PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marcus Mariota

You know how far the team has sunk when we think Mariota will save us. LOL
Quote the contrary. To be able to win with Mariota just shows how close we were last year but were held back by crappy QB play and the fact that we have a generationally high amount of resources to improve the team with this year.

Yeah, at times it looked like he was shot putting the ball for some reason. But talk of a shot shoulder is false, IMO. Check out this clip from the Houston game in November:

That shows that he still has the arm strength (didn't even get to set his base and the ball still went 50 yards in the air).

What was off was the rest of it....poor accuracy (I even think he was supposed to hit Byrd running inside, but Byrd adjusted), poor pocket awareness (took a lot of bone crushing hits), and poor pre-snap blitz recognition. All of that can be fixed with more reps and better weapons, IMO. Hell, Brady has been a Buc longer than Cam has been a Patriot....Brady became a Buc around March 19th last year...Cam wasn't even in Foxboro until June and got hit with COVID in week 4 on top of no real camp....

I am not saying Cam is an elite, but honestly I agree that there aren't 32 better starting QB's...and he can still run the ball...12TD's ain't nothing to sneeze at.

I wonder if the abdominal injury affected his throw more than we thought. I mean how can you throw that ball above.

But then also throw multiple balls at receivers feet on short passes or when trying to do a screen.

I feel like mariota is basically a younger cam newton(not prime cam but last year's cam) with a better arm. I mean he had 88 yards in the raiders game.

Whomever they bring in there needs to be upgrades at all skill positions.

I have a feeling Trubisky is going to be the guy.
Cousins, Had my traditional Sunday breakfast on this gloomy day of Finnish pancake, syrup and sausge links with hazelnut coffee and orange juice.

I would be intrigued to see how the still very young Trubisky would be handled by Josh. His actual numbers for comeback wins is better than most. His inconsistency is well noted, All pro one game and positively "boo-able" the next. He will still command over $10mm and there are Teams that are going to bid. I think that unless Brees comes back, the Saints will be in this. Payton revived Bridgewater. He made Taysom Hill into a triple threat QB. He's going to make $12mm this year with limited snaps. Trub's ceiling might be higher than Winston and is a more conventional QB than Hill. Might even see Chicago try to resign him.

The Broncos are not sold on Locke. Trub might even be better than Tua in the long run. So is it far fetched to bring in Trub here and throw away his bad tape and concentrate on his better?

Two guys under the radar. Taguay mentioned it over the weekend and I certainly have stated this for awhile that Gardner Minshew could be the guy. He was the bright spots in many awful Jaguar games. He has that charisma that is missing from Trubisky and frankly Mariota, At Washington State he was in the running for the Heisman vote but lost out to finalists Murray, Tua (whom he might be better than ) and Dwayne Haskins who for sure Minshew is better than. PAC 12 player of the year. For a terrible Jags Team 16 TDs and 5 INT with about 65% ,He studies the game. 6th Round Draft pick............ Would Urban Meyer help out Bill?

The other is Kyle Allen of Washington who the Pats tried for.
DW Toys

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back