PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo negotiations + OC interviews next week

“My opinion” is the actual result he produced. Not a what if.
Your argument is you want to hire someone who failed because you are blaming the failure in someone else. Why not hire someone who succeeds.
I don’t want to hire him, not even a bit, I am discussing that an OC can’t be only judged by stats , I am sure Patricia‘s stats if he would be the jets oc would not have been better which means he is at least equally bad than lafleur
Patricia took the same offense with second year players and second year in the system so they should have been better together and got worse results
Hey you are entitled to your opinion but an opinion that after watching the Jets offense the last 2 years says “wow let’s get the guy in charge of that” is a horribly misinformed one.

I don’t want to hire him, not even a bit, I am discussing that an OC can’t be only judged by stats , I am sure Patricia‘s stats if he would be the jets oc would not have been better which means he is at least equally bad than lafleur
Patricia took the same offense with second year players and second year in the system so they should have been better together and got worse results
Then what is your point? The guy sucks.

Thank God it gives the system we always used much hope.
Was Patricia’s system any resemblance of the older systems?

They went hybrid

I’m leaning towards someone from the Eagles, Dolphins or Niners staff,
All have innovative offenses.
I’m very curious to see who all the Patriots bring in for a interview.

They went hybrid
I sit up in the Lower ring at the games
Great vantage point. I never watch the QB after I know it is a pass play. I would immediately look for where the WR separation was forming and knew where the ball would go.
While I was watching I would count in my head knowing you have max 5 seconds

This year there hardly ever was any separation and Mac was feeling pressure within 2-3 seconds. The pressure I would would watch on replay.

I just knew the system sucked from play calling to overall structure. I know we need an overhaul at OL. But I think they even screwed up their system

I am surprised that they can pass so easily against the niners D . Not much pressure on Geno

I am surprised that they can pass so easily against the niners D . Not much pressure on Geno
The fix is in. Bogus lineman downfield, Ward mauls Metcalf, no call

Not surprising. If I were him, I’d go to an SEC school. Earn millions and have hot chicks throwing bras at me. I’m not sure I see grown men taking him that seriously.
I found it so odd when this came out, because I’ve been reading and watching a lot about Thailand the last few weeks. Certainly not a bad place to spend some time. You can get a beautiful 2 bedroom condo with incredible ocean views (literally 2 blocks away from the ocean), for under 60k US. I can imagine he already has a place if he booked a one way ticket. Probably owns a huge mansion for under 1 mill US. Your money really goes far in Thailand. You can eat at a restaurant for every meal, and your food bill will be under $150 a month. I can imagine he probably lives like a king with the type of money he makes.

And you know this how?

Please give me all of the inside information that you have that proves to you that belichick withholds knowledge from his staff.
Yikes, It’s called a joke , because that’s what was reported when he kept McDaniels from going to the Colts.

Yikes, It’s called a joke , because that’s what was reported when he kept McDaniels from going to the Colts.
What are you talking about. What was reported? That belichick was holding back things from
McDaniels? Yeah I don’t think so.

This is ridiculously transparent for the Patriots. Kind of freaking me out.

I’m shocked at the Mayo news. It’s not a done deal but the fact that it’s being published makes it seem like it’s close to a done deal - it’s basically an announcement saying “he’s staying, his official title just hasn’t been stamped down yet.”

Seems like he’ll be the DC or maybe even more than that. Possible HC of the NEP in the future?
I agee, got to be at least a DC, offer no way he is staying if he doesn't get that title.

Curran didn’t quote anyone. He said his belief was they felt “he did more of the coordinating and Steve called the plays”
This is currans opinion and subject to his interpretation and exactly what he heard from who that he is interpreting.
Curran being wrong, or embellishing, aletering or enhancing what he was told is not a reflection in mayos integrity.

I’ll put it a different way. Tom Currans “understanding” is far from a fact and absolutely seasoned with his own agenda.
I believe Curran had conversations with Mayo or his camp in the past on this issue and that is how he interpreted it. Sometimes those sources say “don’t quote me“or “off the record”. So you use terms such as “my understanding” or“my belief” out if respect of your source.
But this is splitting hairs and but yes open for interpretation. Yours is the glass is half empty mine is the glass is half full

It appears as if “Bill’s open world” didn’t do much good for Patrica and Judge.
Highly doubt Bill "opened the world" to Patricia and Judge. I mean he couldn't even formally give him the OC title. Even though that was obviously his role. This was a Bill's wait/see year for those coordinators. Now Mayo is a yes, (DC or more long term), Matty P not so much !!

It was the same offensive system. Everything that they did this year was part of what they have done for many years. That’s indisputable.
It was reported all over the place that the Pats were implementing a more zone based running scheme and plays this summer. They abandoned it during the season when it didn't work. Curran wrote and spoke about it, Zo spoke about, etc... You seem to be the only person dying on the "it's the same offence they always ran" hill.

Again, you can’t just look at the numbers and conclude that la fleur is a worse oc than patricia
You need to look at the circumstances and given talent
And if you include this then....
Patricia is much worse

You like LaFleur? You think he is good?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes