PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Market for Bennett?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's close to Olsen' deal. 3 year $22.5m, $12m guaranteed. I think that would be a fair deal for Bennett here. If he's looking for more, go somewhere else.

I like Bennett but he's not as good as Olsen and given his age I just don't see them going 7 per. I think they were OK with 7 for a one year deal but are skeptical he will hold up for three to four more years. I really think they will look to the draft to bring in a TE to develop, possibly even two.

Giants. He will be in NY next year.

Why would the Giants go back to the well on that? Bennett shot his way out of town..
I don't know their cap situations, but the Seahawks, Raiders, 49ers, Rams, Redskins, Panthers and Cardinals would be teams I think that may have some interest in him..

The Redskins and Bennett seem like a perfect fit.. LOL

Last edited:
Bennett is an excellent blocking TE. Besides Gronk, Bennett is the best at blocking on the line and downfield since Jermaine Wiggins. Wiggy was an extraordinary downfield blocker.

If the Patriots can work out a deal that fits the cap and Bennett is okay with shariong the spotlight with Gronk, I think he would be a priority. His market will be interesting to watch. You could be right that Bennett's value is less than his last contract which would make it possible for him to re-sign and make another run at a title. He should tell his agent that he only wants to play for a contender to see where that leads. It would be a waste for Bennett to wind up with another bad team.

Sorry, but gotta disagree with your assessment of Bennett's blocking. Bennett is good, but Daniel Graham was significantly better than Bennett..

Yeah, there's definitely a market for him.

Giants
Ravens
Dolphins
Seattle

Seattle does not have a an oline to protect Wilson and they are already paying graham 10 mill.
Likewise with the giants, although they are prone to signing ex-pats
The dolphins are the same
The ravens only have 15 mill and most of that will go to Wagner.

If he goes anywhere it will be the Bucs. They have a qb, a good team and a need and the boatload of money.

Sorry, but gotta disagree with your assessment of Bennett's blocking. Bennett is good, but Daniel Graham was significantly better than Bennett..

Daniel Graham was an excellent blocking TE. I think we had higher expectations about his pass catching/route running.

On Bennett, I continue to think about games 1-4 when Blount carried the load and Bennett was a key part of the blocking scheme along with Gronk.

Yep and that's exactly why MB said "no" to the $7M/year offer -- he wants to see if that one moron will show up or not. If not, chances are good that the $7M will be on the table still after day 1 or 2 of free agency.
I thought Marty said no to that because it was a one-year extension and he wanted a longer-term deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST