PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Martellus Bennett : [UPDATE: Placed on IR]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed Marty on Twitter again, had unfollowed after he left. Be interesting to see what he posts tomorrow.

#88 is still available, yeah?

Should seriously help in the red zone. Gronk and MB, oh my ....

Allen will continue to do what he is asked to and be part of Pats offence.
Marty is a ? at this point. Id be happy if he can recover, re-focus and be available as insurance for Gronk and possibly significant add. playoff wrinkle.

They haven't asked him to do anything yet?

i think marty can be the missing piece that puts us over the top this year

just hope his health checks out

Good call on them trading for Bennett dude! You're like Nostradomous. ;)
You and others if your ilk said the pats were through with him, wouldn't want him, that ship has sailed, he'd never come here. "No, no, no, a thousamd times no!"

You were wrong, i was right. The pats did want him and he has found his way back. Now you're acting like quite the lousy bum yourself. "Oh but they didn't trade for him!" That wasn't really the point, they are interested. He's back. You were 1,000% wrong and i was right.

Hollister to the practice squad hopefully?

Does prescient mean “drunk?”
No, it means correct as in able to foretell the future.

Does "No, no, no he'll never come back, ever. Pats wouldn't want him back under any circumstances. Crazy idea", mean you were wrong?

Maybe the seahags will waive Michael now.... :)

Also, I fail to understand all this "headcase" talk. Bennet talked ****, but he did it in a cool way. Compare his method to the infamous WW foot speech.
I think the concerns were understandable considering that he’s been on a ton of different teams and never really found a home, and had basically quit on the Packers, or at least done something there to shoot his way out of town.

Now, of course, there are lots of positives too, like his familiarity with the system and players, his upgrade in talent, and the assumption that he’s going to improve our team. Hoping he’s a great mid-season signing.

You and others if your ilk said the pats were through with him, wouldn't want him, that ship has sailed, he'd never come here. "No, no, no, a thousamd times no!"

You were wrong, i was right. The pats did want him and he has found his way back. Now you're acting like quite the lousy bum yourself. "Oh but they didn't trade for him!" That wasn't really the point, they are interested. He's back. You were 1,000% wrong and i was right.

How strange, the machinations of this broken mind . . . ;)

I think the concerns were understandable considering that he’s been on a ton of different teams and never really found a home, and had basically quit on the Packers, or at least done something there to shoot his way out of town.

Now, of course, there are lots of positives too, like his familiarity with the system and players, his upgrade in talent, and the assumption that he’s going to improve our team. Hoping he’s a great mid-season signing.
The Patriots are the 70s and ,80s Raiders.

The undervalued, disrespected, malcontents, washouts,disgruntled and disenfranchised are all welcome.

I'll tell y'all everything one day, but wow.

11/9/17, 8:37PM

Is he happy to be back or not, that's the real question ;)

I didn't see that trade thread but I've had discussions about Allen and let me tell you some people see no fault whatever concerning him. You can't reason with them. There's one excuse after another; If he can't catch its Brady's fault. Too many other receivers. He's an expensive backup for when Gronk is hurt, then Gronk gets hurt and he doesn't do anything. He is a blocking tight end so he's not suppose to catch. The pats are just stashing him for the playoffs.

It says a lot about how the pats are evaluating Allen by acquiring an injured Marty midway through the season. That's your main point. I got it and those that have paid attention to the te2 spot likely got it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes