PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McDaniels to interview with Eagles

Reiss mentioned Patricia on O recently as well, so this isn't just a crazy Zolak idea.

If I recall correctly Patricia started out as assistant on offense.

I think at this point we can kinda assume that what BB really likes about MattyP is that he is able to implement BB's vision and gameplans pretty well. Otherwise he wouldn't have kept the DC job for so long. And despite the **** he is getting for the defensive meltdown against the Eagles in 2017 he was in charge of a couple of really good defenses over the years.

Personally even if McDaniels stays I hope they can get some folks from the McVay/Shanahan side into the house to incorporate more of their stuff into the offense so I wouldn't be a particularly big fan of Patricia getting that gig but I can see what the advantages would be in terms of dividing up BB's time.

I think at this point we can kinda assume that what BB really likes about MattyP is that he is able to implement BB's vision and gameplans pretty well. Otherwise he wouldn't have kept the DC job for so long. And despite the **** he is getting for the defensive meltdown against the Eagles in 2017 he was in charge of a couple of really good defenses over the years.

Personally even if McDaniels stays I hope they can get some folks from the McVay/Shanahan side into the house to incorporate more of their stuff into the offense so I wouldn't be a particularly big fan of Patricia getting that gig but I can see what the advantages would be in terms of dividing up BB's time.

We had Jedd Fisch as a QB coach in 2020 helping McDaniels incorporate more of their stuff in our offense - the McVay tree. There are still a lot of people that think the offense with Cam was unimaginative.

He was a C/G at RPI, so a return to that side of the ball (coaching the OL), while certainly not far-fetched, doesn't seem to be where we need help right now...Bricillo & Popovich look like they've done a pretty decent job there...

They hated Fatty Matty in Detroit. The fcking politicians despite people dying in the streets wrote a fcking letter to the Lions owner begging for his removal. No thank you!

They hated Fatty Matty in Detroit. The fcking politicians despite people dying in the streets wrote a fcking letter to the Lions owner begging for his removal. No thank you!
dont Substitute the judgment of lions for the judgment t of basically anyone else.

I wouldn't mind McDainiels leaving. We need fresh ideas like when Flores took over (simplifying the D) for Fat Matt.

Or like the first time McDaniels left and while he was out drafting Tim Tebow, we got Gronk, Edelman, Hernandez, Hightower, McCourty, and Chung.

Let’s be careful what we wish for. Zolak on the radio today said he’s heard whispers of Gase and possibly Patricia coming back on the offensive side.
6d2.gif

Or like the first time McDaniels left and while he was out drafting Tim Tebow, we got Gronk, Edelman, Hernandez, Hightower, McCourty, and Chung.
Chung stunk his first stint in NE which BB strangely admitted it was his fault (and it was). Playing him at FS was very bizarre.

Edelman took a long time to develop, but it's not like we were all counting on a 6th round pick to be breaking out at WR.

Chung stunk his first stint in NE which BB strangely admitted it was his fault (and it was). Playing him at FS was very bizarre.

Edelman took a long time to develop, but it's not like we were all counting on a 6th round pick to be breaking out at WR.

That was Dean Pees. Dean said in an interview fairly recently that Belichick barely even checked on what he was doing as he was getting the young offense acclimated. But yes Belichick said Chung was misused and he came back an elite box strong safety instead of as a misused free safety his rookie year.

McDaniels clearly is in a position to become a head coach for the first time since what, Denver? I don't see him passing up this opportunity. And he will have the opportunity to work with a promising young QB in Jalen Hurts. I don't see him turning down the job this time. Not with Brady gone and no imminent promise of more championships with the Pats.

NESN is quoting Philly sportswriters that the Eagles job is down to 2 candidates; McD and Duce Staley (Eagles RB). Lurie is getting texts from his players supporting Staley.

NESN is quoting Philly sportswriters that the Eagles job is down to 2 candidates; McD and Duce Staley (Eagles RB). Lurie is getting texts from his players supporting Staley.
Philly fans don't seem to be convinced. Apparently Eskin has a habit of stating opinions that sound sourced.

I'm indifferent to Josh leaving. 2-3 years ago would have been an issue as he was the creamy filling between two hard Oreo cookies.

Now? Meh.

No way I want Fat Matt coaching the O. He'll sit back and play bend dont break offense all day.
Yeah, I am good with a fresh change, but Matty O? No thank you.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back