PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marcus Cannon traded to Texans

A swap of 4 5 and 6?? That’s a nice coup for a guy we would have released. Moves us up 12 spots in 3 rounds or am I reading this wrong?
Actually, it's 11, 11, and 7 respectively.

Right now it have it as:

Brown, Wynn, VOID, Mason, Onwenu

I think Andrews will sign soon.....after his agent talks to other teams and sees how the wind is blowing...
It's Wynn, Onwenu, Void, Mason, Brown. Not sure why people insist on putting Brown at LT where he's not as good as Wynn.

So is Bill using the 15th pick in the draft for an O-lineman now? Someone tell me what the depth chart is like without Cannon and Thuney on the team?
Zack answers your question here: A lot of depth and flexibility along the line.

@Miguel has it as ~61M not including Brown/Bethel contracts which were about ~13M...so I have it as ~48M right now...give/take a few hundo grand....
Brown and bethel aren’t that much.

The Pats have never had to get a new QB of the future. Hell, most years they aren't even in a position to move up into the top ten not no matter how much they gave up. The only reason I see to give up a future first round pick is to get your QB of the future or say an once in a generation player falls.

I know and agree, that's why I am saying its a questionmark on the evaluation and not an impossibility.

Right now it have it as:

Brown, Wynn, VOID, Mason, Onwenu

I think Andrews will sign soon.....after his agent talks to other teams and sees how the wind is blowing...
If that Void becomes Thuney, it then becomes the best line in the league!!

We went from having picks 121 159 and 197 to picks 110 148 and 188. Using the nfl point system we gained 30 points, or in the range of a high 5th rounder.
120,158, and 194 were the picks traded. 109, 147, and 187 are what was received.

Good deal for the NEP. Frees up more space and move up the draft value chart.

HOU gets a solid, class-act of a pro and person.

Cannon gets his money.

@Miguel has it as ~61M not including Brown/Bethel contracts which were about ~13M...so I have it as ~48M right now...give/take a few hundo grand....

Do yourself a favor and correct your current cap # closer to 60M :)
(And that should include Brown, Bethel + tenders of JC Jackson & Jakub Johnson)

Miguel has it at 65.25M as of 3pm EST. Without Brown/Bethel.

120,158, and 194 were the picks traded. 109, 147, and 187 are what was received.

Where was this reported? All i saw was swap of picks wo clarifications. Both have multiple 4th and 6th rounders..
I hope this is what it means but im not so optimistic :)

Where was this reported? All i saw was swap of picks wo clarifications. Both have multiple 4th and 6th rounders..
I hope this is what it means but im not so optimistic :)

It was reported in the CBS article I linked in the other thread:

"New England will receive pick No. 109 (fourth round), No. 147 (fifth round), and No. 187 (sixth round) picks while Houston gets Cannon, pick No. 120 (fourth round), No. 158 (fifth round) pick, and No. 194 (sixth round). "

Breaking: After hearing the news of being traded to Texans, Marcus Cannon announces his retirement.
I know right? Every good player has either left or is on their way out of that sh*thole and Bill sends Cannon there? What did he ever do to Bill to get flushed down the toilet like that. Lol

It was reported in the CBS article I linked in the other thread:

"New England will receive pick No. 109 (fourth round), No. 147 (fifth round), and No. 187 (sixth round) picks while Houston gets Cannon, pick No. 120 (fourth round), No. 158 (fifth round) pick, and No. 194 (sixth round). "

He's just citing McBride and could be speculating - is there specification in McB report? I dont have access..

Cousin, Cannon is from Texas. I am sure he was questioned prior to the Trade.
DW Toys
Not necessarily. Harmon and Gronk were told they were traded to DET. Seymour was told he was going to OAK.

Excellent trade for Bill, saves lots of cash and draft capitol for someone that was going to be cut.

I know right? Every good player has either left or is on their way out of that sh*thole and Bill sends Cannon there? What did he ever do to Bill to get flushed down the toilet like that. Lol
Not necessarily. Harmon and Gronk were told they were traded to DET. Seymour was told he was going to OAK.
Since he's from Texas, he probably won't mind the trade. But if he does, take a page out of Gronk's playbook and say "you're retiring" and let Caserio think of whether he still wants to go through with the trade.

Seymour played it wrong by just holding out when the trade was already completed.

Good trade for everyone. Cannon gets his money, gets to return to Texas, the Pats move up in three rounds.

I think k everyone (understandingly so) is forgetting about Yondey Cajuste).

Like Cannon he was a steal in the draft because of injury. He is supposedly healthy now, so he will definitely be in the mix at the very least will be the swing tackle.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back