chef.

Why 5? Because going back almost two decades like you did to try and prove the Patriots are far and away superior is moronic.

We all know the Pats are the better team. This isn’t even a question. But in recent years the Dolphins have been good for a win against us. That’s been the truth and that’s all I said.

Stop trying to find a fight when there isn’t one to pick. You’re adding nothing to the conversation with this mindless debate.

And no one “fears” them, not a soul said that. Quit the straw man argument chef.
4-12

Maybe it's just me but if a couple of serious Pats fans are going to have a pissing contest I'd expect something a bit more...epic

giphy.gif

Considering the guy is the GOAT and has beaten Father Time, yeah it is.

But him being the one single constant doesn’t neglect the fact that a record against a particular team nearly two decades ago has absolutely zero to do with a record against a that particular team nearly two decades later.

Especially when every single other player on either 53 man roster is not active on either team, let alone in the league, save for one freak of nature QB who’s the best to ever do it.

It’s just a bad comparison in every way.

I was just kidding around with you. But I would also add BB to the besides list as well. So besides BB and Brady.......

I will say this.

Aren’t we always saying this about (insert AFC East team here) every other year? It ALWAYS seems to never work out for these teams when they bring these guys in.
90% of the time it never works every time.

Now with real bits of Dolphin.

You’re arguing against yourself in a conversation that doesn’t exist. If you’re going to troll, at least stay on topic.
On topic. Miami has beaten the patriots 4 of the last 16.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back