PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mcdaniels to Packers speculation and rumors

McDaniels is stuck here.
Wow
He may leave at some point to show he can do it without BB.
...or wait till his kids have AARP cards and then he can take over as HC of the NEP

...or wait till his kids have AARP cards and then he can take over as HC of the NEP

Yeah as a fan you think the Pats job is great but you take away Brady and it's just like any other job in the NFL.

Why would anyone want to follow Belichick and the standards he's set without having Brady, could quite easily turn into the Dolphins post Marino or the Cowboys post Aikman.

So we're stuck with Josh for another year? ... Brady will be happy.

Well, the Browns job is other one he's been linked to. We'll see. McD has won 2 super bowls as our OC, Charlie Weis 3, and Bill O'Brien a big zero.

Yeah as a fan you think the Pats job is great but you take away Brady and it's just like any other job in the NFL.

Why would anyone want to follow Belichick and the standards he's set without having Brady, could quite easily turn into the Dolphins post Marino or the Cowboys post Aikman.
I'd say Walsh/Montana but Seifert had Steve Young itching to take the splinters out of his butt.

If McDaniels bailed on the Colts in the way he did without a solid promise he’d be replacing Belichick here within a season or two, then, he’s the dumbest man in the world and we should not be concerned about him taking any job anywhere else.

I just don’t think Belichick would have kept him around all these years and even brought him back if he was that dumb however.

Every team that interviews Josh for a job is going to ask him what happened last year and what if the answer isn't satisfactory?

That's the one thing we don't know and without knowing what really happened it's hard to see how teams will judge it.

The Patriots job will be a great job for whoever succeeds Belichick. The hardest thing in sports is to build a culture of success, but history shows, once it’s built, it has legs if nurtured.. Mike Tomlin is only now in the process of destroying what Chuck Noll started building 50 years ago.

If McDaniels bailed on the Colts in the way he did without a solid promise he’d be replacing Belichick here within a season or two, then, he’s the dumbest man in the world and we should not be concerned about him taking any job anywhere else.

I just don’t think Belichick would have kept him around all these years and even brought him back if he was that dumb however.

Or maybe he just was more comfortable with keeping his family in NE. We'll probably never know. Not really any of our business, either.

So let’s start with your premise that without Brady it’s just another job.
Why is it better than just another job?
-ownership is stable and supportive and does not meddle
-Belichick has a structure in place that will remain in tact. This can’t be overstated in its value. Everything about the organization is in place and 95% of it is set up the way McDaniels would want it.
-the groceries are being chosen to run his system.
-the assistants have been coached up by the GOAT of coaching
-Offensively he will just continue with what he has going on with an intimate knowledge of his roster and dirs but have to assess, learn and figure out all new players.

In many ways it is perfectly set up for him.

The Patriots job will be a great job for whoever succeeds Belichick. The hardest thing in sports is to build a culture of success, but history shows, once it’s built, it has legs if nurtured.. Mike Tomlin is only now in the process of destroying what Chuck Noll started building 50 years ago.

Hmmmm...I've also heard it said the hardest thing in sports was to be the guy after THE GUY...so there's that.

So according to the Packer fan who has ties to Josh and Ben Mcdaniels.

Ok so I’m hearing from my bro who’s close friends with Ben McDaniels Josh’s younger brother that Josh was the first choice NOT Lafleur!! The only reason they chose Laflaeur
Is because Josh wanted HIS OWN coaching staff including DC!! I told you guys the only way Josh wouldn’t get the job is if the Packers didn’t let him chose who he wanted to retain which is exactly what happened! Smh I hate Murphy even more now, Gute really is just a puppet on a string! I’m pissed! I hope they got this right, but it’s BS not to let the incoming HC chose he wants!! Everyone including the HC will be Murphy’s puppet! That’s why he kept McCarthy and TT so long! I hope this Lafleur Guy isn’t some tool and this works out.

Very interesting if true.
If they didnt let him have control of his own D staff he shouldnt of wanted that job anyhow.

So, you think that it will take Tomlin close to fifty years to destroy what Tomlin and Cowher built? He's been there 12 seasons. I give him another five.

So according to the Packer fan who has ties to Josh and Ben Mcdaniels.

Ok so I’m hearing from my bro who’s close friends with Ben McDaniels Josh’s younger brother that Josh was the first choice NOT Lafleur!! The only reason they chose Laflaeur
Is because Josh wanted HIS OWN coaching staff including DC!! I told you guys the only way Josh wouldn’t get the job is if the Packers didn’t let him chose who he wanted to retain which is exactly what happened! Smh I hate Murphy even more now, Gute really is just a puppet on a string! I’m pissed! I hope they got this right, but it’s BS not to let the incoming HC chose he wants!! Everyone including the HC will be Murphy’s puppet! That’s why he kept McCarthy and TT so long! I hope this Lafleur Guy isn’t some tool and this works out.

Very interesting if true.
If they didnt let him have control of his own D staff he shouldnt of wanted that job anyhow.
Im thinking Kliff Kingsbury becomes Jets head coach
Browns keep Kinchens and Williams together
Arizona takes Zac Taylor
Bruce S
The news of LaFleur being hired by Green Bay is great for the Patriots, and for McDaniels. And I doubt any team in the NFCN is losing sleep over it.
I wouldnt count out Mcdaniels being rash and just grabbing at a job now.
Cleveland ARIZONA Miami and the jest still need coaches.

I wouldnt count out Mcdaniels being rash and just grabbing at a job now.
Cleveland ARIZONA Miami and the jest still need coaches.

Cleveland's been the best job for a potential HC from the beginning. The Miami and NYJ jobs are bad, and the Arizona job is the sort of high risk job that I'd advise repeat coaches to avoid.

Dolphins & Cards are terrible situations. No QB. No fan base. Impatient ownership. Only good thing is the weather.

I do wonder why the Packers didn't go forward with McD. After all, reports yesterday were that he was their #1 target.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back