PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney out week one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something stinks about this situation. First, the report comes as just a crawl along the ESPN ticker, then no one corroborates the report but several others relate that ESPN is reporting it, then Maroney shows up in full pads and works out... something fishy about the whole situation.

Richter said:
Something stinks about this situation. First, the report comes as just a crawl along the ESPN ticker, then no one corroborates the report but several others relate that ESPN is reporting it, then Maroney shows up in full pads and works out... something fishy about the whole situation.
Next thing you know, Tomase will be claiming "rumblings".

Richter said:

See post #62 and let us know what you think.

QB12

T-ShirtDynasty said:
exactly :). i think bb will still suit up maroney just to piss these media people even if he doesnt play a snap. he did that with dillon last yr.

Richter said:

I was thinking this also.............this situation is very strange. Something is up with this. Just glad to hear he is practicing...........and ESPN ticker still says he is out...........very odd situation.

Last edited:
QB12 said:
See post #62 and let us know what you think.

QB12

Yeah, I read that... I don't know if they'd be trying to identify someone within the organization, or someone in the media with such a tactic... I think it's more likely that someone outside the organization is trying to stir the pot with this. No one that acts as a public representitive of the Patriots has said anything to this effect, and you don't tend to see too many leaks from the team, so this is either a major deviation from that, or more likely, someone speculating from the outside and either deliberately trying to plant a story, or being misinterpreted. If the report turns out to be bogus, I hope the Pats go on the warpath against the offender if they're in house.

Last edited:
there is a major issue with comprehension on this board lately, as well as panic

'out' and 'injured' are not the same thing

this is a rookie running back

he is behind a future HOF candidate running back on the depth chart

it makes no sense to rush him on the field and all the sense in the world to bring him along slowly

T-ShirtDynasty said:

I think the "rumblings" are coming from Tomase's fat asss.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

Given the circumstances couldn't "your tightness" do us all a favor and retitle this thread with a ? or ESPN Alone.. and merge it with the other panic attack threads so that those of us who only want to be bothered reading more on this riviting topic if and when there is a confirmed report of something afoot won't be revisiting hysterical threads looking for actual information????? Please, please, please.....

D-cleater said:
If you guys look back on the last few years, since 2003 really, this team is consistenly getting derailed by injuries, and this year is no different. We've already lost two key special teams players to non-contact related injuries (Gardner got hit, I believe), our top two draft picks to non-contact related injuries... yes, we don't know whats up with Maroney, but Jackson simply has not been able to ever get on the field basically since mini camp.

Look at the list of players that were being held out of training camp on a daily basis. It's consistently in double digits.

And we haven't even played one regular season game yet! I'm almost nervous to see the players take the field, its like you're waiting to see who's next to go on IR. Not fun.

I just pray for the good health of this team this year. One thing we can NOT afford is injuries. We seem to have depth on both lines, TE, and RB, but for the other positions....... shhhhh! Quietly keep your fingers crossed and please don't even speculate what would happen if ****** got hurt. That's BB's job. Maybe I'm being superstitious, but injuries are no joke.

Care to list the injuries since 2003? Here, let me help you.

Roosevelt Colvin - (2003) fractured hip
Mike Compton - (2003) -
Stephen Neal - (2003) Shoulder
David Patten - (2003) Knee
Rodney Harrison - (2003) - broken arm , (2005) Torn ACL, MCL, PCL
Eugene Wilson - (2003)Torn leg muscle
Adriam Klemm - (2003)ACL, (2004)
Ty Law -(2004) - Lis Franc Fracture
Ty Poole (2004) Knee, (2005)Ankle
Dan Klecko - (2004) ACL
Tom Ashworth (2004) Back
Rodney Bailey (2004) Torn Achilles
Zeron Fleminster (2004)
Guss Scott (2004) ACL, (2005) ACL
Ben Watson - (2004) ACL
Matt Light - (2005) Ankle
Dan Koppen - (2005) Shoulder
Duane Starks - (2005) Shoulder
Tedy Bruschi - (2005) Stroke
Ted Johnson - (2005) Retired - Post Concussion Syndrome
Chad Scott - (2005) Shoulder
Ryan Claridge - (2005) Shoulder
Mike Wright - (2005)
Randall Gay - (2005) High Ankle Sprain

Now, there were others, but they were minor in severity.

If you review a MAJORITY of the injuries, they are of the Catastrophic type. And you can only do so much preparation for these.

Bostonian1962 said:
Careful. I said something like that 7 or 8 months ago, and several "expert" posters ripped me a new one.

That's because you were wrong then, just as Tibbs is wrong now.

You both need to take a step back and do some research on the types of injuries the Patriots have had.

IF there were a LOT of pulled/strained muscles, I'd agree with you. However, the injuries that have been occuring are of the CATASTROPHIC nature. The ones that its nearly impossible to prepare for.

SVN said:
i think the pats are also the most cautious when bringing back people from injury. unless a player is absolutely needed , they dont play him. thats why our weekly injury reports diminish when we reach the playoffs and are always long in the regular season.

I agree! The trainers and coaches will probably err on the side of caution when it comes to a rook. The season is a long one for them as it is and that coupled with them being a bit more reckless in their play might be a factor also. We the fans want to show off our new toys, make a splash, show off, as it were. Understandable, but I'll trust the coaches to look at the big picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes