PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Merged] Patriots Quest for the #1 seed in the AFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
umm,

FIRST OFF:
if you do not see any merit in this thread, or the subsequent discussion about the #1 seed, stay the hell out of the thread, those of us who clearly understood the simple yet descriptive thread title came to it for a serious conversation, and your comments do no more than waste space and time

SECOND OFF:
the OP CLEARLY said that he's not implying what will happen but what is possible, so stop whining

THIRD OFF:
for those of you who are already saying that we are out of the #1 seed, go learn how to be a real fan

Over the past five seasons the Pats are 34-6 in the second half of the season, and in the last two seasons they haven't lost a game. To think they're out of the race for the #1 seed doesn't make sense.

Patriots are now the #2 seed in the AFC.

I'm so glad 3 of our last 4 games are @ home. I hope pats fans are crazy loud on monday night!

No, Baltimore has the tiebreaker over NE.

That's incorrect.

The Patriots, Ravens and Broncos are all 9-3.

The Patriots currently hold the three team tie-breaker, as they have the best conference record.

I stand corrected :)

With the Ravens (9-4) loss today, the Patriots now control their own destiny for the #2 seed in the AFC.

Win out and they are guaranteed a bye-week and #2 seed at worse.

Denver has a cakewalk finish - I make the favorites to clinch the #2 seed to be quite honest.

Texans/49ers back-2-back is going to be super-tough - esp with Gronk out.

Great result in the Baltimore game today though - glad to see the Ravens ridiculous run of luck finally come to a finish.

Are you naturally a loser, or just trying to play one on TV?

Really - this is quite surreal!

Its quite honestly the first time i've been labelled pessimistic (presumably what you are going for with the loser stuff) on this board.

I'm all in favor of rabid homerism though - so take your best shots! :)

Denver has a cakewalk finish - I make the favorites to clinch the #2 seed to be quite honest.

Texans/49ers back-2-back is going to be super-tough - esp with Gronk out.

Great result in the Baltimore game today though - glad to see the Ravens ridiculous run of luck finally come to a finish.

If the Pats win out, it really doesn't matter what the Broncos do. The Broncos in that situation would be the #3 seed unless the Texans lost two more games after losing tomorrow night (the Texans already beat the Broncos and would have the tiebreaker).

Also:
  • The next two games for the Pats are not nearly as tough as some make it. Neither the Texans nor 49ers have been playing their best football over the last month. Neither are cakewalks, but neither are nearly as good as some make them.
  • The Broncos got a tough game next week against a desperate Ravens' team. The Ravens need to win to stay in the hunt for a bye and lock up their division.

Really - this is quite surreal!

Its quite honestly the first time i've been labelled pessimistic (presumably what you are going for with the loser stuff) on this board.

I'm all in favor of rabid homerism though - so take your best shots! :)

Well, you already have the Pats losing one or both of the next two games. If the Pats win out, they are guaranteed at least the #2 seed. If they win out and the Texans lose one more, the Pats are guaranteed the #1 seed and the Texans are guaranteed the #2 seed.

what do you think the odds are of us getting #2 if we lose tomorrow night with denvers schedule?

what do you think the odds are of us getting #2 if we lose tomorrow night with denvers schedule?

Who knows the odds? But even if the Pats lose tomorrow night, there is no reason that by the end of next weekend they are back in the #2 spot tied at 10-4 with the Broncos with both teams facing mediocre teams the rest of the way. The Dolphins are a tough out, but so are the Browns who have won their last three games and kept games close all year.

Well, you already have the Pats losing one or both of the next two games. If the Pats win out, they are guaranteed at least the #2 seed. If they win out and the Texans lose one more, the Pats are guaranteed the #1 seed and the Texans are guaranteed the #2 seed.

I don't think its accurate to say that I have us losing one or both of the bext two games - just that its more likely that happens than Denver losing one.

I'm excited to see how the Patriots look tomorrow night - if we can get the job done minus our most important skills player (outside of Brady) than i'll be hugely impressed.

The Texans clearly regard tomorrow night as a statement game.

Embarrassing thread. Delusional even at this point.

I'll bookmark this thread and eat crow if the cards fall out so that the Pats get the Bye (see my longer reply to Disco). I assume you'll do the same when they don't.

LOL... I'm just looking for them to make the playoffs.

wow .. really? talking #1 seed huh? :bricks:

did you watch todays game? or last weeks game...or the week before...or the week before...or the week before? do you really think this Defense is good enough to win 9 straight. do you really think this offense is good enough to win 9 straight?

Lets go 10-6,get the 3rd seed and be happy with that. With this defense and sad sack coaching,that alone is a huge accomplishment

#1 seed?! Patriots are 4-3. They're not even close to winning the division yet. And Miami will be tough to beat... you'll see

Outside of the Texans, we're basically looking at a lot of garbage. And the Patriots are a part of that garbage.

I don't know if the Pats have what it takes to even make the playoffs. They have taken a step or two backwards this year. Clutch is not the team's motto anymore.

If Lloyd and the secondary continue their F minus play, we don't get to the playoffs.

Win out? Given the ****ty first half of the season, I'd consider 11-5 overachieving.

Wow, and people say I'M bad.... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye