PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Martellus Bennett : [UPDATE: Placed on IR]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had no memory of this guy when this thread was made, but now that he has officially been claimed, it's all coming back to me.

Welcome back Bennett!

Big fan of Bennett. Hope this pans out in a positive direction. If he's can get to the production he had last year, it'll toss that ppg up just a bit. Always liked his character, too. Intelligent, creative and doesn't take crap.

I'm not surprised he's returning to N.E.. I am surprised they claimed him off waivers.

Maybe the Pats reason he's more motivated when he's paid.

Rodgers goes down, Marty doesn't want to give body for a no name QB to end career, Packers see a chance to get out of bad contract for quitting player, BB gladly takes the change to possibly turn it into some money.. one way or the other

Wow.
Still a physical to pass potentially.
Could be a magic reunion.
True but hopeful.

Stoked, would have bet money that it wouldn't happen based on a gut feeling. Stoked to be wrong!
I had a strong feeling it'd happen because it made way too much sense. If he is healthy enough to contribute there was next to no reason not to pick him up. Need an extra red zone threat, need Gronk insurance. The guy succeeded in our system. As said by others, it was a no brainer.

Well, if you listen to the folks in Green Bay, it seems that Bennett lost his hands someone between New England and Wisconsin, so we may need to start a search.

Can't wait for Brady to hit him on a misdirection to test those hands...they always connected here last year.:cool:

Hoping I'm wrong yet again, but I don't think he'll be on the field Sunday night, which is a shame.

Agreed... I wouldn’t have thought they would want that contract.
I think they are looking at it as an 8-week deal and his 2017 salary is quite low.

After 2017, go back to step 1 where we either strike a new deal or let him go.

Hoping I'm wrong yet again, but I don't think he'll be on the field Sunday night, which is a shame.
Imagine if he is? Talk about screwing up the other team’s game plan late in the week. Denver would probably complain to the competition committee to change the rules.

I wouldn't doubt it with his knowledge of our Offense...he shouldn't have left in the First Place we all liked him last year. Another Player for Denver to think about BB and his mind games.

I SO FRIGGEN HAPPY about this. I NEVER wanted Bennett to leave. Hopefully this injury only keeps him out a couple of games. I would love to see Bennett and Gronk together for the last 5 games of the year + playoffs. And hopefully he changes his mind about retiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes