PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Martellus Bennett : [UPDATE: Placed on IR]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another RB is the last thing we need. One of our deepest positional groups.
Sheer numbers does not equal depth. We could pull bodies off the practice squad if needed.

Nice, this is pretty much best case scenario. Signing a TE for 8 games is tough because by the time he knows your offense well enough to be a major contributor the season is over anyway. But Bennett already knows the offense.

Anyone seen a good source for backstory from the Green Bay perspective on this? What happened to get them to cut him with this weird non-disclosure situation?

EDIT: Homepage - Bob McGinn Football has an article behind a paywall.

He's not missed a game this season for GB.

Also, Green Bay will never sign another free agent again after being burned like this :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I would like to make it clear to some of y'all that Allen wasn't entirely at fault for some of his drops. Brady didn't throw a few of those passes right so you can't blame a receiver for a bad pass (even by Brady). That said, Bennett move looks good on paper.

Last edited:
I don't understand this. What is the grievance GB would be filing for? The Signing bonus? So who gets the signing bonus money? GB or Pats? Or does GB get the 2017 season pr0-ration and Pats get the 2018/2019 pro-ration of the signing bonus?
Patriots get nothing except salaries. His cap hit is his salary for as long as they keep him and he will have zero dead money if released.

I don't understand this. What is the grievance GB would be filing for? The Signing bonus? So who gets the signing bonus money? GB or Pats? Or does GB get the 2017 season pr0-ration and Pats get the 2018/2019 pro-ration of the signing bonus?

I edited the post a bit.
As I can understand it GB could go for it to write off at least 4.2M prorated signing bonuses from their 2018, 2019 caps possibly also part of 2.1M for 2017 . and Pats would get the credit for it in 2018. Don't really understand it but that's how I can understand it..:D

So do we still have that roster spot open for either valentine or Mitchell? Still holding out hope with Mitchell.

I wouldn't doubt it with his knowledge of our Offense...he shouldn't have left in the First Place we all liked him last year. Another Player for Denver to think about BB and his mind games.

A consistent thing in Bill's tenure has been that if someone isn't participating in the week's practices they generally don't play.

Maybe if he's in uniform today and practicing tomorrow, but if not I'm guessing he's inactive. Man I'd *LOVE* to see him on that field though.

h1WxELP.gif

Nothing from marty on social media about going back to the pats...

Stayed out of this whole thread as I had no time to monitor situation.

Funny to play catch up and read 15 pages (280+ posts) and see the transition of some guy's views as BB works his magic. Guys who said never gonna happen, this would be stupid, I hate him, his shoulder is toast and can't block. . . are mostly jumping on the Bennet bandwagon now . Too funny. :)

I am so PSYCHED for potential 2TE magic, whether that comes in 1, 2, or 3 weeks. . .I am confident it is coming.

Also, I fail to understand all this "headcase" talk. Bennet talked ****, but he did it in a cool way. Compare his method to the infamous WW foot speech. BB never gave any indication of a problem with it or him -he offered the guy a fair-market deal to come back. so why all this surprise or trepidation now?? BB not worried about him, why should we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe