PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney out week one

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhodyPatFan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I saw across the ESPN bottomline that Maroney is out for week one. I cant find it on ESPNs site or on anywhere else but it has came across the bottomline. Didnt know if anyone else has heard this.

What the heck happened to him ? No-one seems to have seen anything on the tape.

RhodyPatFan said:
I saw across the ESPN bottomline that Maroney is out for week one. I cant find it on ESPNs site or on anywhere else but it has came across the bottomline. Didnt know if anyone else has heard this.
i saw it too...this s**ks!

The Patriots need new trainers or something. They seem to be the most injury proned team in history.

MrTibbs said:
The Patriots need new trainers or something. They seem to be the most injury proned team in history.

Maybe being in the playoffs and making championship runs is taking its toll. I bet we've played more games than anyone over the last 5 years (save for the Eagles, those suckers).

As for Maroney and Jackson - it definitely sucks that our two rookie studs are going to be out the first game, but lets just hope they get back soon.

iam surprised espn got this news before BB released the injury report.

This is ridiculous. Why can't anyone on this damn team stay healthy?

That's a pisser. Hopefully Dillon and Faulk won't both go down until at least week 3.

Does he have knee tendinitis or something?

MrTibbs said:

I've been thinking this for years. What is up with the conditioning program on this team? They need to re-evealuate this part of the program IMO, every year its the same thing. Ofcourse many injuries are unavoidable, but at some point you have to look at whats happening to the players on this team.

************. At least we are not looking at all of the starting DBs on IR or something. He is out for a week. Its against the Bills. Can you relax a bit and let him heal and hope he'll be ready for Week 2? Do you think his stats are going to be hurting, is that what we're worried about?

I think it's all those defensive players on other teams hitting and tackling him.

I could be wrong.:rolleyes:

Kdo5 said:
************. At least we are not looking at all of the starting DBs on IR or something. He is out for a week. Its against the Bills. Can you relax a bit and let him heal and hope he'll be ready for Week 2? Do you think his stats are going to be hurting, is that what we're worried about?

I"m just afraid this is going to be one of those things where he misses a ton of time, with little explanation (a la Chad Jackson). If this team takes on a lot of injuries, they are in big time trouble.

Did BB say that? I could have sworn that the injury report hasn't been released yet.

we can probably say Chad Jackson is out aswell..

injuries biting us early again?

Chad, Laurence, Bruschi

D-cleater said:
I've been thinking this for years. What is up with the conditioning program on this team? They need to re-evealuate this part of the program IMO, every year its the same thing. Ofcourse many injuries are unavoidable, but at some point you have to look at whats happening to the players on this team.
i think the pats are also the most cautious when bringing back people from injury. unless a player is absolutely needed , they dont play him. thats why our weekly injury reports diminish when we reach the playoffs and are always long in the regular season.

DefenseRules said:
Did BB say that? I could have sworn that the injury report hasn't been released yet.
No, on Wednesday.

Any more details? One week for whatever it is to heal - no biggee. But I'm wondering about the wording...is it just one week, or is that all we know now?

Chad Jacksons out? I havent heard a thing about him except the part where the Pats released Childress made me think that they believed Chad would be ready to go for the opener.

MrTibbs said:
I think it may have more to do with the types of players that the Patriots pick up. They play all out all the time. The harder you play, the more you open your self up to injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes