PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney out week one

Status
Not open for further replies.
RhodyPatFan said:
Sorry I only have 4 posts but I am a huge Pats fan and I can also read. I was posting what I saw and asking people if they heard or saw it as well cause this was the only thing I've seen or heard of him missing week one. Go to ESPN wait for the NFL scroll to come up and read for yourself. If you dont trust me cause I only have 4 posts then so be it. But I'm not trying to start rumors. Maybe ESPN is but not me. Dont shoot the messenger.

I actually thought about not posting what I saw cause I figured people would jump on me cause I just found the site and just registered. I guess I was right in that thought although from lurking for a few weeks I thought it wouldnt matter how many posts I had to report something that a 6 year old could read coming across the bottom of the screen.

How many posts do I need to post something I saw or read online and ask anyone if they've heard the same?

Welcome to the board.

You have to understand that we have people come on the board all the time with some bullcrap or another.

Most remain sceptical unless there is a link from a credible soarce.

Don't be too concern about the doubt.

Last edited:
Here's a theory: its a leak test.

Bruschi's injury (scaphoid);
Jackson's injury (hamstring)

and at least one other were leaked. Very un-Patriotlike. This could be the setup to ID'ng the leaker. Call me crazy but its certainly possible.

QB12

jaychamp said:
Swear on your own life, not Brady's. Thanks. :)

ESPN also said Ward wasn't playing Thursday, and we already know that's wrong. So I'll wait until it's official, and even if he is out, it won't make that much of a difference.

I was gonna swear on my life but since I dont have many posts people might not think thats worthy but if a true Pats fan swore on Brady's life you know they are serious. hehe. I'll say for the last time I hope this isnt true and is just ESPN speculating. I started this thread to find out if anyone had any other confirmation on this besides ESPN. Little did I know that I'd be questioned for my small number of posts and be questioned about starting rumors to rile people up.

I also thought ESPN was fairly credible as a source. I am also a huge Sox fan as well and know that ESPN is known for passing along BS info (see ARod fiasco) but I thought this was interesting to post. I'll continue to look for confirmation from someone other than ESPN. (Hope I dont find any cause that means ESPN is wrong)

I agree that it shouldn't matter much for week 1 and I'd rather see him 100% healthy before he comes back.

Last edited:
RhodyPatFan said:
Sorry I only have 4 posts but I am a huge Pats fan and I can also read. I was posting what I saw and asking people if they heard or saw it as well cause this was the only thing I've seen or heard of him missing week one. Go to ESPN wait for the NFL scroll to come up and read for yourself. If you dont trust me cause I only have 4 posts then so be it. But I'm not trying to start rumors. Maybe ESPN is but not me. Dont shoot the messenger.

I actually thought about not posting what I saw cause I figured people would jump on me cause I just found the site and just registered. I guess I was right in that thought although from lurking for a few weeks I thought it wouldnt matter how many posts I had to report something that a 6 year old could read coming across the bottom of the screen.

How many posts do I need to post something I saw or read online and ask anyone if they've heard the same?

Nice find Rhody! Welcome, and post some more.....though could you post something more uplifting next time, like a particular signing.

Maybe he's out but the way Reiss describes him he doesn't sound like he's hurt too bad :

"Rookie running back Laurence Maroney walked through the locker room at a brisk pace and smiled as reporters approached him. He declined interview requests."

RhodyPatFan said:
I was gonna swear on my life but since I dont have many posts people might not think thats worthy but if a true Pats fan swore on Brady's life you know they are serious. hehe. I'll say for the last time I hope this isnt true and is just ESPN speculating. I started this thread to find out if anyone had any other confirmation on this besides ESPN. Little did I know that I'd be questioned for my small number of posts and be questioned about starting rumors to rile people up.

I also thought ESPN was fairly credible as a source. I am also a huge Sox fan and know that ESPN is known for passing along BS info but I thought this was interesting to post. I'll continue to look for confirmation from someone other than ESPN. (Hope I dont find any cause that means ESPN is wrong)

I agree that it shouldn't matter much for week 1 and I'd rather see him 100% healthy before he comes back.
I'm just giving you a hard time :) Every Patriots fan's life is worthy :)

They are probably right about him being out. Even if the injury is not serious at this point, it would make sense to hold him out of a game we don't need him in.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
Maybe he's out but the way Reiss describes him he doesn't sound like he's hurt too bad :

"Rookie running back Laurence Maroney walked through the locker room at a brisk pace and smiled as reporters approached him. He declined interview requests."

Damn you're quick......I was just going to post that.

I don't believe the information. When we have some indication from somewhere, a source, we should consider it. Until then, ignore.

Thanks for posting RhodyPatsFan. Welcome to the board.

My guess is one of the local reporters will pick up on this soon and file a report (or a blog).

I apologize, the bottom line must not be updating properly for me. I still can't see anything about Maroney on it, but if others have then I believe they are reporting this.

Still, ESPN must have heard from somebody that Maroney is "out" for sure, and Belichick isn't going to say that to ANYBODY on a monday unless he trusts them completely not to leak the story. So, I remain skeptical.

Murphys95 said:
Thanks for posting RhodyPatsFan. Welcome to the board.

My guess is one of the local reporters will pick up on this soon and file a report (or a blog).

Murphy's - Damn I miss that place. I used to go there every Sunday to watch the Pats when I lived in Woodbridge, Va from '93-96.

Injury report is not out, I will wait for the official word.

Well Tomase just updated his blog. He only reported what ESPN reported and that Maroney wasn't walking with a limp or anything. He looked normal.

Pats0204 said:
Murphy's - Damn I miss that place. I used to go there every Sunday to watch the Pats when I lived in Woodbridge, Va from '93-96.

Hey! It's still the best darn Patriots bar around - great crowd. Been going there since '95 myself.

Maroney back
Laurence Maroney was back at practice for the Patriots today after missing last week's workouts, and Thursday's preseason finale.

The practice was in full pads and Maroney took reps behind Corey Dillon, Kevin Faulk and Heath Evans.

More from practice in a bit.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 01:19:20 PM

Pats0204 said:
Maroney back
Laurence Maroney was back at practice for the Patriots today after missing last week's workouts, and Thursday's preseason finale.

The practice was in full pads and Maroney took reps behind Corey Dillon, Kevin Faulk and Heath Evans.

And thats the end of that chapter

hobbsownscoles said:
And thats the end of that chapter
and espnnews is still saying the same thing..wonder who their "sources" are :)

Pats0204 said:
Maroney back

That's great news! So whether he plays Sunday or not, he should be ready to go after that.

MrTibbs said:
The Patriots need new trainers or something. They seem to be the most injury proned team in history.

Careful. I said something like that 7 or 8 months ago, and several "expert" posters ripped me a new one.

Since when did BB start tipping his hand?

BB wouldnt ever let this news out a week before the game...

I have heard other places that he was back at practice yesterday or today?

I need to know, I have Dillon & Maroney in my FF league ($145 buy in) $1k prize and trophy for SB winner - so it isn't just for fun!).

I have other RB's: Mike Bell, Steven Jackson, & Derrick Blaylock all of which are wk 1 starters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back