PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney out week one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, no mention of Maroney being out in Tomase's blog...and we all know that he would have jumped all over that if BB mentioned it in his press conference.

http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

Home > Blogs > The Point After > RSS Feed

September 4th, 2006
Nothing new on Deion
Posted by Albert Breer at 11:07 am

Not that it’s a surprise, but WR Deion Branch’s situation doesn’t seem to have changed. Coach Bill Belichick didn’t address it, but did go into newly acquired receivers Jonathan Smith and Doug Gabriel. He agreed that this week presents both with a crash course in moving to vastly different systems that were part of in Buffalo and Oakland, respectively.

“That’s a process were going to have to go through to accelerate through this week and it may take a little longer than that,†Belichick said.

– Belichick confirmed that released WR Bam Childress has yet to go through waivers. That’ll happen at 4 p.m. this afternoon. If he clears, the team is likely to bring him back on to the practice squad.

– The coach said that Willie Andrews will continue to take reps at both safety and receiver, in addition to his return-game responsibilities, as the season opens.

– The locker room’s open, and we’ll be back with some things out of there.

I guess that I have to post this again.

I know an NFL Training and Conditioning coach who has been in the league for over 20 years. He has been with an AFC team and is now with an NFC team.

During a conversation I had with him over a year ago he said that the Patriots T&C coach is one of the best in the business. I never asked him about it and he brought it up.

If he thought otherwise he would had not even mentioned it.

So, you can put away you poles on that fishing trip, it just isn't the right area to look for explainations.

Nothing about Maroney being out in the Projo blog either.
http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/PatsBlog/
Monday morning
Hey all --

Bill Belichick just held his first press conference since after the Patriots' game in New York last Thursday, and seemed somewhat upbeat. He said New England is on its first day of preparation for the season opener against Buffalo and knows there's "excitement, anticipation for fans and teams."

But he also said this may be one of the toughest games of the year to prepare for -- not just because its the first game and the Bills likely withheld some things during their preseason games, but also because Buffalo has a new head coach in **** Jauron and two new coordinators.

Locker room is opening now; be back with more later.

Former lurker here,

Just wanted to point out that there is no story on ESPN bottom line about maroney being injured. Anyway, any news item on the bottom line links to a full story on the espn website, so people would be able to see it there.

So, the OP either misread the bottom line or is just trying to rile you up. Or I completely missed something. But I checked several times, and there is no story about a Maroney injury.

Besides, do you really think ESPN would know about that before BB released an injury report?

It always amazes me how somebody with 4 posts can start a panic with an unconfirmed rumor. Some people here need to get a healthy dose of skepticism.

AllsIknowsis the Pats would not have 3SB rings if it weren't for an injury--that glass's more than half full. Until the injury report comes out or there is better info, maybe someone ot there (hints) is just gamin' Jauron.

It absolutely is scrolling across the bottom line. I just saw it.

Last edited:
When Bears Attack said:
Former lurker here,

Just wanted to point out that there is no story on ESPN bottom line about maroney being injured. Anyway, any news item on the bottom line links to a full story on the espn website, so people would be able to see it there.

So, the OP either misread the bottom line or is just trying to rile you up. Or I completely missed something. But I checked several times, and there is no story about a Maroney injury.

Besides, do you really think ESPN would know about that before BB released an injury report?

I am not trying to rile people up I swear on Tom Brady's life that ESPN bottom line had it under the NFL portion of their bottom line (after Steve Foley update and before Dolphins claim Lee Suggs). I also just saw it on ESPNNEWS bottomline. For like the third time I can't find this on any site at all but it is 100% on the bottomline maybe you missed it.

When Bears Attack said:
Former lurker here,

I'll be glad to find I've been taken on this one - and more skeptical in the future.

nhpatsfan said:
I'll be glad to find I've been taken on this one - and more skeptical in the future.

Sad to say, but it is scrolling across the bottom line update bar on ESPN right now. That's the only place, which is why I'm skeptical. But it's definitely there, after updates on Roethlisberger and Foley.

Just went by again as I was typing this.

On KFFL now..........

Patriots | Maroney will miss Week 1
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 08:38:55 -0700

ESPN's SportsCenter reports New England Patriots RB Laurence Maroney (leg) is OUT for the team's Week 1 game.

PromisedLand said:
It always amazes me how somebody with 4 posts can start a panic with an unconfirmed rumor. Some people here need to get a healthy dose of skepticism.

Sorry I only have 4 posts but I am a huge Pats fan and I can also read. I was posting what I saw and asking people if they heard or saw it as well cause this was the only thing I've seen or heard of him missing week one. Go to ESPN wait for the NFL scroll to come up and read for yourself. If you dont trust me cause I only have 4 posts then so be it. But I'm not trying to start rumors. Maybe ESPN is but not me. Dont shoot the messenger.

I actually thought about not posting what I saw cause I figured people would jump on me cause I just found the site and just registered. I guess I was right in that thought although from lurking for a few weeks I thought it wouldnt matter how many posts I had to report something that a 6 year old could read coming across the bottom of the screen.

How many posts do I need to post something I saw or read online and ask anyone if they've heard the same?

Forget about Rhodey. Maybe he did see that on ESPN.

But NONE, I MEAN NO ONE in our local media who just sat through BB's press conference has reported this.

Nothing in Tomase's blog:
http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

Nothing in the projo blog:
http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/PatsBlog/

Reiss hasn't updated his blog yet. But if BB started off his PC saying that Maroney was out, Reiss would have reported it and so would everyone else.

Last edited:
Pats0204 said:
On KFFL now..........

Patriots | Maroney will miss Week 1
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 08:38:55 -0700

ESPN's SportsCenter reports New England Patriots RB Laurence Maroney (leg) is OUT for the team's Week 1 game.

Can't call that confirmation, because they're just reporting what ESPN is saying. I want to hear some independent confirmation on this.

Richter said:
Can't call that confirmation, because they're just reporting what ESPN is saying. I want to hear some independent confirmation on this.

I'm not looking to convince you of anything..........just reporting where else I've now seen it.

RhodyPatFan said:
I am not trying to rile people up I swear on Tom Brady's life that ESPN bottom line had it under the NFL portion of their bottom line (after Steve Foley update and before Dolphins claim Lee Suggs). I also just saw it on ESPNNEWS bottomline. For like the third time I can't find this on any site at all but it is 100% on the bottomline maybe you missed it.
Swear on your own life, not Brady's. Thanks. :)

ESPN also said Ward wasn't playing Thursday, and we already know that's wrong. So I'll wait until it's official, and even if he is out, it won't make that much of a difference.

Very Un-Belichick-like to give an opposing team (Buffalo) extra days to game plan against him.

I find it absolutely fascinating that you guys are just ignoring the reports from our own local media. You know, the guys who sat there and listened to BB talk and never mentioned anything about Maroney being out.:rolleyes:

Maroney came out as a Junior out of college and I would use him on a very limited basis until he's stronger and better developed. Perhaps November you start featuring Maroney. Patrick Cobbs on the other hand clearly has the leg strength to start playing in the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes