PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Market for Bennett?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIpats88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I know from his comments it seems like he is going for the payday. But maybe I am wrong but i dont feel there will be a huge market for him.

30 year old te, injure the last two years (ended last season in chicago pn ir). Who has somewhat of a history of being a locker room problem in dallas and chicago. I dont see teams paying big $$ for that.

I think he will go to the market, realize teams arent going to "overpay for him" and come back on a reasonable deal to the pats

Giants. He will be in NY next year.

Miami comes to mind as a possibility. They could weaken the Pats and can't seem to help themselves when it comes to overpaying players.

We got him for a 5th because he had a 5.5M contract last year that other teams were not willing to take on.

He contributed to our team, but he was not great at blocking & his injury affected his on field performance.

I give him a lot of credit for staying on the field, but his injury sure made him look like an old 30 year old.

I don't see teams paying him more than he got last year.

I sure don't want us paying him anything close to what we give Gronk.

He's gone... that's fine. We can replace what he gave us. And if Gronk can stay healthy (big if) we'll be much better there than this past year

Seattle he's a better blocker than Graham

We got him for a 5th because he had a 5.5M contract last year that other teams were not willing to take on.

He contributed to our team, but he was not great at blocking & his injury affected his on field performance.

I give him a lot of credit for staying on the field, but his injury sure made him look like an old 30 year old.

I don't see teams paying him more than he got last year.

I sure don't want us paying him anything close to what we give Gronk.

Uhhhh . . . I'm not sure what prompts this comment, but I seem to recall him owning quite a few players 1 on 1 in pass pro and in the run game.

Another 2003 parallel. Ted Washington traded for one year from Chicago and then cashed in on his last contact to a crap team.

The two teams I expect him to sign with equally the most are here and Seattle. Not sure which is more likely. Could also see him being a Raven.

Great blocker. Big target who was willing to play in pain & do dirty work at the expense of stats.

Thank you, Marty, and I wish you well next season.

Last edited:
I thought he'd be back until Miguel retweeted an article about how barren the tight end market is. He's going to get paid as he's the only difference maker on the market.

Unless the Giants or SEA make a play for him I think there's a shot he'll be back. Plus he's been waxing poetic about the parade on twitter for the past ten minutes so I'll take that as a good sign.

He wants back because of the endorsement power being here gives him. As he said - nobody makes ads saying "buy these shoes this loser is wearing." So we'd definitely get him at something of a discount to the market. But obviously some team could way overpay him and he'd be a fool not to take the payday.

This guy will cash in. I don't think a team would go more than 10 million for him. I hope we have a backup plan.

Yeah, there's definitely a market for him.

Giants
Ravens
Dolphins
Seattle

He was awesome for us. He was a monster blocker, played almost the entire year injured and never complained about his role or touches.

Wish he comes back but all the best to him if he doesn't. No problem with players cashing in at contract time.

I am hoping they'll get Hightower signed before FA so they can franchise MB. Hightower knows it's either a long-term deal or the franchise tag, so I hope he takes the deal, even if it isn't as astronomical as an open market one. He has no chance of hitting the open market, though, so that's a moot point.

It will be interesting to see if he can match the production elsewhere. Sometimes other teams don't utilize the tight end as much as we do. You look at a guy like Cook and i was surprise to see he only had 300 plus yards receiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots